TBN : With Bills’ defensive players itching to blitz, Ryan flashing the ‘go’ sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

TBN : With Bills’ defensive players itching to blitz, Ryan flashing the ‘go’ sign

A really excellent article if you have the patience to get through it. Ton of great material and references to Buddy's 46 & coaching, Talley's comments, Doug Plank's (46) comments, references to LeBeau's zone blitz. Some truly great work by Tyler Dunne in putting it together. I can't even give you a cliff notes version, you just have to be patient enough to read it. If you aren't, well, the conclusion to me anyway is that Rex Ryan isn't Buddy, or LeBeau, we don't have Plank or Talley, and this won't necessarily end well, though I think the intent of the article is to indicate it might.

• BuffaloWingEater
    • Aug 2012

Re: TBN : With Bills’ defensive players itching to blitz, Ryan flashing the ‘go’ sign

Dunne has become the New's best sports writer.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Re: TBN : With Bills’ defensive players itching to blitz, Ryan flashing the ‘go’ sign

Good article...I hope the results match the player's confidence.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Lets hope it works, so far / so bad.

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

dick lebeau is probably the best dc ever imo. every team hes ever coached has been good defensively. wish i really knew what happened in rapelistown bc i woulda never let him leave if i coulda helped it. you let a guy like that coach for life if he wants
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
            dick lebeau is probably the best dc ever imo. every team hes ever coached has been good defensively. wish i really knew what happened in rapelistown bc i woulda never let him leave if i coulda helped it. you let a guy like that coach for life if he wants
            Too bad Donahoe only gave him a position here to give him a paycheck until he could return to Pittsburgh.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• cookie G
              • Mar 2003

It isn't so much a matter of blitzing as it is taking the chains off the front 4, lining them up right and letting them go.

That's why we have them.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                Lets hope it works, so far / so bad.
                Even more bad.

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

Well, I wasn't real impressed. Good point in the article I linked mentioned how Buddy moved Dan Hampton in his defense to play over the worst opponent OL to create chaos, and why doesn't Rex do that with Mario ? I suppose because Rex isn't Buddy and Buddy isn't feeling well enough these days to holler at Rex, so Rex can keep Jets'ing along.

Comment

Working...
                  X