PDA

View Full Version : TBN : With Bills’ defensive players itching to blitz, Ryan flashing the ‘go’ sign

Mace
10-24-2015, 05:49 PM
A really excellent article if you have the patience to get through it. Ton of great material and references to Buddy's 46 & coaching, Talley's comments, Doug Plank's (46) comments, references to LeBeau's zone blitz. Some truly great work by Tyler Dunne in putting it together. I can't even give you a cliff notes version, you just have to be patient enough to read it. If you aren't, well, the conclusion to me anyway is that Rex Ryan isn't Buddy, or LeBeau, we don't have Plank or Talley, and this won't necessarily end well, though I think the intent of the article is to indicate it might.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/24/with-bills-defensive-players-itching-to-blitz-ryan-flashing-the-go-sign/

BuffaloWingEater
10-24-2015, 07:01 PM
Dunne has become the New's best sports writer.

YardRat
10-24-2015, 08:26 PM
Good article...I hope the results match the player's confidence.

Skooby
10-24-2015, 08:38 PM
Lets hope it works, so far / so bad.

Meathead
10-24-2015, 10:50 PM
dick lebeau is probably the best dc ever imo. every team hes ever coached has been good defensively. wish i really knew what happened in rapelistown bc i woulda never let him leave if i coulda helped it. you let a guy like that coach for life if he wants

YardRat
10-25-2015, 06:16 AM
dick lebeau is probably the best dc ever imo. every team hes ever coached has been good defensively. wish i really knew what happened in rapelistown bc i woulda never let him leave if i coulda helped it. you let a guy like that coach for life if he wants

Too bad Donahoe only gave him a position here to give him a paycheck until he could return to Pittsburgh.

cookie G
10-25-2015, 07:04 AM
It isn't so much a matter of blitzing as it is taking the chains off the front 4, lining them up right and letting them go.

That's why we have them.

Skooby
10-25-2015, 06:26 PM
Lets hope it works, so far / so bad.

Even more bad.

Mace
10-25-2015, 06:40 PM
Well, I wasn't real impressed. Good point in the article I linked mentioned how Buddy moved Dan Hampton in his defense to play over the worst opponent OL to create chaos, and why doesn't Rex do that with Mario ? I suppose because Rex isn't Buddy and Buddy isn't feeling well enough these days to holler at Rex, so Rex can keep Jets'ing along.