Crisis
10-25-2015, 08:15 AM
Zero awareness, zero accuracy.

justasportsfan
10-25-2015, 08:16 AM
We screwed up by cutting Cassel and we're paying for it

kingJofNYC
10-25-2015, 08:16 AM
What are you guys talking about, he's better than Taylor, he's just rusty....

HAHAHA

Where are the defenders today. Leave him in England, dude can start a QB camp.

Typ0
10-25-2015, 08:17 AM
We screwed up by picking Manuel.

SpikedLemonade
10-25-2015, 08:20 AM
We screwed up by picking Manuel.

That is the truth.

Cassel was not the answer.

Taylor will get us to 7-9.

This team has regressed.

Typ0
10-25-2015, 08:21 AM
Manuel is pathetic. He should be cut tomorrow. He's useless and will never see the field again in the NFL after today unless it's with us because we are ****ing stupid.

kingJofNYC
10-25-2015, 08:25 AM
Nah, Manuel won the job fair and square, he should be starter for the rest of the year....

Where is tackling dummy to spout off that line.

Mr. Miyagi
10-25-2015, 08:26 AM
The mother****er is blind as a bat.

whkfc
10-25-2015, 08:35 AM
If EJ Manuel ever starts another game for the Buffalo Bills I may have to give up find another team.

ICRockets
10-25-2015, 08:37 AM
Can go to hell.

Why, what did he do?

USC_Gamecock
10-25-2015, 08:38 AM
Why, what did he do?

personal attack removed

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-25-2015, 08:39 AM
If EJ Manuel ever starts another game for the Buffalo Bills I may have to give up find another team.
I did that and went with farve's Vikings. I'd go with Cincinnati.

ICRockets
10-25-2015, 08:40 AM
Oh look at this fatty ...

That's not an answer. Why should EJ Manuel go to hell?

Victor7
10-25-2015, 08:42 AM
Leave him in London.

hanging from a tree preferably.

He might find his way back to Buffalo.

By all means do the same with his No. 1 fan Doug Whaley. As bas as EJ is he wouldn't even be on the roster if not for Whaley. Rex and Roman had him relegated to No. 3 and I am 100% sure ready to be cut. But his dad Whaley intervened (twice) and kept him on the roster.

ICRockets
10-25-2015, 08:43 AM
Leave him in London.

hanging from a tree preferably.

Why, what did he do?

TacklingDummy
10-25-2015, 08:46 AM
Nah, Manuel won the job fair and square, he should be starter for the rest of the year....

Where is tackling dummy to spout off that line.
Sadly he still looks better than Tyrod passing the ball.

USC_Gamecock
10-25-2015, 08:53 AM

0/10

justasportsfan
10-25-2015, 08:56 AM
That's stupid

Victor7
10-25-2015, 09:01 AM

This has to be a joke

Please somebody tell me this is a joke

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 09:05 AM
EJ is a poor QB but at least he's a QB. Tyrod is a running back playing QB.

This team is going nowhere with either of them behind center and this franchise by not adequately fixing the QB position completely wasted all of that talent on the defensive side of the ball. A defensive squad, when they're not putting Hughes or Mario into random zones of nothingness, that was elite before Rex got here.

Ingtar33
10-25-2015, 09:07 AM

as of halftime -

Taylor - 70% - 8ypa - 9TD 4INT - 103 rating (0 fumbles lost)
vs
Manuel - 61% - 6.3ypa - 2TD 4INT - 63 rating (1 fumble lost)

Even though stats generally don't tell the whole tale, I'd say they're pretty accurate at this point.

Typ0
10-25-2015, 09:52 AM
Taylor has been a heck of a QB for us ... but he's not on the field and that's a problem.

Typ0
10-25-2015, 09:53 AM
EJ is a poor QB but at least he's a QB. Tyrod is a running back playing QB.

OK Doug.

sudzy
10-25-2015, 09:55 AM
Zero awareness, zero accuracy.

Everyone has know that for over a year except Whaley and the homers on this board.

don137
10-25-2015, 10:37 AM
How many bad mistakes have EJ made today? Truly unbelievable.

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 10:42 AM
As I said in another thread...Manuel's performance today is pretty much a carbon copy of Tyrod's performance against the Pats.

But Tyrod is good and EJ sucks, right?

IlluminatusUIUC
10-25-2015, 10:44 AM
Any one who tries to deflect blame for this loss onto McCoy or the defense (you know who you are) needs to watch that 5 minute 3 turnover stretch of the 2nd quarter on repeat all week. That may have cost us the season.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said in another thread...Manuel's performance today is pretty much a carbon copy of Tyrod's performance against the Pats.

But Tyrod is good and EJ sucks, right?

One was against a hall of fame coach and Super Bowl champion, the other was against the 1-5 Jaguars. Context matters.

kingJofNYC
10-25-2015, 10:45 AM
Keep up the good job Mr Pink.

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 10:46 AM
Any one who tries to deflect blame for this loss onto McCoy or the defense (you know who you are) needs to watch that 5 minute 3 turnover stretch of the 2nd quarter on repeat all week. That may have cost us the season.

- - - Updated - - -

One was against a hall of fame coach and Super Bowl champion, the other was against the 1-5 Jaguars. Context matters.

Fine context? EJs performance today was better than Tyrods performance against the Titans.

Victor7
10-25-2015, 10:46 AM
lol at Mr. Pink

Dude are you related to EJ or Whaley ??

Unreal.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-25-2015, 10:50 AM
Fine context? EJs performance today was better than Tyrods performance against the Titans.

How exactly? Again. 3 turnovers on 5 plays leads to 20 points for the Jaguars. Taylor being inaccurate in Tennessee doesn't make it worse.

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 10:51 AM
How exactly? Again. 3 turnovers on 5 plays leads to 20 points for the Jaguars. Taylor being inaccurate in Tennessee doesn't make it worse.

14 points directly off the turnovers. Defense could have still stepped up and stopped the third TD, they didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

lol at Mr. Pink

Dude are you related to EJ or Whaley ??

Unreal.

Your love for Tyrod is unreal.

Both of these QBs are complete trash.

sudzy
10-25-2015, 10:54 AM
- - - Updated - - -

Your an idiot. Victor Isn't a Taylor fan at all. He was a Cassel fan. Find one post were Victor praised Taylor.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-25-2015, 10:55 AM
14 points directly off the turnovers. Defense could have still stepped up and stopped the third TD, they didn't.

Starting a defensive drive on your own 36 isn't a situation most defenses will thrive in, let alone after your halfwit QB has just handed the opponent 14 straight points and the other team is fired up.

The defense held Jax to under 300 total yards, kept them off the board for 28 minutes of the second half, and scored the points to put us in the lead by themselves. Yet it's somehow their fault.

Novacane
10-25-2015, 10:55 AM
EJ is done in Buffalo. The argument is over

Albany,n.y.
10-25-2015, 10:59 AM

Time to remove your head from EJ's butt.

TacklingDummy
10-25-2015, 11:00 AM
as of halftime -

Taylor - 70% - 8ypa - 9TD 4INT - 103 rating (0 fumbles lost)
vs
Manuel - 61% - 6.3ypa - 2TD 4INT - 63 rating (1 fumble lost)

Even though stats generally don't tell the whole tale, I'd say they're pretty accurate at this point.

5 games

TT 96-137, 1097 yards, 9 TDs, 4 Ints, 72 first downs

2 games

EJ 52-84, 561 yards, 3 TDs, 3 Ints., 48 first down, Playing 2 games without 4 starters on offense.

They both are terrible.

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 11:01 AM
Time to remove your head from EJ's butt.

Has absolutely nothing to do with that.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of the folks on this board who think Tyrod is the next big thing and Manuel is garbage. They're pretty much mirror images of each other.

Both suck.

Albany,n.y.
10-25-2015, 11:10 AM
Has absolutely nothing to do with that.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of the folks on this board who think Tyrod is the next big thing and Manuel is garbage. They're pretty much mirror images of each other.

Both suck.
Most of us don't know what we've got in Tyrod-all we know for sure is that he's the best QB on the roster right now-which may mean nothing. If, after the season he's as bad as you think, we'll be screaming for a 1st round QB or a blockbuster trade.

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 11:13 AM
Most of us don't know what we've got in Tyrod-all we know for sure is that he's the best QB on the roster right now-which may mean nothing. If, after the season he's as bad as you think, we'll be screaming for a 1st round QB or a blockbuster trade.

Sure we do.

He's Terrelle Pryor, Troy Smith, Pat White, Tim Tebow, Vince Young.

Take your pick on which one you prefer.

DynaPaul
10-25-2015, 05:59 PM
This game was EJ's "buttfumble."

trapezeus
10-25-2015, 06:19 PM
Bills have a lot of issues, but won this game without EJ. In 6 plays it went from 3-0 to 21-3. All on EJ turnovers. And he could have had another two turnovers.

I I still think he seems like a good qb, but playing pro qb is not his thing.

BillsImpossible
10-25-2015, 06:20 PM
This game was EJ's "buttfumble."

Freaking nailed that one.

BillsImpossible
10-25-2015, 06:23 PM
Bills have a lot of issues, but won this game without EJ. In 6 plays it went from 3-0 to 21-3. All on EJ turnovers. And he could have had another two turnovers.

I I still think he seems like a good qb, but playing pro qb is not his thing.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ovUkATL4l_g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Johnny Bugmenot
10-25-2015, 07:48 PM

But Tyrod is good and EJ sucks, right? The Jaguars aren't exactly the Patriots, who deflate balls, spy on their opponents, and use the courts to get out of suspensions to maintain their winning ways. The Jaguars were 1-5 coming into today. You are comparing apples and oranges.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-25-2015, 07:49 PM
Sure we do.

He's Terrelle Pryor, Troy Smith, Pat White, Tim Tebow, Vince Young.

Take your pick on which one you prefer.
Young and Tebow had a few very successful seasons in them.

ckg927
10-25-2015, 07:56 PM
We screwed up by cutting Cassel and we're paying for it

Yeah. How's Cassel working for Dallas right about now?

CoolBreeze
10-25-2015, 08:24 PM
Please, you all make me laugh. He was 50 yards away from being today's hero. We'd be talking about his horrible start but how he bounced back to lead them to the win. but since the comeback came short he can now burn in hell he's terrible.. Sour grapes.

stuckincincy
10-26-2015, 01:59 AM
Please, you all make me laugh. He was 50 yards away from being today's hero. We'd be talking about his horrible start but how he bounced back to lead them to the win. but since the comeback came short he can now burn in hell he's terrible.. Sour grapes.

He was a dubious 1st round choice. He has had numerous starts over 3 seasons. He's been given opportunities. But has come up short time after time. He was drafted by a club that has had enduring quarterbacking problems since Kelly - and that's a long time.

Cripes, Taylor, who understandably couldn't unseat Flacco at BAL - got the nod over Manual. And Taylor is not a particularly skilled passer. He gets passes off because his nifty running legs made defenses accommodate to some degree.

ICRockets
10-26-2015, 02:03 AM

While I think it's despicable that people are suggesting we literally lynch EJ Manuel, there's no denying that he lost that game. He almost clawed us back, but he had a great deal of help on that task. The sequence of events that put us in such a deep hole to begin with were entirely on EJ, no matter how you look at it.

swiper
10-26-2015, 03:02 AM
There can be no denying, t this point, that he has to go.

Victor7
10-26-2015, 09:07 AM

You can't possibly be this stupid.

This is the 4th or 5th post of mine bashing EJ you quote. In all of them you mention Taylor. I don't mention him at all. Lets try this again

I am not a Taylor fan. Far from it. What he does or doesn't do has NOTHING to do with EJ. All of my posts are bashing EJ, none of them even mention Taylor. They are Taylor free if you will.

I suggest going back to school and learning some reading and comprehension.

Victor7
10-26-2015, 09:12 AM

Nah man

Still would be trashing him. No comeback would've been needed had he now screwed up. He lost it singlehandedly. That game should've been a win by 2 scores with just about anybody playing QB but EJ.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-26-2015, 09:18 AM

EJ wasn't responsible for their first TD, it went from 7-3 to 27-3 based on EJ's mistakes.

Albany,n.y.
10-26-2015, 09:27 AM
Yesterday's game reminded me of 2 games where 2 other highly drafted Bills QBs had fans thinking the QB was a bust.
1) The Todd Collins game at home vs Indy in 1997 where things were so bad in the 1st half that fans in the stands were looking up to where Jim Kelly was sitting and calling for him to go back on the field. In that game when the Bills eventually took the lead, there was no Indy comeback & the Bills won. Yesterday mirrored that until Jacksonville's last game winning drive.
2) JP's Meadowlands meltdown in 2008, his last start ever. It was a similar game in that the Bills took the lead in the 4th quarter, but instead of fumbling early for an opponent's TD, JP fumbled late in the game. I swear, the moment EJ fumbled, I had a flashback to JP's Meadowlands fumble. Little did I know it was only the 1st of 3 straight turnovers.

No more 1st round QBs who go by initials instead of their 1st name. When was the last time a franchise QB didn't go by a name & used initials?

ICRockets
10-26-2015, 09:44 AM
When was the last time a franchise QB didn't go by a name & used initials?

Q: How do you know somebody's a staggeringly idiotic human person?

A: This is the argument they use against EJ Manuel's continued existence in the NFL.

Mr. Pink
10-26-2015, 10:02 AM
You can't possibly be this stupid.

This is the 4th or 5th post of mine bashing EJ you quote. In all of them you mention Taylor. I don't mention him at all. Lets try this again

I am not a Taylor fan. Far from it. What he does or doesn't do has NOTHING to do with EJ. All of my posts are bashing EJ, none of them even mention Taylor. They are Taylor free if you will.

I suggest going back to school and learning some reading and comprehension.

No, you've posted about how EJ Manuel is the worst of the worst and how this team would be better if he wasn't on the field, the alternative is Tyrod Taylor who's just as much trash as Manuel. They both suck. it doesn't matter which QB is out on the field because neither is a viable NFL QB. This team is going nowhere with either of them behind center especially when Roman fails to run McCoy 25 times a game and Rex turns a good defense into a putrid mess.

EJ Manuel had a hand in that loss yesterday, as did the defense who allowed an 84 yard TD drive and left a guy wide open at the goal line for a 31 yard TD toss on 2nd and 5, as did a McCoy fumble inside the 5 yard line, as did Gragg who had no one near him decide to stand out of bounds to catch a pass on the first drive, as did Roman's playcalling on the last 3 plays, as did the defense letting TJ Yeldon have his best game as a pro as well as score his first TD.

You point out anyone wins that game by 2 TDs if the QB is someone not named Manuel. This game was lost by plenty of reasons and the sad part is the Jags could have won it in a route if they didn't decide to completely abandon Yeldon after they got 1st and goal at the 1 up 14.

Albany,n.y.
10-26-2015, 10:02 AM
Q: How do you know somebody's a staggeringly idiotic human person?

A: This is the argument they use against EJ Manuel's continued existence in the NFL.

It was a joke, butthead.

Victor7
10-26-2015, 10:36 AM
No, you've posted about how EJ Manuel is the worst of the worst and how this team would be better if he wasn't on the field, the alternative is Tyrod Taylor who's just as much trash as Manuel. They both suck. it doesn't matter which QB is out on the field because neither is a viable NFL QB. This team is going nowhere with either of them behind center especially when Roman fails to run McCoy 25 times a game and Rex turns a good defense into a putrid mess.

EJ Manuel had a hand in that loss yesterday, as did the defense who allowed an 84 yard TD drive and left a guy wide open at the goal line for a 31 yard TD toss on 2nd and 5, as did a McCoy fumble inside the 5 yard line, as did Gragg who had no one near him decide to stand out of bounds to catch a pass on the first drive, as did Roman's playcalling on the last 3 plays, as did the defense letting TJ Yeldon have his best game as a pro as well as score his first TD.

You point out anyone wins that game by 2 TDs if the QB is someone not named Manuel. This game was lost by plenty of reasons and the sad part is the Jags could have won it in a route if they didn't decide to completely abandon Yeldon after they got 1st and goal at the 1 up 14.

This team would be better with EJ off the field. It can't be argued. Its a fact. That is not a Taylor endorsement. Its just a Manuel slam.

Yes, plenty of people had their fair share of blame yesterday. But none bigger than EJ. Him alone is 20 points for the Jags. Mistakes happen, no team has ever played a perfect game. Good teams overcome mistakes. But to overcome 20 points worth of mistakes plus the many more he had ?

Impossible.

WagonCircler
10-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Tyrod Taylor who's just as much trash as Manuel..

No, he isn't. And it's obvious to everyone except EJ sycophants like you.

Tyron Taylor is not good. But EJ's suck can be seen from Pluto. You can be "not good" and still be WAY better than EJ, and that definitely applies to Tyrod.

EJ was the cause of that loss yesterday. You replace him with any second string QB in the NFL and the Bills win.

He is simply not a viable NFL Quarterback, despite your obvious everlasting devotion to him.

gebobs
10-26-2015, 11:27 AM
When was the last time a franchise QB didn't go by a name & used initials?

I'm gonna go with Y.A. Tittle. ;-)

Mr. Pink
10-26-2015, 02:04 PM
No, he isn't. And it's obvious to everyone except EJ sycophants like you.

Tyron Taylor is not good. But EJ's suck can be seen from Pluto. You can be "not good" and still be WAY better than EJ, and that definitely applies to Tyrod.

EJ was the cause of that loss yesterday. You replace him with any second string QB in the NFL and the Bills win.

He is simply not a viable NFL Quarterback, despite your obvious everlasting devotion to him.

Devotion? Are you high?

EJ sucks. Tyrod sucks.

When it comes to NFL QBs, the level of suck doesn't make any difference. If your QB is any bit of suck, you aren't going anywhere. EJ Manuel, Tyrod Taylor, Matt Cassel, Josh Johnson, JP Losman, Trent Edwards, Kelly Holcomb, yadda yadda yadda. All guys who don't belong behind center on Sunday afternoons.

WagonCircler
10-26-2015, 02:18 PM
When it comes to NFL QBs, the level of suck doesn't make any difference. .

Absolute bull****.

Seriously, that's just a world class stupid comment.

Trent Dilfer sucked, but won a Super Bowl by not turning the ball over and letting his Defense win football games.

All we needed was a Trent Dilfer performance on Sunday, and it's game over.

But EJ will never be capable of that.

Tyrod is not a franchise QB by any means. He's roughly at Dilfer level, but with a totally different style. But he sure as hell a safer bet than EJ when it comes to giving games away.

You're not fooling anybody. You keep saying EJ sucks, but then you spend all ****ing day pissing all over people who point out the many specific ways that EJ sucks.

Give it a rest.

feldspar
10-26-2015, 02:40 PM

Wow, I'm trying my hardest not to insult you...just call you a name and leave it at that. But I'll play.

First of all, Tyrod was up against perhaps the best team in the league; meanwhile, EJ was playing against arguably the worst team in the league. If you can't at least acknowledge that much, there is no hope for you. Even if all things were equal, EJ did much, much worse...not even close. There is absolutely zero comparison.

EJ can't read a defense. He can't recognize a blitz. As Rich Gannon said, he makes even the easiest throws seem difficult. He locks onto receivers, broadcasting where he's going with the ball.

Good Lord. He can't tell that linebackers are reading his eyes, spying on him in zone cover packages...hello, pick-six...hello INT. Completely stupid, and he did it on two consecutive drives with those picks. My friends grandma can see a blitz coming on the first 7-points he gave the Jaguars, but not EJ. He stood there completely unaware. Simple screen pass anybody should automatically make...he throws it five-yards away from McCoy. No pressure, nobody near Woods, and EJ one-hops it to him even though it's a short pass to a stationary target.

I'll give him a little credit for sticking in there, but he'd have been pulled out of the game if there was any other option...and I mean ANY other option. Reminded me of John Beck in the Bills/Dolphins game a while back. Just one one the most horrendous displays of "quarterbacking" that I've ever seen in my entire life...during the first 20-minutes EJ was 4-of-12 for 50 yards, with two INTs and a fumble, gifting the Jags defense 14 points and giving the opponent's offense terrific field-position on that last INT while everyone's head was reeling from his incompetence during that stretch. Make no mistake either...ALL of those things were completely Manuel's fault. He should have been picked off in the end zone later.

Looking at Tyrods turnovers in a different game won't change any of that. If Tyrod doesn't succeed as a starter, I can see him having a pretty long career as a backup maybe. I don't ever want to see EJ on the field again for my team, and that's nothing personal...he seems like an OK kid. But he's not an OK quarterback, and I don't think he ever will be.

Mr. Pink
10-26-2015, 02:57 PM
Absolute bull****.

Seriously, that's just a world class stupid comment.

Trent Dilfer sucked, but won a Super Bowl by not turning the ball over and letting his Defense win football games.

All we needed was a Trent Dilfer performance on Sunday, and it's game over.

But EJ will never be capable of that.

Tyrod is not a franchise QB by any means. He's roughly at Dilfer level, but with a totally different style. But he sure as hell a safer bet than EJ when it comes to giving games away.

You're not fooling anybody. You keep saying EJ sucks, but then you spend all ****ing day pissing all over people who point out the many specific ways that EJ sucks.

Give it a rest.

Trent Dilfer didn't suck the year the Ravens won the Superbowl. Tony Banks did. And that's why he was benched and stayed benched. Tyrod Taylor isn't even Tony Banks level. Banks was actually a QB.

Not to mention, you're pointing to something that happened 15 years ago like it's relevant today. You know what wins a Superbowl in today's NFL? Tom Brady. Eli Manning when he's on. Peyton Manning. Drew Brees. Ben Roethlisberger.

All the defense needed to do was stop an 84 yard drive late in the game, and it's game over. It's not like Blake Bortles had a game manager performance himself and they still won. The Jags D was able to stop the Bills 2 minute drill, and they won with some help from some of the most pathetic playcalling ever but still.

I'm not fooling people? FFS, I was blasting KneeJ all over this board before it was the cool thing to do. Just look at my post history.

sdbillsfan2
10-26-2015, 03:03 PM
The video doesn't lie !
Check out @TyDunne's Tweet: https://twitter.com/TyDunne/status/658748111490293760?s=09

gebobs
10-26-2015, 03:03 PM
Not to mention, you're pointing to something that happened 15 years ago like it's relevant today. You know what wins a Superbowl in today's NFL? Tom Brady. Eli Manning when he's on. Peyton Manning. Drew Brees. Ben Roethlisberger.

I think the relevant point is that EJ is unserviceable as a quarterback.

I don't think anyone here with more than half a brain expects Taylor to take us to the Super Bowl or even deep into the playoffs.

Manuel is terrible. Taylor may be a decent backup or even middling starter.

Mr. Pink
10-26-2015, 03:06 PM
Wow, I'm trying my hardest not to insult you...just call you a name and leave it at that. But I'll play.

First of all, Tyrod was up against perhaps the best team in the league; meanwhile, EJ was playing against arguably the worst team in the league. If you can't at least acknowledge that much, there is no hope for you. Even if all things were equal, EJ did much, much worse...not even close. There is absolutely zero comparison.

EJ can't read a defense. He can't recognize a blitz. As Rich Gannon said, he makes even the easiest throws seem difficult. He locks onto receivers, broadcasting where he's going with the ball.

Good Lord. He can't tell that linebackers are reading his eyes, spying on him in zone cover packages...hello, pick-six...hello INT. Completely stupid, and he did it on two consecutive drives with those picks. My friends grandma can see a blitz coming on the first 7-points he gave the Jaguars, but not EJ. He stood there completely unaware. Simple screen pass anybody should automatically make...he throws it five-yards away from McCoy. No pressure, nobody near Woods, and EJ one-hops it to him even though it's a short pass to a stationary target.

I'll give him a little credit for sticking in there, but he'd have been pulled out of the game if there was any other option...and I mean ANY other option. Reminded me of John Beck in the Bills/Dolphins game a while back. Just one one the most horrendous displays of "quarterbacking" that I've ever seen in my entire life...during the first 20-minutes EJ was 4-of-12 for 50 yards, with two INTs and a fumble, gifting the Jags defense 14 points and giving the opponent's offense terrific field-position on that last INT while everyone's head was reeling from his incompetence during that stretch. Make no mistake either...ALL of those things were completely Manuel's fault. He should have been picked off in the end zone later.

Looking at Tyrods turnovers in a different game won't change any of that. If Tyrod doesn't succeed as a starter, I can see him having a pretty long career as a backup maybe. I don't ever want to see EJ on the field again for my team, and that's nothing personal...he seems like an OK kid. But he's not an OK quarterback, and I don't think he ever will be.

Do you know what the difference between the Jags and Pats in yards allowed per game is? I'm guessing not so here it is...9 yards. The Jags are actually better against the run than the Pats are. The Pats are 18th against the pass, the Jags are 22nd.

The Pats aren't some defensive juggernaut so stop pretending that they are to make an excuse. Both of those teams, defensively are middle of the pack average.

And can't read a defense? Tyrod has one read and if it's open he throws it, if it's not open he looks to run the ball.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the relevant point is that EJ is unserviceable as a quarterback.

I don't think anyone here with more than half a brain expects Taylor to take us to the Super Bowl or even deep into the playoffs.

Manuel is terrible. Taylor may be a decent backup or even middling starter.

No QB that's been on this roster since Drew Bledsoe has been serviceable.

feldspar
10-26-2015, 04:17 PM
Do you know what the difference between the Jags and Pats in yards allowed per game is? I'm guessing not so here it is...9 yards. The Jags are actually better against the run than the Pats are. The Pats are 18th against the pass, the Jags are 22nd.

The Pats aren't some defensive juggernaut so stop pretending that they are to make an excuse. Both of those teams, defensively are middle of the pack average.

And can't read a defense? Tyrod has one read and if it's open he throws it, if it's not open he looks to run the ball.

Lol, YOU are accusing ME OF MAKING excuses? Classic. Dumbfounding.

We all know it's about fantasy stats, because football is not a situation sport, right? Yards allowed is the measuring stick? Here's a more revealing stat for you: over the previous six games before facing the Bills, the Jaguars had just three Takeaways. That Right, they forced just three turnovers through six games. Enter EJ Manuel...he GAVE them THREE turnovers in under three minutes, doubling Jax's number of takeaways it took them six games to accumulate. While he was at it, EJ GAVE them two defensive TDs in about 7 seconds, whereas the Jags had none for the season up to that point.

Jacksonville is so bad that they let the Bills take the lead back in this contest, after what EJ did early. We would have won too, were it not for the worst pass interference call I've ever seen followed by the defense allowing a score...but that wasn't the end of the game, either. EJ was NOT GOOD on that last drive, when all we needed was a field goal to tie it. He sucked. He sucks. I don't care if he looks good making a throw or two.

Whatever, though. EJ is the man, right? Only an idiot would prefer him over Taylor...the book is not written on him yet.

feldspar
10-26-2015, 04:47 PM
The video doesn't lie !
Check out @TyDunne's Tweet: https://twitter.com/TyDunne/status/658748111490293760?s=09

He does not see the field.

I heard him in an interview this week where he said that he always thought that it doesn't matter what the defense is doing. That it only matters that they execute on offense. That's all well and good in the pee-wee league, I guess. Not in the pros. It totally matters what the defense is doing because it's your freakin' job to exploit what they are doing...and what they aren't doing. You have to UNDERSTAND what they are doing if you want to beat them consistently. Maybe I misunderstood his comment, but I don't think so.

Mr. Pink
10-26-2015, 04:54 PM
Lol, YOU are accusing ME OF MAKING excuses? Classic. Dumbfounding.

We all know it's about fantasy stats, because football is not a situation sport, right? Yards allowed is the measuring stick? Here's a more revealing stat for you: over the previous six games before facing the Bills, the Jaguars had just three Takeaways. That Right, they forced just three turnovers through six games. Enter EJ Manuel...he GAVE them THREE turnovers in under three minutes, doubling Jax's number of takeaways it took them six games to accumulate. While he was at it, EJ GAVE them two defensive TDs in about 7 seconds, whereas the Jags had none for the season up to that point.

Jacksonville is so bad that they let the Bills take the lead back in this contest, after what EJ did early. We would have won too, were it not for the worst pass interference call I've ever seen followed by the defense allowing a score...but that wasn't the end of the game, either. EJ was NOT GOOD on that last drive, when all we needed was a field goal to tie it. He sucked. He sucks. I don't care if he looks good making a throw or two.

Whatever, though. EJ is the man, right? Only an idiot would prefer him over Taylor...the book is not written on him yet.

And the Pats have 5 takeaways from teams not named the Bills, your point there?

I'd prefer a real QB over the two bums, one who it's now cool to hate on, and another who's the flavor of the week who's equally horrible but not yet cool to hate on. His time will come too.

paladin warrior
10-26-2015, 05:20 PM
E.J is okay . He is not elite QB. . This year is going same playoff . And last year And before again and again . Denver , Pats , Cowboys, Green Bay packer , Colts ,Panthers ,Bengals ,Arizona's and Pittsburgh's .Because they pro elite QB. And talents all coach. Now Jim Kelly and Marv Levy are retired.. Right now Bills don't have anything talent and elite QB. . Need fire Doug Whaley and Russ Brandon . And start over again.

Victor7
10-26-2015, 06:00 PM
The video doesn't lie !

I screamed at my Ipad on that play because I knew EJ would dump instead of throwing to the open TE over the middle. Classic EJ

Don't let Mr. Pink see this. He'll come up with something on Taylor to justify the EJ miss.

feldspar
10-26-2015, 06:30 PM
And the Pats have 5 takeaways from teams not named the Bills, your point there?

I'd prefer a real QB over the two bums, one who it's now cool to hate on, and another who's the flavor of the week who's equally horrible but not yet cool to hate on. His time will come too.

My point is that stats are for ****, but now it seems I'm in an all-out stats brawl. It's stupid, but I'll play.

First of all, the Pats have had their bye-week already, and the Jags haven't. So what we have is the Patriots causing 5 turnovers in 6 games against teams not called the Bills, and you have the Jags causing 3 in 6 games. You do the math and get back to me about that.

But, like I said, this line of reasoning is stupid and shortsighted...looking at the stat sheet like that. You can't look at the box score and see what happened. Look at what REALLY happened.

All EJ's turnovers against the Jags were super-costly and all his fault; meanwhile, two of Tyrod's INTs bounced off his receiver's hands against the Pats, intercepted on deflections...one off Clay's hands, and the other off Sammy's hands in desperation time at the end of the game. The third one was just a horrible panicked decision on a long ball that saw the Pats inside their own 20-yardline after the fact, or thereabouts. Maybe Taylor's passes weren't exactly perfect, but they were close enough to probably catch on two of his INTs...deflections off his receiver's hands at any rate. Again, only one was dumb, but it was really only like a punt of sorts in effect.

All of Manuel's turnovers reflected a lack of awareness of what the **** was going on. First, he gave the other team 14 points in about seven seconds. Then he threw another bone-headed pick while everyone heads were reeling in disbelief, furthering the Jag's momentum and leading to a third Jaguars TD in less than as many minutes.

The Bills were also penalized 17 times against the Patriots, including many, many bad ones. Not to mention that there is a whole different offensive mentality when facing the Pats, no matter how good or bad their defense is...you KNOW you're going to have to put up lots of points because you know they will. On the other hand, if you play the Jags half-ways smart you'll beat those clowns

My point? You're an idiot if you are trying to say that Taylor's game against the Pats was a "carbon copy" of Manuel's game against the Jags. There Just isn't any comparison. I'd tried to be nice and reasonable, but there it is.

feldspar
10-26-2015, 06:33 PM
Rip

feldspar
10-26-2015, 06:47 PM
My point is that stats are for ****, but now it seems I'm in an all-out stats brawl. It's stupid, but I'll play.

First of all, the Pats have had their bye-week already, and the Jags haven't. So what we have is the Patriots causing 5 turnovers in 6 games against teams not called the Bills, and you have the Jags causing 3 in 6 games. You do the math and get back to me about that.

Sorry, that's 5 turnovers in Five games for the Pats besides their Bills game.

So I'll do the math for ya...the Pats have forced twice as many turnovers PER GAME as the Jaguars against teams not called the Bills.

Let's play more games with stats.

Victor7
10-27-2015, 09:44 AM
pwned

Mr. Pink
10-27-2015, 10:09 AM
It has nothing to do with being pwned.

You guys have such an anti-EJ sentiment in your mind anything that could be possibly said will be completely dismissed.

The Pats having an average defense is ignored because the guy behind center threw 3 INTs against them and was sacked 7 times. "Wahhh the passes golden boy threw that were intercepted hit the receivers in the hands" If Clay was 8 feet tall he might have caught the one and Watkins was in triple coverage on his.

Tyrod gets excuses so he can't be blamed for being garbage but EJ Manuel, he's just garbage.

Can't wait to see what excuses pop up in 2 weeks!

IlluminatusUIUC
10-27-2015, 10:17 AM
It has nothing to do with being pwned.

You guys have such an anti-EJ sentiment in your mind anything that could be possibly said will be completely dismissed.

The Pats having an average defense is ignored because the guy behind center threw 3 INTs against them and was sacked 7 times. "Wahhh the passes golden boy threw that were intercepted hit the receivers in the hands" If Clay was 8 feet tall he might have caught the one and Watkins was in triple coverage on his.

Tyrod gets excuses so he can't be blamed for being garbage but EJ Manuel, he's just garbage.

Can't wait to see what excuses pop up in 2 weeks!

They're not excuses, they are refutations of your absurd claim that their performances were equal. Taylor had a horrible performace in a game vs. a much superior team in which the entire Bills roster was self destructing on the field. Manuel had a horrible performance vs. an inferior team, in which he single-handedly threw the game away.

paladin warrior
10-27-2015, 03:23 PM
Damn it !!! Tenn pulled Taylor horse collar .Tenn should have get paid fines or 1 days suspend

paladin warrior
10-27-2015, 03:33 PM
Bills should have won game vs Jaq with Taylor . I am piss off at Tenn pulled a horse collar