PDA

View Full Version : The Rexy Circus continues

justasportsfan
10-25-2015, 08:25 AM
Pegula should save face , fire Rex and bring in Schwartz. I

justasportsfan
10-25-2015, 08:55 AM
Rexy's bills is getting bullied by the worst team in the league.

justasportsfan
10-25-2015, 09:15 AM
Hackett is laughing at David Lee and Roman.

Marrone is laughing at Rex and his DL.

Bill Cody
10-25-2015, 10:37 AM
I think you're right. Rex is not the answer. Schwartz is familiar with the D, had the D playing at a much higher level and he's working for the league, probably could quit and nobody would care. You have a bye coming up. Yeah it's a desperate move but desperate times demand desperate measures. I said 2 weeks ago it was time to panic. You take a beat down from one of the worst teams in the league? It's beyond time to panic. I've seen enough. At 3-4 you're right on the edge of seeing the season go down the drain. Do I think Rex can/will turn it around? Frankly no.

justasportsfan
10-25-2015, 10:42 AM
Rex is not a Headcoach material.

YardRat
10-25-2015, 10:52 AM
Shoulda coulda woulda.

Blame Sexy Rexy all you want, he deserves some of it.
Blame Whaley all you want, he deserves some of it also.

The Pegula's, however, deserve the majority of the blame. They shouldn't have hired Rex. They shouldn't have let Whaley go on a spending spree on fancy toys. The only thing they needed to do was not **** up the defense and special teams, and make a couple of solid moves to improve the talent and coaching on offense and they couldn't handle it. People that don't know jack **** about football shouldn't be allowed to own a team.

chris66
10-25-2015, 10:53 AM
Shoulda coulda woulda.

The Pegula's, however, deserve the majority of the blame. They shouldn't have hired Rex. They shouldn't have let Whaley go on a spending spree on fancy toys. The only thing they needed to do was not **** up the defense and special teams, and make a couple of solid moves to improve the talent and coaching on offense and they couldn't handle it. People that don't know jack **** about football shouldn't be allowed to own a team.
They are new. They will learn

Johnny Bugmenot
10-25-2015, 11:21 AM
I think you're right. Rex is not the answer. Schwartz is familiar with the D, had the D playing at a much higher level and he's working for the league, probably could quit and nobody would care. You have a bye coming up. Yeah it's a desperate move but desperate times demand desperate measures. I said 2 weeks ago it was time to panic. You take a beat down from one of the worst teams in the league? It's beyond time to panic. I've seen enough. At 3-4 you're right on the edge of seeing the season go down the drain. Do I think Rex can/will turn it around? Frankly no.
This is a Ron Rolston moment. Pegula hired the wrong guy, you have another guy working in the league that can come in immediately and stabilize the ship, and the season has been blown.

If Pegula doesn't fire Rex Ryan during the bye, he doesn't care about this team winning.

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 11:22 AM
Shoulda coulda woulda.

Honestly should any Buffalo sports fans be surprised at what's going on with the Bills?

Look at what he's done to the Sabres.

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 11:23 AM
Pegula should save face , fire Rex and bring in Schwartz. I

and more stupidity

ain't gonna happen, nor should it

justasportsfan
10-25-2015, 11:52 AM
and more stupidity

ain't gonna happen, nor should it

You think Rex will ever be a superbowl coach again? I don't and so his firing sooner rather than later SHOULD happen.

mdcas22
10-25-2015, 12:26 PM
You think Rex will ever be a superbowl coach again? I don't and so his firing sooner rather than later SHOULD happen.

never has he been a superbowl head coach. asst yes.

yanklovver
10-25-2015, 12:30 PM
Shoulda coulda woulda.

The Pegula's, however, deserve the majority of the blame. They shouldn't have hired Rex. They shouldn't have let Whaley go on a spending spree on fancy toys. The only thing they needed to do was not **** up the defense and special teams, and make a couple of solid moves to improve the talent and coaching on offense and they couldn't handle it. People that don't know jack **** about football shouldn't be allowed to own a team.you are an ass!.....blaming the pegulas.....they wouldnt even be in buffalo, if it wasnt for them.....They trusted the front office.....blame them....

paladin warrior
10-25-2015, 12:40 PM
Fire Rex and hire very cheap high school head coach

YardRat
10-25-2015, 01:03 PM
you are an ass!.....blaming the pegulas.....they wouldnt even be in buffalo, if it wasnt for them.....They trusted the front office.....blame them....

Horse****, this team wasn't going anywhere regardless of who ended up with. As far as the front office, there were an awful lot of "OHHHH! We hired a coach who's name we know! Love it!!"..."Wheeeee!! We spent millions of dollars on a running back, a wide receiver, a tight end and a fullback!!!" "We all LOOOOOOOVE the new owners with deep pockets, this never would have happened without them!!!"

Don't **** up the defense...hire a real coach, with real offensive assistants...fix the oline, and try like hell to find a QB. This was so easy, it took real effort to **** it up.

justasportsfan
10-25-2015, 02:00 PM
never has he been a superbowl head coach. asst yes.

My bad. I Doubt he can get the bills to the AFC championship.

justasportsfan
10-25-2015, 02:20 PM
and just like that. The bills are back in last place in the AFCE,

The dolphins are playing better once they fired Philbin. We could play better without MR. Loudmouth.

kingJofNYC
10-25-2015, 02:34 PM
Shoulda coulda woulda.

You think Bob Kraft knew a ton about football before buying the Pats? I don't care if he was a season ticket holder since '71, Kraft didn't know how to run a team. He knew how to run a company, and he was a Pats fan. What makes Kraft a great owner is that he made great hires, and let the football people do football, nothing else. The Pegulas came in, and didn't change a thing outside of the headcoach. What's funnier is that the headcoach wasn't going to be fired, he bolted, so they had to make a decision out of nowhere. They've kept everyone from the last regime, no changes outside of the headcoach, which again, was a forced decision.

It's a long road unfortunately, look how long it took them to figure **** out with the Sabres. Hopefully they've learned from their mistakes. Starts with hiring the right people. As long as they keep an open mind, then they'll figure it out sooner or later.

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 02:55 PM
Horse****, this team wasn't going anywhere regardless of who ended up with. As far as the front office, there were an awful lot of "OHHHH! We hired a coach who's name we know! Love it!!"..."Wheeeee!! We spent millions of dollars on a running back, a wide receiver, a tight end and a fullback!!!" "We all LOOOOOOOVE the new owners with deep pockets, this never would have happened without them!!!"

Don't **** up the defense...hire a real coach, with real offensive assistants...fix the oline, and try like hell to find a QB. This was so easy, it took real effort to **** it up.

I am surprised by this coming from someone who is usually reasonable and thoughful. OK, I get you don't think Rex is a "real" coach. I mean, he only took a team two straight years to the AFC championship with Mark Sanchez, but I digress. Offensive assistants? So, Roman who was thought of as head coaching material isn't a good offensive assistant? Fix the oline and try to find a QB. They traded for Matt Cassel who didn't look like much more than Kyle Orten last year. And then they brought in Tyrod Taylor who hasn't been that bad. Who should we have gotten? They brought in Incognito who seems to be our best O-lineman. But this is supposed to be the "easy" part? Just picking up guys off the street and they can make the team better? It took effort to F what up?

BrianCarr
10-25-2015, 03:04 PM
Wow. New Coach, new Team and 7 games in some of you want the coach fired?

America, land of the reactionary, home of the quitter.

"I'm glad don't play on my team"~Marv Levy

justasportsfan
10-25-2015, 03:16 PM
I

team is moving backwards. Losing to the freaking jags?

Wanna wait for 5 years?
Do you see this team making superbowl? I don't think Whaley can put a better line up than he already has especially on D .

I don't think Rex has what it takes even with an all pro line-up.

BrianCarr
10-25-2015, 03:36 PM
I

team is moving backwards. Losing to the freaking jags?

Wanna wait for 5 years?
Do you see this team making superbowl? I don't think Whaley can put a better line up than he already has especially on D .

I don't think Rex has what it takes even with an all pro line-up.I'm at the point where I don't care anymore, Justa. I watch other games and I see the same BS that goes on with the Bills. The game is way over officiated and officiated badly. It's almost unwatchable. I never thought I'd say this because I saw my first game in 1963, but the league has beat my enthusiasm out of me. I'd rather watch college ball.

ckg927
10-25-2015, 03:41 PM

I'd rather see EJ get his walking papers rather than Rex.

justasportsfan
10-25-2015, 03:50 PM
I'm at the point where I don't care anymore, Justa. I watch other games and I see the same BS that goes on with the Bills. The game is way over officiated and officiated badly. It's almost unwatchable. I never thought I'd say this because I saw my first game in 1963, but the league has beat my enthusiasm out of me. I'd rather watch college ball.

I still care but it's getting old. New owner and we still can't find a qb and Headcoach to replace Kelly and Marv. I know it's early to want Rex gone but why bother keeping him if there's a huge chance we'll never make sb with him. The road to the sb is through NE and he'll never outcoach BB. Even with better talent.

Cleve
10-25-2015, 03:52 PM
lame. They shouldn't have hired Rex. They shouldn't have let Whaley go on a spending spree on fancy toys. The only thing they needed to do was not **** up the defense and special teams, and make a couple of solid moves to improve the talent and coaching on offense and they couldn't handle it. People that don't know jack **** about football shouldn't be allowed to own a team.

They apparently didn't learn their lesson from the Sabres' purchase - they made a huge mistake in keeping Darcy Regier; and the Sabres are still recovering from that mistake.

Similarly, they should have cleaned house when they took over the Bills, but instead kept a lot of baggage from the failed and bumbling Wilson Regime.

Also, unlike Bob Kraft, I believe the Pegulas DO frequently involve themselves in team operations; I can recall the Sabres' posting videos of committee meetings with the Pegulas, Darcy Regier, and other Sabres' operations personnel; Terry Pegula has stated in the past he likes running things by committee. I don't think someone like Bill Belichick would ever work for Terry Pegula as he would demand more autonomy than the Pegulas are willing to grant.

YardRat
10-26-2015, 04:52 AM
I am surprised by this coming from someone who is usually reasonable and thoughful. OK, I get you don't think Rex is a "real" coach. I mean, he only took a team two straight years to the AFC championship with Mark Sanchez, but I digress. Offensive assistants? So, Roman who was thought of as head coaching material isn't a good offensive assistant? Fix the oline and try to find a QB. They traded for Matt Cassel who didn't look like much more than Kyle Orten last year. And then they brought in Tyrod Taylor who hasn't been that bad. Who should we have gotten? They brought in Incognito who seems to be our best O-lineman. But this is supposed to be the "easy" part? Just picking up guys off the street and they can make the team better? It took effort to F what up?

Thanks, but I was super-pissed after the loss yesterday, and it's compounded by the fact that where the team is right now shouldn't really be a surprise to anybody. Last year's team finally gave fans something to root for, finally established some progress in a positive direction, and finally raised expectations for the following season and all of that was blown to hell by hiring a carnival barker instead of a head coach. Yes, Rex went to two straight AFC championships, mostly with a team he inherited and a rookie QB he had the benefit of being able to protect. His overall 'resume', however, is a downward trend. He didn't build a winner, he destroyed one.

Roman was a good hire...that should have been allowed to choose his own staff, not get Rex's cronies shoved down his throat. That's an issue.

Could the oline be better if more effort was put into it? Probably...maybe not...throwing millions and millions of dollars at skill positions while signing one cheap, risky free agent and using one draft pick to try to address what was one of the top two glaring weaknesses on the team last season isn't good enough...that is being demonstrated as we speak every Sunday. One draft pick on an olineman, and even after breaking the bank on free agent offensive skill positions they still used three on the same positions.

QB is more difficult, even I have pointed out several times over the off-season that there wasn't much out there to pick from, but one has to at least take a chance with one draft pick, even in down-talent seasons, and hope you hit. The two biggest weaknesses on a team on the rise last season, and exactly one draft pick was used to try to address to either.

chernobylwraiths
10-26-2015, 05:18 AM
Thanks, but I was super-pissed after the loss yesterday, and it's compounded by the fact that where the team is right now shouldn't really be a surprise to anybody. Last year's team finally gave fans something to root for, finally established some progress in a positive direction, and finally raised expectations for the following season and all of that was blown to hell by hiring a carnival barker instead of a head coach. Yes, Rex went to two straight AFC championships, mostly with a team he inherited and a rookie QB he had the benefit of being able to protect. His overall 'resume', however, is a downward trend. He didn't build a winner, he destroyed one.

Roman was a good hire...that should have been allowed to choose his own staff, not get Rex's cronies shoved down his throat. That's an issue.

Could the oline be better if more effort was put into it? Probably...maybe not...throwing millions and millions of dollars at skill positions while signing one cheap, risky free agent and using one draft pick to try to address what was one of the top two glaring weaknesses on the team last season isn't good enough...that is being demonstrated as we speak every Sunday. One draft pick on an olineman, and even after breaking the bank on free agent offensive skill positions they still used three on the same positions.

QB is more difficult, even I have pointed out several times over the off-season that there wasn't much out there to pick from, but one has to at least take a chance with one draft pick, even in down-talent seasons, and hope you hit. The two biggest weaknesses on a team on the rise last season, and exactly one draft pick was used to try to address to either.

I certainly can understand your frustration. I share it in most ways.

Again, I have red white and royal blue colored glasses, so I usually have a hard time distinguishing failings in my team. So, when obvious penalties that should not be called ARE called and at VERY critical times in the game, it is hard not to point to those as contributing to these losses. But make no mistake, the officials call did NOT lose this game, and I never claimed it did. I just said it was a critical bad call at a critical time and contributed to the loss. This game was lost by EJ almost by himself. Whaley has a little bit to do with it too.

I can also agree that they did not do a lot to address O-line and QB. That is on Whaley mostly. For several years they wouldn't draft or bring in a QB worth a damn. Kevin Kolb was the best they could do? Kyle Orton, Matt Cassel all the crappy guys they brought in. Hell, they SHOULD have kept Fitzpatrick. I still think he is better than anyone they have had with the exception of maybe Taylor, because we haven't seen what he can do with a full season. I wasn't totally against the Watkins trade, but if they do anything like that again, it better be to trade up to get a QB.

I'm willing to see what Rex can do for at least 2 years. Anybody needs that much time to see what they can do, but I am beginning to think that Revis has a bit to do with his success. Our corners are pretty good though, if we can get a good safety that can stay healthy, I think this defense is good enough. We have to wait and see about the line and QB.

And throwing draft picks at random QBs in the hope of getting someone special isn't always the way to go. If you are looking for the next Russel Wilson, I think we already have him in Taylor. He just doens't have the cast around him that Wilson has. But I believe you are right and they should have done a little more to address those positions over the last few years.

GreedoII
10-26-2015, 05:29 AM
Russ Brandon is a huge problem. Always has been. He has slithered his way into both teams now....putting lipstick on a pig for 15 yrs...

Cleve
10-26-2015, 05:35 AM
Russ Brandon is a huge problem. Always has been. He has slithered his way into both teams now....putting lipstick on a pig for 15 yrs...

Nope, he's completely innocent of any responsibility for the failures of the Buffalo Bills - even though he helped select and hire many of the personnel that helped drag the franchise down the toilet. Apparently he's single-handedly responsible for the Bills being popular in WNY - even though they were immensely popular and had a huge, loyal fanbase prior to his joining the organization - he's a "marketing genius" don't you know? LOL

trapezeus
10-26-2015, 08:26 AM
i've been a pegula supporter and love what they've done for the city. but the keeping of brandon in operations for both teams is insane. It proves to the players that no matter how bad your track record is, if you don't perform, you might still get to stay.

i also want to see rex do well, but it does seem that he is not made to handle all the complexity that comes with being a HC. If he wasn't a ryan with a famous football parent, he might be done.

Discotrish
10-26-2015, 08:39 AM
As I was watching yesterday trying to take my mind off the action on the field, it occurred to me that Rex Ryan resembles the Pope.

http://b.smimg.net/15/03/300x225/rex-ryan-buffalo-bills.jpg

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/pope_francis-300x3005.jpg

Patti

Johnny Bugmenot
10-26-2015, 05:10 PM
They apparently didn't learn their lesson from the Sabres' purchase - they made a huge mistake in keeping Darcy Regier; and the Sabres are still recovering from that mistake.

Similarly, they should have cleaned house when they took over the Bills, but instead kept a lot of baggage from the failed and bumbling Wilson Regime.

Also, unlike Bob Kraft, I believe the Pegulas DO frequently involve themselves in team operations; I can recall the Sabres' posting videos of committee meetings with the Pegulas, Darcy Regier, and other Sabres' operations personnel; Terry Pegula has stated in the past he likes running things by committee. I don't think someone like Bill Belichick would ever work for Terry Pegula as he would demand more autonomy than the Pegulas are willing to grant.

There is one difference. Pegula loves hockey with a passion. That's why he bought the Sabres. He bought the Bills out of civic duty and as an investment opportunity. He would, in theory, have more desire to meddle in the Sabres because that's what he knows. With the Bills, he would be more inclined to trust others as he doesn't follow the sport as closely.

GreedoII
10-27-2015, 06:43 AM
There is one difference. Pegula loves hockey with a passion. That's why he bought the Sabres. He bought the Bills out of civic duty and as an investment opportunity. He would, in theory, have more desire to meddle in the Sabres because that's what he knows. With the Bills, he would be more inclined to trust others as he doesn't follow the sport as closely.

So Pegula is the Tom Golosano of the Bills? But actually spends...

Cleve
10-27-2015, 08:48 AM
the keeping of brandon in operations for both teams is insane. It proves to the players that no matter how bad your track record is, if you don't perform, you might still get to stay.

Not just stay, but handsomely rewarded for incompetence. It seemed like the worse the Bills' on field product got, the more promotions Ralph Wilson lavished on Brandon - a terrible message to send the team.

I used to blame that on Wilson's mental faculties and mental clarity in clear and obvious decline, but what the heck is Pegula's excuse? Brandon has ZILCH to do with the Sabres before - and now Pegula has promoted him to being President of the Sabres.