PDA

View Full Version : Doug Whaley Needs to Be Fired

Typ0
10-25-2015, 09:23 AM
Dear Mr. Pegula:

Don't give Mr. Whaley an opportunity to do this to us again. The team would have a much better chance at a playoff run without his stubborn arrogant ass as the GM. Make it so.

Typ0

swiper
10-25-2015, 09:35 AM
Doug Whaley -

Has the Bills as the only NFL team paying 2 defensive linemen over $100 million apiece.

Has the Bills as the only NFL team wasting a roster spot on a second kicker. Then...

says this week that he has not given a second thought to trading away Matt Cassel.

He who drafted EJ Manuel.

He stinks as a GM.

Typ0
10-25-2015, 09:48 AM
Now your star RB is hurt because he's trying to carry your sorry ass QB....

YardRat
10-25-2015, 10:43 AM
Rex Ryan and his clown car full of **** coaches can go too.

justasportsfan
10-25-2015, 10:44 AM
Whaley did well in bringing in players. He sucks in choosing coaches

paladin warrior
10-25-2015, 10:57 AM
Yes I agree .I told u guys about last year . need fire GM D.Whaley

DynaPaul
10-25-2015, 05:51 PM
I think he's hit on some gems but drafting EJ has been a huge stain on his rep. Standing behind the pick has made it worse.

WagonCircler
10-25-2015, 06:32 PM
Standing behind the pick has made it worse.

This is grounds for dismissal. He stubbornly compounded the original error many times over.

As a GM, you get to guess wrong on a guy.

You don't get to guess wrong on the same guy 3 or 4 times.

BillsImpossible
10-25-2015, 06:41 PM
Knee jerk reactions all over the joint.

Turf
10-25-2015, 06:53 PM
Russ Brandon is like a negative crystal. He needs to get the hell out of all Buffalo sports.

BillsImpossible
10-25-2015, 07:02 PM
Russ Brandon is like a negative crystal. He needs to get the hell out of all Buffalo sports.

Any man that knows how to turn a turd in to crystal for 15 years straight is a genius.

The man literally craps season ticket diamonds.

Why do some people blame the loss today on everyone except EJ Manuel?

Turf
10-25-2015, 07:05 PM
Any man that knows how to turn a turd in to crystal for 15 years straight is a genius.

The man literally craps season ticket diamonds.

Why do some people blame the loss today on everyone except EJ Manuel?

WTF are you talking about. Who's doing that? Everyone knows EJ sucks.

Typ0
10-25-2015, 07:14 PM
Whaley is the reason EJ is on the field. I will bet you everything I own Marrone's tirade during practice last year was because he was being forced to work with Manuel. This year Whaley found a way to force Manuel onto the field. Screw this the guy has blown it.

Uncle Jesse
10-25-2015, 07:31 PM
I disagree. He's put a lot of talent on this team and found a decent QB. However, we are so depleted in injuries, what do you expect right now? You can't have really good backups at every single position.

If healthy, Whaley has put together a nice roster. We may see it again finally in two weeks.

Mace
10-25-2015, 07:33 PM
I think he's hit on some gems but drafting EJ has been a huge stain on his rep. Standing behind the pick has made it worse.

Like what gems ? Shady, Watkins, Manuel, Harvin, Kouandjio, Henderson, Felton, Clay, Cassel, Karlos, Darby, Bryce Brown, Tyrod Taylor and company aren't really leading us to glory.

sahlensguy
10-25-2015, 07:44 PM
Two first round picks for Sammy. You can't make this stuff up.

trapezeus
10-25-2015, 08:11 PM
It is a bye week after a terrible loss with your marquee picks out on injury and giving up 14 points and playing horrible

you have to do something and the trade deadline is past (is that correct?). You need to do something and Whaley had some hits but he has a lot of bad fuzz recently. Pegulas aren't going to bail on Rex. They can walk from the guy they inherited though

if it's going to happen, it makes sense to move sooner than later. Chat with polian again now that he's in HOF. More as an adviser on how to structure it back up. Just keep his son out of it.

starrymessenger
10-26-2015, 06:59 AM

And a fourth, if memory serves. And the Sammy debacle is one of several disasters stemming from the collosal and ongoing EJ mess. He wanted Sammy because he figured in the short passing game with lots of YAC at Clemson. Just what you need to prop up a QB who can't make NFL throws with any reliability.

Typ0
10-26-2015, 09:07 AM
And a fourth, if memory serves. And the Sammy debacle is one of several disasters stemming from the collosal and ongoing EJ mess. He wanted Sammy because he figured in the short passing game with lots of YAC at Clemson. Just what you need to prop up a QB who can't make NFL throws with any reliability.

Exactly.

Typ0
10-26-2015, 09:09 AM
Bottom Line: Whaley was bred into the myopic good old boys mentality of the Ralph Wilson Bills. The sooner he goes somewhere else the better it will be for the organization. Nothing against Whaley either but he's caught up in it and needs a chance of scenery to grow.

Victor7
10-26-2015, 09:18 AM

Standing behind it is what pisses me off the most.

He never should've drafted him. But ok, whatever you ****ed it up. I get it, it happens. But the sequence of events that have happened since where he's clearly trying to support his decision is worst than the pick itself. He can't admit it and move on.

He's good at picking defensive players. We have talent on that side. But on offense ?? He pan't pick ONE good player. Except of course overpaying for one like he did with SW.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-26-2015, 09:30 AM
This board is in full meltdown mode.

Typ0
10-26-2015, 09:39 AM
This board is in full meltdown mode.

No the team is in meltdown mode ....

IlluminatusUIUC
10-26-2015, 10:05 AM
No the team is in meltdown mode ....

The team is 3-4 and but for EJ Manuel would be 4-3. For that we've got people insisting we fire the GM, fire the coach, and cut the backup QB. By Tuesday they'll be calling for the coordinators and the two starting wideouts and by Wednesday someone will probably suggest that we burn the Ralph down.

I'm pissed that we lost the game, but we're one game off where I predicted we'd be and most of the teams we needed to lose yesterday wound up losing. Our AFC competition is going to start playing each other more, and we could end Week 9 in a tie for the #6 seed with 8 games to play.

DesertFox24
10-26-2015, 11:21 AM
I am still trying to figure out what firing Whaley will accomplish. Cassal threw 3 picks as well yesterday so maybe we win the game because he does not hand the jags 14 def points, but he could not make that throw to Easley.

Look EJ is garbage and needs to go or be cut this offseason or next preseason. The Bills need to draft a first or second round QB and develop them and let Tyrod play next year while the new guy develops. If Tyrod becomes the guy great, after three years we can trade the QB for something, but if Tyrod does not become the guy at least we can start the development process on a new guy because EJ is not that guy.

i think a lot of people are mad for the same reason I am mad we want to make the playoffs and stop hearing about the drought and being the laughing stocks of the league because of it. Had we made the playoffs 8 years ago i doubt anyone here would be upset with this season so far. We have a whole new coaching staff new QB and they need to learn the system. Hopefully Roman is here next year and we can hopefully have some continuity for once in this organization.

AGAIN the reason we are all mad is we just want to get to the playoffs to stop the drought that is it.

BuffaloRedleg
10-26-2015, 12:51 PM
Do we receive a QB in exchange for firing him?

Then I don't care.

This game is about how lucky you are with picking QBs. He should be held accountable for not doing so, but I am under no delusion like some of you that firing him will be some sort of panacea to our problems.

This is about accountability for failure, not about future results. I actually think he is as good as 80% of the GMs out there, which is to say most of them aren't lucky enough to have had a QB fall into their lap.

Jimkelly12203
10-26-2015, 01:03 PM
Doug Whaley -

Has the Bills as the only NFL team paying 2 defensive linemen over $100 million apiece.

Has the Bills as the only NFL team wasting a roster spot on a second kicker. Then...

says this week that he has not given a second thought to trading away Matt Cassel.

He who drafted EJ Manuel.

He stinks as a GM.
He also (1) was part of the front office that insisted on drafting a QB the same year that none of any value were available and (2) brilliantly spent two first round picks on Sammy Glass-Legs Watkins despite it being the deepest WR draft in ages. He's not a good GM.

trapezeus
10-26-2015, 01:35 PM
his is skilled at getting defensive players. but his O'line and his gambles (every gm has to do this at some point) have failed. and he's viewed as a legacy wilson hire.

if the team is going to make a mmove to save face, you have to do it now.

i can also see backing him and saying, "we've certainly had much worse and will give him another shot" the problem with that for ownership is that his failures will be viewed as their failures if he fails in a second rebuild.

WagonCircler
10-26-2015, 02:21 PM
Do we receive a QB in exchange for firing him?.

In essence, ABSOLUTELY.

If he stays around, he refuses to draft or acquire a QB. And if Pegula orders him to find one, he'll just look for a clone of EJ.

He's MISERABLE at evaluating offensive talent. So you keep him around to continue ****ing things up?

Seriously?

coastal
10-26-2015, 02:24 PM
Just another item on the butcher's bill from the last 15+ years.

BuffaloRedleg
10-26-2015, 03:14 PM
In essence, ABSOLUTELY.

If he stays around, he refuses to draft or acquire a QB. And if Pegula orders him to find one, he'll just look for a clone of EJ.

He's MISERABLE at evaluating offensive talent. So you keep him around to continue ****ing things up?

Seriously?

What makes you think he will refuse to draft a QB?

I think he's shown that he will draft a QB. Unfortunately, the year he chose was the worst year for QBs in NFL history.

Sorry man I'm just not with you on this being a fix.

It's better, but it isn't a fix.

The NFL is ****ing broken.

paladin warrior
10-26-2015, 05:34 PM
Which one is better . Sammy W or Mike Evans .

Typ0
10-26-2015, 05:40 PM
I am still trying to figure out what firing Whaley will accomplish. Cassal threw 3 picks as well yesterday so maybe we win the game because he does not hand the jags 14 def points, but he could not make that throw to Easley.

Cassel threw 3 picks on a team he's been with for weeks. He was here at the start of camp. Big difference on his ability to understand what is going on. And Cassel was moved off this team so Manuel would get a chance to play. It's the coaches job to be positive with the players. It's the GMs job to step in and increase the talent on the team. QB is the most important position on the field. Whaley didn't find Tyrod Taylor Ryan did. Manual was going to be odd man out for a reason ... because that's where he belonged. Whaley wouldn't have it and yesterday we got our results.

Whaley is the perpetuator of Ralph Wilson's team culture. It is not team. The sooner he is gone the sooner that will change.

BillsImpossible
10-26-2015, 06:07 PM
EJ Manuel needs to be fired.

YardRat
10-26-2015, 06:21 PM
I've been a little bit of an apologist for Whaley in the past...he has done a pretty good job of upgrading the roster to a certain point, especially the defense. He's aggressive and swings for the fences, and I can forgive him for some strikeouts now and then. I (unlike some) even give him some slack for the moves that others believe are his most egregious and fire-able 'mistakes' (drafting EJ, doubling down on Sammy). Really, prior to this off season the only valid (in my opinion) criticism that I've held against him is his basic philosophy of "It's my job to get the players, and the coaches to figure out how to use them on Sundays". That concept in a 'team' environment is just so foreign to me (although Nix said the same thing).

That being said, this past 10 months has really made me do a 180 on him. The wasted draft picks traded for players (not just Watkins, but Brown, MWilliams, Cassel) with zero return are starting to mount up...having a hand in taking a team that was already dominant in two phases of the game (defense and special teams) and instead of building from that bringing in a bozo to start everything from scratch (mind-boggling)...going on a drunken spending spree on offensive weapons and treating the oline like a very low priority...'going rogue' with the roster (cutting Freddie, trading Cassel, only god knows what else). He's a really good evaluator of talent in spots (defense), a little weak in others, maybe, but the fact that we were thisclose to being a really competitive team at the end of last season and here we sit once again under-achieving with an increasing probability of missing the playoffs yet again looming larger as every week goes by in the season is just too much.

If the disconnect between Rex and Whaley has any truth to it at all, somebody has to go, and it's a pretty good bet it's not going to be the carnival barker in year one of a 5yr, $27million contract. It's far more likely that holdover Whaley and the team parts ways, and Rex gets a new guy to work with (read:tear down the current roster and acquire his type guys (read2.0: another rebuild)) and once again fans will be stuck with waiting for next year, hoping this is finally the season the team becomes relevant again.

I didn't get too fired up during the 70's and 80's when a Super Bowl appearance seemed like a pipe dream, I just kind of took it for granted that eventually we would probably get 'there'. I didn't fret too much after the Glory Team went into decline...again, it wasn't hard to fathom that we got there at one time, eventually we will again. But we haven't...and it's been 15 years since we've even had a legit chance at attempting to get a big game. Goddammit, I'm getting too old for this ****, and when the team finally gets to a level of 'good' (like last season) I want them to be better the next, not ****ing worse.

Mike
10-27-2015, 04:24 AM
The team is 3-4 and but for EJ Manuel would be 4-3. For that we've got people insisting we fire the GM, fire the coach, and cut the backup QB. By Tuesday they'll be calling for the coordinators and the two starting wideouts and by Wednesday someone will probably suggest that we burn the Ralph down.

I'm pissed that we lost the game, but we're one game off where I predicted we'd be and most of the teams we needed to lose yesterday wound up losing. Our AFC competition is going to start playing each other more, and we could end Week 9 in a tie for the #6 seed with 8 games to play.

The real problem is that the fans thought they had a contender and instead they have a pretender...

And not just any pretender, a talented, undisciplined, loud mouth, graceless, spineless pretender. The type of pretended you love to hate... Except it's your 'pretender' so you still gotta support them.

sdbillsfan2
10-27-2015, 04:39 AM
For years the glaring weakness' of this team has been Qb and the Oline. Here we are now in the same position . No Qb and piss poor o line play. Nobodys fault but Doug ( just call me Elmo ) Whaley.
No playoff yet again is reason for dismissal.