PDA

View Full Version : Rough off-season plan

X-Era
10-25-2015, 11:10 AM
Coaching:

I want Rex gone. He as the remainder of this year to show he can properly call a game (or make Thurman and Roman do so), negate penalties, and use his playoff caliber roster properly or I want him gone. If he's canned we won't be getting anyone with a legit NFL pedigree so at that point it may be a bit of a crap shoot.

Off-season:

Release:

EJ Manuel- His dead cap is the same as his cap hit so it doesn't hurt us at all to cut him. He is definitely not worth 2.8 mill in cap room. He needs to be pushing shopping carts somewhere. I want to free up his roster spot for a prospect.

Leodis McKelvin- Save us 3.9 mill. I'd like another young CB.

Restructure:

Mario Williams- Cap hit of 19.9 needs to drastically change. I want it at 10 at the most. Get back 10 mill in cap room
Charles Clay- at 13mill cap hit I think it may already be planned to get it down to more like 7 or 8. Get back 5 mill
Kyle Williams- Probably needs to take a pay cut and restructure. I'd do the other two first and maybe this isn't needed but if we could get his hit down from 8 to like 5 it'd be ideal.

We could get between 18.9 and 21.9 mill in room from these changes

Re-sign:
Richie Incognito- 4-5 mill per in cap hit
Cordy Glenn- He'll never be a pro-bowl LT but offer him average LT pay and if he walks fine. 6-7 mill

Spent 12 mill. Leaves 6.9 to 9.9

Sign:
Depends

Draft:

I'd like a play maker at OLB, An OT, QB but not necessarily in the 1st, CB, WR, and the CB or WR to be a returner.

sudzy
10-25-2015, 11:13 AM
EJ Manuel- His dead cap is the same as his cap hit so it doesn't hurt us at all to cut him. He is definitely not worth 2.8 mill in cap room. He needs to be pushing shopping carts somewhere. I want to free up his roster spot for a prospect.

This is funny coming from one of EJ's biggest supporters.

X-Era
10-25-2015, 11:14 AM
This is funny coming from one of EJ's biggest supporters.
You must have me confused with someone else.

Famous Amos
10-25-2015, 11:14 AM
What about Whaley, do you want to keep him?
I can't agree with Glenn. He seems to get worse and worse.
I also think they should release or get rid of Eric Wood. He just isn't the same. Probably should just blow up the whole o line while keeping Incognito.

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 11:15 AM
The offseason plan has to be to get a QB, whatever means necessary.

Maybe this team can actually benefit for a season or two with having this defense that's playoff caliber.

X-Era
10-25-2015, 11:18 AM
What about Whaley, do you want to keep him?
I can't agree with Glenn. He seems to get worse and worse.
I also think they should release or get rid of Eric Wood. He just isn't the same. Probably should just blow up the whole o line while keeping Incognito.Whaley provided a playoff caliber roster IMO. What they do on the field is not on Whaley.

Crisis
10-25-2015, 11:18 AM
Rex is getting at least two years here unfortunately. Probably three.

X-Era
10-25-2015, 11:20 AM
Rex is getting at least two years here unfortunately. Probably three.Unfortunately I agree. He needs to fire Dennis Thurman and get someone at the Schwartz or Pettine caliber and he needs to demand that Roman use his players properly.

But the biggest thing that Rex needs to do is fix himself. Stop the overhyped BS, figure out how to motivate yet demand consistent sound play.

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 11:22 AM
might as well just say they need to get a new owner. Rex isn't going anywhere. Not that some of the problems aren't of his own doing, but without Tyrod, this team is dead in the water. EJ is horrible.

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 11:23 AM
might as well just say they need to get a new owner. Rex isn't going anywhere. Not that some of the problems aren't of his own doing, but without Tyrod, this team is dead in the water. EJ is horrible.

Unfortunately Buffalo sports fans are stuck with Pegula in both of their sports and both of those teams will be laughingstocks for years to come.

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 11:30 AM
Unfortunately Buffalo sports fans are stuck with Pegula in both of their sports and both of those teams will be laughingstocks for years to come.

Only idiots think that way.

And I wish they would find new teams.

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 11:36 AM
Only idiots think that way.

And I wish they would find new teams.

Only idiots?

Do you just have blinders on to the state of both franchises?

Both teams have underachieving retread coaches that lack the most important player of the franchise on the field/ice.

Who needs a goalie? Who needs a QB? Who needs a coach that's not a chump? Not the Pegulas!

BertSquirtgum
10-25-2015, 11:38 AM
Off season plan. Fire Rex Ryan and hire Jim Schwartz like they should have originally done.

yanklovver
10-25-2015, 12:44 PM
Unfortunately Buffalo sports fans are stuck with Pegula in both of their sports and both of those teams will be laughingstocks for years to come.wow, you are seriously a very annoying so called buffalo fan....and your comments are just stupid!

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 12:49 PM
wow, you are seriously a very annoying so called buffalo fan....and your comments are just stupid!

Give it another year or 2 and let me know how stupid they are.

The Bills in Y2 under Pegula are regressing and the Sabres under Pegula are downright terrible and looking at another 25-30 win season.

So the Bills will be mediocre and spin their wheels as per status quo and the Sabres are bottomfeeders as per usual.

What else do these franchises have in common? They don't give two craps to fill the most important spot on the roster.

Crisis
10-25-2015, 12:55 PM
Only idiots?

Do you just have blinders on to the state of both franchises?

Both teams have underachieving retread coaches that lack the most important player of the franchise on the field/ice.

Who needs a goalie? Who needs a QB? Who needs a coach that's not a chump? Not the Pegulas!

The Sabres will be fine. Once Lehner is back they can evaluate if he's the guy or not and then acquire a goalie with some assets. There's no point in them panicking right now and trading for one right now. They're not as bad as their record says right now (certainly not a good team but they're extremely snakebitten right now and have had awful goaltending)

I have almost no hope for the Bills though, we're tied into this current group of players/coaches and it doesn't look like this core will go anywhere.

YardRat
10-25-2015, 12:55 PM
Maybe this team can actually benefit for a season or two with having this defense that's playoff caliber.

That ship sailed as soon as they let Schwartz walk and hired Ryan.

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 12:57 PM
That ship sailed as soon as they let Schwartz walk and hired Ryan.

Unfortunately you might be right about that one.

YardRat
10-25-2015, 01:17 PM
Face it, this team is ****ed for at least the next two seasons.

justasportsfan
10-25-2015, 02:31 PM
Unfortunately I agree. He needs to fire Dennis Thurman and get someone at the Schwartz or Pettine caliber and he needs to demand that Roman use his players properly.

But the biggest thing that Rex needs to do is fix himself. Stop the overhyped BS, figure out how to motivate yet demand consistent sound play.
Ha! No way he fires Thurman and hires Schwartz. That would be admitting he himself is clueless. Besides, Loudmouth is loyal to a fault.

X-Era
10-25-2015, 04:37 PM
Ha! No way he fires Thurman and hires Schwartz. That would be admitting he himself is clueless. Besides, Loudmouth is loyal to a fault.
I was saying someone at that caliber. Schwartz would never come back.

DraftBoy
10-25-2015, 04:47 PM
I think people are forgetting that Ryan did offer Schwartz a chance to stay with the team, which he declined.

Now what we don't know is under what circumstances did offer Rex offer to let Schwartz stay.

In the end though Schwartz left by his own decision, not because he was forced out.