PDA

View Full Version : and another key phantom penalty helps kill the Bills

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 11:18 AM
gets kind of hard to put it behind you when that stuff happens weekly.

Historian
10-25-2015, 11:21 AM
Yep

IlluminatusUIUC
10-25-2015, 11:22 AM
A team that coughs up 4 turnovers doesn't get to blame the refs. Especially when the refs' judgment kept it from being 5.

Cleve
10-25-2015, 11:23 AM
Sloppy heavily penalized teams get closer scrutiny than good teams. I would put more blame on poor coaching and poor playing that lets a terrible team stay in the game for the win. That's just inexcusable.

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 11:24 AM
Watch other games.

The refs do this crap in every game.

Good teams overcome it, bad teams wither and blame it.

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 11:25 AM
A team that coughs up 4 turnovers doesn't get to blame the refs. Especially when the refs' judgment kept it from being 5.

If that was a Bills defender trying to rip the ball out, he would have been guilty of a personal foul.

By the way, I have never heard of an illegal pealback block.

Oh, I said "helps" not was the main reason. Defense mostly did what it needed to. This loss is almost entirely on EJ. and a little on Whaley

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 11:26 AM
Watch other games.

The refs do this crap in every game.

Good teams overcome it, bad teams wither and blame it.

I like to listen to intelligent people, please don't muddy up my thread with your ignorance.

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 11:28 AM
Sloppy heavily penalized teams get closer scrutiny than good teams. I would put more blame on poor coaching and poor playing that lets a terrible team stay in the game for the win. That's just inexcusable.

So, that was a good penalty? They get so over scrutinized that the referees have to make up calls? I mean, sure they deserve a lot of their calls because of sloppiness. But we shouldn't let the zebras off the hook because of it.

SpikedLemonade
10-25-2015, 11:30 AM
Why oh why has GOD turned his back on the City of Buffalo?

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 11:31 AM
Why oh why has GOD turned his back on the City of Buffalo?

Flutie tuned his back on Buffalo?

Mace
10-25-2015, 11:32 AM
The penalty bothered me, but there were plays after that.

-All they had to do was keep the Jags out of the endzone. They gave up a 31 yard td pass.
-Closing in on FG range on their last drive, they had 3 chances to gain one yard and couldn't, blowing a timeout, lazily strolling around in no real hurry. Shots downfield ? Nah.
-Final play and they roll Manuel left when he throws right handed, like that had any chance.

Yeah, the penalty bothered me, but they lost because they earned it.

feldspar
10-25-2015, 11:32 AM
Robey never touched him, and the Bills probably win this game is they don't make that bogus call.

Is that true or not?

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 11:34 AM
I like to listen to intelligent people, please don't muddy up my thread with your ignorance.

Oh I'm sorry keep whining that the refs and NFL hate the Bills and blame their failures for the past 15 years on it.

Because that's so much more intelligent.

- - - Updated - - -

Robey never touched him, and the Bills probably win this game is they don't make that bogus call.

Is that true or not?

After watching that TD pass 2 plays later with how wide open that guy was on the goal line, I say no. Because Jacksonville goes for it on 4th down there anyway and probably calls that exact play.

Skooby
10-25-2015, 11:37 AM

Is that true or not?

Bortles ran away from pressure and threw a TD, so what makes you think he can't do that on 4th down ?

chris66
10-25-2015, 11:38 AM
Fans blaming refs is the cumulative of watching a bad to mediocre team. It makes the fanbase look so bad

feldspar
10-25-2015, 11:47 AM
After watching that TD pass 2 plays later with how wide open that guy was on the goal line, I say no. Because Jacksonville goes for it on 4th down there anyway and probably calls that exact play.

Wow, so you really think that the same thing was bound to happen?

It should have been 4th and 15...completely different situation entirely.

The jaguars barely moved the ball and hadn't scored since the second quarter before they were gifted that penalty and a new set of downs

feldspar
10-25-2015, 11:50 AM
Fans blaming refs is the cumulative of watching a bad to mediocre team. It makes the fanbase look so bad

The call was bad and changed the game. It's just the truth. Admit it, and there is no argument.

Personally, I blame this loss on EJ... But I still think we would have won without that call.

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 11:50 AM
Wow, so you really think that the same thing was bound to happen?

It should have been 4th and 15...completely different situation entirely.

The jaguars barely moved the ball and hadn't scored since the second quarter before they were gifted that penalty and a new set of downs

And yet when it mattered, they threw a 31 yard TD pass to win it.

Even with a new set of downs, they still had to make a play to win...and they did.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-25-2015, 11:53 AM
both of you are not wrong.

That phantom horrific call absolutely changed the course of the game
however, there is still no excuse for us playing s****y defense after that call. They should have dusted themselves off and stopped them.

that said, this loss is mainly on EJ as well as the O coordinator, with an honorable mention to that play call and the bills response (or lack thereof) to it

feldspar
10-25-2015, 11:56 AM
both of you are not wrong.

That phantom horrific call absolutely changed the course of the game
however, there is still no excuse for us playing s****y defense after that call. They should have dusted themselves off and stopped them.

that said, this loss is mainly on EJ as well as the O coordinator, with an honorable mention to that play call and the bills response (or lack thereof) to it

I'm not wrong.

I'm pissed. This **** happens too often...to the point where I'm about to tune out.

BrianCarr
10-25-2015, 11:56 AM

Even with a new set of downs, they still had to make a play to win...and they did.You're an idiot. The Bills defense stopped the Jags when it mattered, only to get butt ****ed by the NFL.

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 11:57 AM
You're an idiot. The Bills defense stopped the Jags when it mattered, only to get butt ****ed by the NFL.

Oh okay, so leaving a guy open on the goal line doesn't matter. That penalty gave the Jags the 7 points.

And the Bills didn't stop them yet, there still would have been a 4th down and based on the coverage of that 31 yard TD pass how can you even begin to think the Bills stop that 4th and 15?

chris66
10-25-2015, 11:58 AM
The call was bad and changed the game. It's just the truth. Admit it, and there is no argument.

Personally, I blame this loss on EJ... But I still think we would have won without that call.
It didn't change the game. It extended the drive. This fabulous D giving up a 31 yd td changed the game.

Mace
10-25-2015, 11:59 AM
You're an idiot. The Bills defense stopped the Jags when it mattered, only to get butt ****ed by the NFL.

No they didn't. It mattered after that call that they keep the Jags out of the endzone. That mattered more, and they gave up a 31 yard TD on 2nd and 5.

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 12:02 PM
I'm not wrong.

I'm pissed. This **** happens too often...to the point where I'm about to tune out.

But you're not pissed about the defense leaving a guy wide open at the goal line?

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-25-2015, 12:07 PM
I'm not wrong.

i said both of you are not wrong. perhaps i should have said. 'both of you are right.'

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 12:09 PM
i said both of you are not wrong. perhaps i should have said. 'both of you are right.'

I understood what you meant! :up:

I'll just never blame the refs for anything. They're bad, everyone knows they're bad, teams still have to make plays regardless. There is no bias, they don't favor teams, they don't hate teams...they're just widely inconsistent league wide and make up stuff as they go.

yanklovver
10-25-2015, 12:11 PM

Even with a new set of downs, they still had to make a play to win...and they did.and 4th and 15 would of been a lot harder to get than a first and ten....that penalty meant everything....so sir, u are so wrong!

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-25-2015, 12:11 PM
there's no question in my mind the bills win that game if that penalty is not called.

that being said, they should have manned up and played defense after that non call and they failed to do so.

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 12:13 PM
and 4th and 15 would of been a lot harder to get than a first and ten....that penalty meant everything....so sir, u are so wrong!

They threw a 31 yard TD on 2nd and 5.

yanklovver
10-25-2015, 12:17 PM
They threw a 31 yard TD on 2nd and 5. but if they didnt call that penalty....so your saying they would of made it on 4th and 15?....the td was after they received the gimme 1st and 10...how could you think they would of had the same defense at 4th and 15?....wow, really think what your writing!!!!

TacklingDummy
10-25-2015, 12:17 PM
The penalty was horrendous. Ruining EJ and the defense comeback effort. Without the penalty the Bills probably win the game.

The defensive play after the penalty was also horrendous.

As was this play calling...

2nd and 1 at BUF 41
(1:45 - 4th) (Shotgun) L.McCoy right tackle to BUF 41 for no gain (T.Smith)

3rd and 1 at BUF 41
(1:45 - 4th) E.Manuel up the middle to BUF 40 for -1 yards (S.Marks)

(0:57 - 4th) Timeout #2 by BUF at 00:57.
4th and 2 at BUF 40
(0:57 - 4th) (Shotgun) E.Manuel pass incomplete short left to R.Woods (A.Colvin)

starrymessenger
10-25-2015, 12:49 PM
If that was a Bills defender trying to rip the ball out, he would have been guilty of a personal foul.

Oh, I said "helps" not was the main reason. Defense mostly did what it needed to. This loss is almost entirely on EJ. and a little on Whaley

Yeah I didn't understand the penalty on Woods. To me he just stood his ground with his back to the goaline facing the pursuing Jag player and blocked him. Not saying it wasn't a penalty, just that I don't get it.

paladin warrior
10-25-2015, 12:59 PM
Ref made hugh bs- called . I don't know why NFL can't fire or suspend him and big fine

Ingtar33
10-25-2015, 01:16 PM

In 2013 the nfl made it a penalty. That said the ref miscalled it. It was a clean block. An illegal peal back block is basically a cut block on someone in pursuit of a ball carrier in the open field; however wood didn't cut Poz, he hit him square in the chest and knocked him on his backside. it was clean. and a terrible call; the ref probably saw both woods and poz go down and it was in the area of a peal back, so he threw the flag. I doubt he actually saw the block since it was clean.

Turf
10-25-2015, 01:17 PM
The penalty bothered me, but there were plays after that.

-All they had to do was keep the Jags out of the endzone. They gave up a 31 yard td pass.
-Closing in on FG range on their last drive, they had 3 chances to gain one yard and couldn't, blowing a timeout, lazily strolling around in no real hurry. Shots downfield ? Nah.
-Final play and they roll Manuel left when he throws right handed, like that had any chance.

Yeah, the penalty bothered me, but they lost because they earned it.

Total mishandling of time and timeouts. Really really poor coaching. They could have gone downfield 3 times, then punted, and still got the ball back with their timeouts. I don't think that ever occurred to any of them. They just squandered any chance they had. Yeah this ****ing league is fixed, that PI call was total bull****. I can't watch the NFL much longer. This league sucks.

YardRat
10-25-2015, 01:26 PM
There's a ton blame to be passed around on this game, but that penalty call was a killer.

BrianCarr
10-25-2015, 01:35 PM
Oh okay, so leaving a guy open on the goal line doesn't matter. That penalty gave the Jags the 7 points.

And the Bills didn't stop them yet, there still would have been a 4th down and based on the coverage of that 31 yard TD pass how can you even begin to think the Bills stop that 4th and 15?Wow, you really are delusional The likely hood at they would have went for it on 4th and 15 is less than 50%.

We cannot know what the Jags would have done, but YOU know they would have went for it, they would have called the same play and the Bills would have been in the defense on a different down and distance.

Whatta guy.....and the biggest ass wipe on the board.

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 01:38 PM
Wow, you really are delusional The likely hood at they would have went for it on 4th and 15 is less than 50%.

So they would have punted down 4, ball at the BUF 47 with 3 minutes left and only 1 timeout?

Who's the delusional one?

feldspar
10-25-2015, 01:40 PM
there's no question in my mind the bills win that game if that penalty is not called.

Yes! and that makes me mad.

hat being said, they should have manned up and played defense after that non call and they failed to do so.

Yes, but I'm still as mad about that call.

BrianCarr
10-25-2015, 01:40 PM
So they would have punted down 4, ball at the BUF 47 with 3 minutes left and only 1 timeout?

Who's the delusional one?**** you, you contrarian ****. Go play on the Patriots board.

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 01:48 PM
**** you, you contrarian ****. Go play on the Patriots board.

Apparently when smacked with the truth, you're forced to resort to insults.

Typical.

feldspar
10-25-2015, 01:57 PM

Typical.

The truth is that the Bills would win that game without the call being made in all likelihood. The truth is that the call was horse****.

The truth is that they shouldn't have HAD to overcome the call.

What's not to understand about that?

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 02:00 PM
The truth is that the Bills would win that game without the call being made in all likelihood. The truth is that the call was horse****.

The truth is that they shouldn't have HAD to overcome the call.

What's not to understand about that?

The TRUTH is blaming refs for why you lost a game is pathetic.

The truth is teams still have to make plays to actually score.

The truth is the Bills decided to leave a WR wide open on the goal line on a 2nd and 5 from the 31.

What's not to understand?

BrianCarr
10-25-2015, 02:07 PM

Typical.You couldn't smack your Momma and you wouldn't know the "truth" if it bit you in the ass.

You're just a typical troll that thinks he actually knows something.

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 02:08 PM
Oh I'm sorry keep whining that the refs and NFL hate the Bills and blame their failures for the past 15 years on it.

Because that's so much more intelligent.

- - - Updated - - -

This kind of stupid is special.

BrianCarr
10-25-2015, 02:12 PM
The TRUTH is blaming refs for why you lost a game is pathetic.

The truth is teams still have to make plays to actually score.

The truth is the Bills decided to leave a WR wide open on the goal line on a 2nd and 5 from the 31.

What's not to understand?Someone needs to put you out of your misery since your Mom didn't have the foresight to get an abortion.

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 02:16 PM
Someone needs to put you out of your misery since your Mom didn't have the foresight to get an abortion.

so you DO believe in abortion in certain situations.

BrianCarr
10-25-2015, 02:19 PM
so you DO believe in abortion in certain situations.

Up until the 120th trimester in his case.

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 02:21 PM
Wow the two of you are certainly mature.

Are you 12 and 13 years old respectively?

SpikedLemonade
10-25-2015, 02:30 PM
Why did industry have to evolve so that simply being located close to a busy waterway was not enough to guarantee a city prosperity?

Why?

So unfair to a Polish gene pool.

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 02:36 PM

Are you 12 and 13 years old respectively?

Is that all you can count to? Next time take off your shoes before pulling down your shorts.

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 02:38 PM
Why did industry have to evolve so that simply being located close to a busy waterway was not enough to guarantee a city prosperity?

Why?

Why do Canadians try to make fun of anyone?

BrianCarr
10-25-2015, 02:44 PM

Are you 12 and 13 years old respectively?Well, when dealing with slime we have to get down in the intellectual gutter, as it were.

We play down our opponents skill level.

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 02:46 PM
Well, when dealing with slime we have to get down in the intellectual gutter, as it were.

We play down our opponents skill level.

I need a shower.

BillsImpossible
10-25-2015, 02:46 PM

Why?

Say that to Gronk's face, I dare you.

BrianCarr
10-25-2015, 02:48 PM

Why?

So unfair to a Polish gene pool.Where did that come from?

You must be cleaning the trout pond again, but when did their **** become toxic?

SpikedLemonade
10-25-2015, 02:54 PM
Why do Canadians try to make fun of anyone?

We can't make fun of Polacks who couldn't understand why their city declined around them for 50 years?

OK.

I will put on the CFL game now.

djjimkelly
10-25-2015, 02:55 PM
https://twitter.com/billsmafiagrip/status/658328593764851713/video/1

SpikedLemonade
10-25-2015, 02:55 PM
Where did that come from?

Random angst over my favourite team being geographically located in a shat hole.

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 02:58 PM
Random angst over my favourite team being geographically located in a shat hole.

How did you get a favorite team from an area you hate?

BrianCarr
10-25-2015, 03:06 PM
How did you get a favorite team from an area you hate?Well, he's a Bruins Fan as well. Maybe it's a self loathing thing.

I mean he does live close to Toronto.

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 03:10 PM
Is that all you can count to? Next time take off your shoes before pulling down your shorts.

That's about the age you two whining crybabies appear to be after you're forced to resort to insults when shown the POV that this team is complete crap. Actually 13 might be too optimistic.

But keep crying about the refs, Tyrod is the best and would have won the last 2 games, the league hates the bills or whatever other random BS you come up with to explain why this team is a laughingstock bottomfeeder for 15 years and will continue to be as long as the Rex/Tyrod combination is in town.

SpikedLemonade
10-25-2015, 03:13 PM
How did you get a favorite team from an area you hate?

Born and raised in a part of Canada that got the ABC, CBS and NBC affiliates from Buffalo in the 60's.

I'm loyal to my sports teams.

Just wish Buffalo would have grown rather than declined.

I can't help but feel that wealth would have contributed to winning.

BillsImpossible
10-25-2015, 03:14 PM
The phantom penalty call was a tinkle in the tank that EJ Manuel pissed in all day long.

It was a horrible call, no question about it.

But it was not the biggest difference maker in the game today.

EJ Manuel was the single biggest reason why the Bills lost to the Jaguars.

BrianCarr
10-25-2015, 03:15 PM
That's about the age you two whining crybabies appear to be after you're forced to resort to insults when shown the POV that this team is complete crap. Actually 13 might be too optimistic.

But keep crying about the refs, Tyrod is the best and would have won the last 2 games, the league hates the bills or whatever other random BS you come up with to explain why this team is a laughingstock bottomfeeder for 15 years and will continue to be as long as the Rex/Tyrod combination is in town.Maybe we should trade for Colin Kaepernick next year.

BrianCarr
10-25-2015, 03:17 PM
The phantom penalty call was a tinkle in the tank that EJ Manuel pissed in all day long.

EJ Manuel was the single biggest reason why the Bills lost to the Jaguars.HaHaHa. Handing the other team a first down on our 35 with under three minutes to play is a considerable difference maker.

SpikedLemonade
10-25-2015, 03:18 PM
Well, he's a Bruins Fan as well. Maybe it's a self loathing thing.

I mean he does live close to Toronto.

My love for Bobby Orr in the late 60's was greater than my love for Toronto.

Rooting for Toronto teams -- I do for the Blue Jays, Raptors and TFC -- has been as painful as rooting for the Bills.

Please don't take my Bruins love away from me. That is all I got to keep me warm.

BillsImpossible
10-25-2015, 03:22 PM
HaHaHa. Handing the other team a first down on our 35 with under three minutes to play is a considerable difference maker.

Bills got the ball back with 2 time outs and just under 2 minutes of clock to work with, and great field position.

The, 'considerable difference maker,' was EJ Manuel's horrible throw on 4th down to a wide open receiver that should have been a first down if the quarterback was accurate with his throw.

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 03:25 PM

EJ Manuel was the single biggest reason why the Bills lost to the Jaguars.

It was a HUGE call that might have been a difference maker. But I already said that this game was mostly on EJ's shoulders.

BrianCarr
10-25-2015, 03:26 PM

Rooting for Toronto teams -- I do for the Blue Jays, Raptors and TFC -- has been as painful as rooting for the Bills.

Please don't take my Bruins love away from me. That is all I got to keep me warm.I could not help but admire Orr even though I hated Cashman, Fat Phil and the rest of the Bruins.

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 03:26 PM

But keep crying about the refs, Tyrod is the best and would have won the last 2 games, the league hates the bills or whatever other random BS you come up with to explain why this team is a laughingstock bottomfeeder for 15 years and will continue to be as long as the Rex/Tyrod combination is in town.

I kind of hear what the adults are saying from a Peanuts show when I read this.

BrianCarr
10-25-2015, 03:28 PM

But keep crying about the refs, Tyrod is the best and would have won the last 2 games, the league hates the bills or whatever other random BS you come up with to explain why this team is a laughingstock bottomfeeder for 15 years and will continue to be as long as the Rex/Tyrod combination is in town.Blow me.

How's that for mature?

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 03:29 PM

Please don't take my Bruins love away from me. That is all I got to keep me warm.

Sorry, kind of pathetic to root for a team because of one player that hasn't played in what, 40 years? Maybe because the Bruins were really good then and the Leafs weren't?

I kind of blame that for why I rooted for the Yankees years ago, but I got myself therapy. Actually wanted the Blue Jays to win the AL.

SpikedLemonade
10-25-2015, 03:31 PM
Sorry, kind of pathetic to root for a team because of one player that hasn't played in what, 40 years? Maybe because the Bruins were really good then and the Leafs weren't?

I kind of blame that for why I rooted for the Yankees years ago, but I got myself therapy. Actually wanted the Blue Jays to win the AL.

Leafs won the cup in 1967.

I was never a Leafs fan although I lived in Leafs land.

Rooting for the Leafs would have been the path of least resistance when you are less than 10 years old.

When I start to root for a team, I don't change teams.

Then again, I do not root for a team to validate myself because I was born where that team plays. If I felt that strongly about my hometown, I probably would not have left rather than root for teams from that city to overcome the guilt because I did.

Famous Amos
10-25-2015, 03:31 PM

Why?

You're a jerk

SpikedLemonade
10-25-2015, 03:35 PM
You're a jerk

The truth hurts eh?

BrianCarr
10-25-2015, 03:40 PM

Rooting for the Leafs would have been the path of least resistance when you are less than 10 years old.

Then again, I do not root for a team to validate myself because I was born where that team plays. If I felt that strongly about my hometown, I probably would not have left rather than root for teams from that city to overcome the guilt because I did.I liked the Leafs back then. Davey Keon, Daryl Sitler etc.

SpikedLemonade
10-25-2015, 03:47 PM
I liked the Leafs back then. Davey Keon, Daryl Sitler etc.

They were a great team then.

That was the last year of the Original Six.

Once the league went to 12 teams, the Leafs were done.

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 04:05 PM

Then again, I do not root for a team to validate myself because I was born where that team plays. If I felt that strongly about my hometown, I probably would not have left rather than root for teams from that city to overcome the guilt because I did.

So, you are proud that you never rooted for a hometown team? I think that is pathetic. I see people like that now and all I think about is aholes that like to be contrarian or aholes that just like to annoy other people. I have a feeling about which one you are. Did you root for other high schools or colleges that you didn't go to because of people that went to those other schools over your own?

I am proud of my hometown. I am no so thin skinned as to ***** when aholes from warmer climates think it snows there in July, because I know those people are idiots who talk before thinking. I know they have been economically depressed for many years. I actually believe that they have been going through a small resurgence lately, and partly due to people like the Pegulas. But I root for my hometown teams because it is my hometown. I might move someday, but I will still root for my hometown teams. I am not embarrassed by my hometown as obviously you are.

Novacane
10-25-2015, 04:08 PM
HaHaHa. Handing the other team a first down on our 35 with under three minutes to play is a considerable difference maker.

Not a big as gift wrapping 14 points to the other team!

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 04:18 PM
Not a big as gift wrapping 14 points to the other team!

This thread talks mostly about how that one phantom penalty helped the other team again. I don't think many dispute that EJ is NOT the answer and was horrible today among many things. But that pass interference late was a very big call.

Cleve
10-25-2015, 04:22 PM
This team just sucks. The fact that one erroneous penalty could cost them the game against the worst of the NFL says a lot more about how poorly the team is coached and managed, than it says about the officiating.

It's similar to blaming Scott Norwood for the Super Bowl loss. Yeah, it sucks he missed the kick.... but where the hell was that vaunted high scoring high powered offense for the first 59 minutes of the game? Why did it get to the point where everything rested on Scott Norwood making one long field goal, at the very end of the game, especially for a team as favored as the Bills were to win?

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 04:23 PM
sigh

feldspar
10-25-2015, 04:25 PM

That's all there is to it. Nothing to add at all.

Mr. Pink
10-25-2015, 04:27 PM
I kind of hear what the adults are saying from a Peanuts show when I read this.

Is that like the toilet I hear flush from all the crap you post?

Or maybe the crying I hear every time you post, just like a baby who didn't get his binky.

chris66
10-25-2015, 04:40 PM
This team just sucks. The fact that one erroneous penalty could cost them the game against the worst of the NFL says a lot more about how poorly the team is coached and managed, than it says about the officiating.

It's similar to blaming Scott Norwood for the Super Bowl loss. Yeah, it sucks he missed the kick.... but where the hell was that vaunted high scoring high powered offense for the first 59 minutes of the game? Why did it get to the point where everything rested on Scott Norwood making one long field goal, at the very end of the game, especially for a team as favored as the Bills were to win?
Bravo, first sane post in this dumpster fire of a thread

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 05:35 PM
Is that like the toilet I hear flush from all the crap you post?

Or maybe the crying I hear every time you post, just like a baby who didn't get his binky.

wahawahahahhahhahhahhahhaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 05:38 PM
Bravo, first sane post in this dumpster fire of a thread

Haha! Another idiotic post! That makes about 500 for you!

Mace
10-25-2015, 05:41 PM

Why?

Not even relevant, and I'm Polish. Polish were east side industrial, you're probably wanting to take a shot at the Irish who did the work and the Italians who came to control it while the Polish did factory stuff.

The point still is, and you can get as mad as you want about it, Jags were 36 yards out and all we had to do was keep them from a TD, a FG wouldn't have worked, and we didn't, after the bad call. Like it would have been a miracle if the Bills D shouldn't have allowed them a TD with our oh so awesomy corners and Rex Ryan guru'ing the defense.

Shortly after we failed to do that, we were close to OT FG range, and wasted a crapload of clock running three plays failing to gain a yard, two of them running plays, wasted a timeout, took no shots that had been working, and capped the last play itself with Manuel rolling to his left as a right armed QB as if he were Aaron Rodgers which absolutely everyone except Roman knew he wasn't.

That penalty was stupid and unnecessary but even after it we still should have won. Bortles threw a 31 yard TD pass on 2nd and 5 for the love of heaven, and we couldn't gain 1 freaking yard in 3 tries.

BillsImpossible
10-25-2015, 05:43 PM
EJ Manuel is not Polish.

YardRat
10-25-2015, 05:54 PM
'Moments' become bigger when the outcome of a contest is actually in the balance, due to the time constraint. Yes, EJ certainly shoulders much of the blame for handing the Jaguars 20 points but the reality is those points became moot once the Bills took the lead. Relevance has changed, and what happens after that lead is gained achieves a different level of importance. What might have happened if EJ didn't gift wrap those TD's is speculation...what did happen after the Bills took the lead is reality. What might have happened if the penalty isn't called is speculation...what did happen after the penalty is reality. The penalty call was blatantly wrong, and might have affected the outcome of the game, but the bottom line is both sides of the ball had their opportunity to 'win' the game, and both sides failed.

Mace
10-25-2015, 05:54 PM
EJ Manuel is not Polish.

But he tries.

BrianCarr
10-25-2015, 05:57 PM
It seems Pinkie and Chrissy are poster boys for America's failing education system.

Mike
10-27-2015, 03:17 AM

Is that true or not?

The point is that the game should not have come down to that. By the simple fact that a poor judgment by a ref can alter the final result against a team like the Jags signifies that the Bills are also a team like the Jags.

You don't see blown calls costing the Pats games vs even good teams.

Mike
10-27-2015, 03:29 AM
At the end of the day you can go on blaming the refs, other coaches, the NFL, it doesn't matter... And the Bills will stick stuck.

This has to officially be one of the most disappointing seasons of the past 15 years. This team is done, put a fork in them! Hopefully, the Bills will have to foresight to 'Suck for the Next Luck' ala the Colts & Sabres.

Without a a Pro-Bowl level QB you can't compete for a Championship in this league.

Mike
10-27-2015, 06:50 AM
Yep

Historian, your an Admin and this thread is pure speculation.

Shouldn't this thread be marked as Speculation?

chernobylwraiths
10-27-2015, 07:34 AM
I love how people read into what was said without READING what was said. Even the title says that the penalty "helps". Many of you are inferring that I said the Bills lost because of the refs. No, they mostly lost due to EJ manuel, but there were a lot of contributing factors including that one call.

BuffaloRedleg
10-27-2015, 08:55 AM

We do.

phil3782
10-27-2015, 09:11 AM
That call hurt but was not the reason they lost. This one is on EJ and the coaches. I have a hard time with the fact they keep EJ over Cassel.

Victor7
10-27-2015, 01:07 PM
Huge call. Horrendous as well. Read on another board that the Bills had a 75% shot at winning if it goes uncalled and the Jags have to play a 4th and 15

With that said that is not the reason why we lost. It sucks that a ****ty call can have such a big influence on a game but if the Bills had played a half decent game it wouldn't have mattered. They still could've stopped the Jags or driven the ball themselves at the end. We failed at both. None of that would've been necessary if EJ manages to not look like a guy that played for the 1st time in his life.

Summary
**** call, definitely influential but far from the reason we lost.

Joe Fo Sho
10-27-2015, 01:39 PM
The reason people are so upset about this play in particular is because the penalty was out of our control. The Bills were directly responsible for every other mistake that was made in this game. EJ was responsible for his errors, as was everybody else. This play though, was played perfectly and we still got a bogus flag. There was nothing we could do about it.

Despite the horrible 2nd quarter that this team had, we were still able to come back and give ourselves a chance to win. We took every mistake we made in the 1st half and were able to overcome them. I don't care how many mistakes you make early in the game, if you can play well enough to regain the lead, you deserve the win. We more than likely would have won too, had this call gone the way it should have.

That's what's so upsetting about it, but it doesn't change the fact that this team has glaring problems that are going to significantly hold us back if they don't get remedied during the bye week.

gebobs
10-28-2015, 03:16 PM
The reason people are so upset about this play in particular is because the penalty was out of our control. The Bills were directly responsible for every other mistake that was made in this game.
Spot on. The refs screwed up for sure and no one has been more critical of that call than me. But I am not using it as an excuse. Bad calls happen. You have to rise above them. Any team can find calls that go against them. You know who whines about them and blames them on the losses game after game? Losers.

BrianCarr
10-28-2015, 04:17 PM
Spot on. The refs screwed up for sure and no one has been more critical of that call than me. But I am not using it as an excuse. Bad calls happen. You have to rise above them. Any team can find calls that go against them. You know who whines about them and blames them on the losses game after game? Losers.That's what you've been conditioned to believe by the very league that profits from that type of thinking. It keep the critics of the league at bay because no one wants to be seen as such.

The same thing if you say we were missing 5 starters on offense.

gebobs
10-29-2015, 06:49 AM
That's what you've been conditioned to believe by the very league that profits from that type of thinking.
Thank heavens there are clever folks like you to take up the standard when sheep like me are conditioned.

By the way, what are you planning to do for your criticism in this case? Are you going to have a meet and greet with Goodell in New York? Are you going on a hunger strike? Inspire me. What can I do to make the NFL a more fair and just enterprise where even the Buffalo Bills get a fair shake?

WagonCircler
10-29-2015, 06:55 AM
Thank heavens there are clever folks like you to take up the standard when sheep like me are conditioned.

By the way, what are you planning to do for your criticism in this case? Are you going to have a meet and greet with Goodell in New York? Are you going on a hunger strike? Inspire me. What can I do to make the NFL a more fair and just enterprise where even the Buffalo Bills get a fair shake?

He's working on a tweet, excoriating "all y'all little people working y'all little jobs".