PDA

View Full Version : The Bills should fire everyone and start over

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2015, 07:01 PM
we are not close to a winning team, last season was an aberration.

Fire Whaley. He might have found a decent QB for a little while in Taylor, but he drafted Manuel, so he sucks.
He might have drafted a gifted WR in Watkins, but he is always hurt.
He might have drafted very good RB and CB in this last draft, but they really are garbage and just haven't proven it yet.

Fire Rex. I know the offense was missing like half of their starters this week but too bad, you have to win with who you have. He is just a big mouth who only wants his players to like him. His defense really sucks even though they have played pretty well without their starting safety and a rookie CB. He is supposed to be a genius and should be able to devise some way to get to the QB in under 2 seconds.

Fire the strength and conditioning coach. Obviously he isn't doing his job if all these guys keep getting hurt.

I mean, after we get rid of all the overpriced crap on this team, it shouldn't be too hard to get newer guys that can do better. I'm sure with all new coaches and all new personnel, next year we will be a winner.

I know Rex has had only 7 games, but that is enough for me to see that he is a terrible coach who will never win in this league.

BillsImpossible
10-25-2015, 07:05 PM

Fire Whaley. He might have found a decent QB for a little while in Taylor, but he drafted Manuel, so he sucks.
He might have drafted very good RB and CB in this last draft, but they really are garbage and just haven't proven it yet.

Fire Rex. I know the offense was missing like half of their starters this week but too bad, you have to win with who you have. He is just a big mouth who only wants his players to like him. His defense really sucks even though they have played pretty well without their starting safety and a rookie CB. He is supposed to be a genius and should be able to devise some way to get to the QB in under 2 seconds.

Fire the strength and conditioning coach. Obviously he isn't doing his job if all these guys keep getting hurt.

I mean, after we get rid of all the overpriced crap on this team, it shouldn't be too hard to get newer guys that can do better. I'm sure with all new coaches and all new personnel, next year we will be a winner.

I know Rex has had only 7 games, but that is enough for me to see that he is a terrible coach who will never win in this league.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6cbX4DUACYU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Meathead
10-25-2015, 07:07 PM
finally someone talking some sense

Mace
10-25-2015, 07:11 PM

I'm with you on this one !

BillsImpossible
10-25-2015, 07:11 PM
finally someone talking some sense

Some people claim that there's a coach or GM to blame, but I know, it's all EJ's fault.

YardRat
10-25-2015, 07:16 PM
Don't know the reason Rex should stay all season, with nothing to show but a truck and tattoo.
But he's a defensive whizz, can't coach worth a jizz, and he and Whaley haven't a clue.

Mace
10-25-2015, 07:19 PM
Don't know the reason Rex should stay all season, with nothing to show but a truck and tattoo.
But he's a defensive whizz, can't coach worth a jizz, and he and Whaley haven't a clue.

Evidently, you are correct. What was the bet I'm going to lose again ?

YardRat
10-25-2015, 07:19 PM
All together now...

WASTING AWAAAAY AGAIN, IN PEGULAVILLE :band:

YardRat
10-25-2015, 07:20 PM
Evidently, you are correct. What was the bet I'm going to lose again ?

The bet was actually about Chandler having a career year in New England...I don't think it's looking too good for me right now on that one.

BillsImpossible
10-25-2015, 07:21 PM

Stick to your day job, YardRat. Rapping is not your forte.

Mace
10-25-2015, 07:23 PM
The bet was actually about Chandler having a career year in New England...I don't think it's looking too good for me right now on that one.

Doesn't matter, I forgive you after all the defense arguments I clearly lost.

BillsImpossible
10-25-2015, 07:32 PM
Doesn't matter, I forgive you after all the defense arguments I clearly lost.

Mace's Mea Culpa.

Don't give in so easily, Mace. 9 games to go.

ckg927
10-25-2015, 07:52 PM
OK. So the Bills take the OP's advice, tosses everyone out and starts over.

Then what?

Are you prepared to spend another, say, 3-5 seasons of misery at least? When you've already spent the past 15 seasons in the same state?

I'm not.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-25-2015, 07:56 PM
What about the fans? Deadspin mocks Bills fans every week, it seems. They have a role in the complacency, buying 60,000 season tickets for this debacle.

How about canceling the stadium lease and getting a new market in Los Angeles? Might as well take this logic to its inevitable conclusion.

YardRat
10-25-2015, 07:57 PM

Then what?

Are you prepared to spend another, say, 3-5 seasons of misery at least? When you've already spent the past 15 seasons in the same state?

I'm not.

1. cher was being sarcastic
2. What has given you the indication that the next 3-5 seasons is going to be less miserable than the last 15 years, or even the first seven games? The die was cast for that time frame when Rex was hired. We moved two steps forward last season...since then it's been three steps back.

ckg927
10-25-2015, 08:03 PM
All I'll say is this: Fans had better start attending as empty seats. Until then, NOTHING changes.

Sadly, the Bills are too entrenched in this area for a mass fan exodus.

Cripes, when the UB Bulls are more entertaining than the Buffalo Bills....we've got problems.

trapezeus
10-25-2015, 08:03 PM

Then what?

I'm not.

i think pegulas go back to polian. That's the next step

BillsImpossible
10-25-2015, 08:15 PM
i think pegulas go back to polian. That's the next step

"There'e booze in the blender, and soon it will render that frozen concoction that helps me hang on."

It's our own damn fault.

Mace
10-25-2015, 08:19 PM
For the love of God, keep the punter.

BuffaloRedleg
10-25-2015, 09:11 PM
Maybe the Colts will release Andrew Luck because he is playing poorly.

Some of you clearly don't understand that in the NFL, every team except for 3-4 are almost unanimously terrible.

I hate this sport so much.

Meathead
10-26-2015, 03:08 AM
i say we fire every bills employee every season and start over until we win a superbowl

rex. whaley. doug. overdorf. berchtold

the entire scouting staff. advertising. project managers. ticket sales. tech support

security staff. the concession vendors. phone operators. the guys who give you parking stubs. the guys who clean pee out of the washbasins

all building contractors who ever worked on the stadium. team ambassadors. temporary help. all volunteers. phlebotomists who have ever been part of a blood drive. the nurses tending to cancer victims that players visit

and definitely phil brady. but not the jills

chernobylwraiths
10-26-2015, 04:56 AM

Then what?

I'm not.

I say hire another young gun and give him 5 games to prove himself. That's all it takes to win right? Once they start losing, no excuses, they should be gone and start over.

Night Train
10-26-2015, 07:04 AM

We only need 20 minutes in on Amazon, plus Pegula has Prime so it's free shipping.

It's all so easy.

Night Train
10-26-2015, 07:06 AM
i say we fire every bills employee every season and start over until we win a superbowl

rex. whaley. doug. overdorf. berchtold

the entire scouting staff. advertising. project managers. ticket sales. tech support

security staff. the concession vendors. phone operators. the guys who give you parking stubs. the guys who clean pee out of the washbasins

all building contractors who ever worked on the stadium. team ambassadors. temporary help. all volunteers. phlebotomists who have ever been part of a blood drive. the nurses tending to cancer victims that players visit

and definitely phil brady. but not the jills

Keep those drummers that perform at every game and march around the stadium pre-game. They're awesome.

Otherwise, we riot.

Mr. Pink
10-26-2015, 07:09 AM
Rex is a terrible coach, his career sub .500 record shows that.

The fact that he took Eric Mangini's team originally, rode it to the playoffs, and then burned it into the ground to get to that sub .500 record shows that.

But those pesky facts.

Mr. Cynical
10-26-2015, 04:38 PM
Rex is a terrible coach, his career sub .500 record shows that.

The fact that he took Eric Mangini's team originally, rode it to the playoffs, and then burned it into the ground to get to that sub .500 record shows that.

But those pesky facts.

I will admit I was all for Rex when he was hired. I live in NYC and while his teams from the last few years didn't win, there were some mitigating circumstances that seemed to justify it. Now that he's here, and now that I give a s**t (don't care about the Jets obviously), I see why Jets fans were happy he was fired.

The way this team is performing is a direct reflection of his coaching style and gameplanning. He just isn't very good as the former, and honestly, the latter is now very suspect as well (he doesn't seem to know how to adjust his schemes to the personnel)

Long/short - I would be fine with firing him this week and letting Roman take a shot as mid term coach. Worked in Miami, why not here. Problem is, if Roman doesn't work, we're kind of screwed, since it wasn't like there were a ton of great coaches looking to come here. So we got what we were essentially able to get, that's it. That's what has me bummed.

Pass the margarita pitcher.

JohnnyGold
10-26-2015, 04:53 PM

Some of you clearly don't understand that in the NFL, every team except for 3-4 are almost unanimously terrible.

This is all that needs to be said.
If Lebron wins a title in Cleveland this year, then it is discovered that he has equipment managers make his basket 2" wider than the opponent, and nothing is done...
He would be tarred and feathered and suspended for a year.
In the NFL, it's just pat of the circus.
Blown calls, refs bought and paid for, champions that have been caught cheating so many times that fans think it "doesn't matter".
It is truly the past time of the uneducated, lower classes. It is the gladiatorial spectacle of our times.
I don't even CARE about the Bills anymore, I just enjoy getting pissed off and incited to try and grab hold of someone's shoulders and shake them until they realize how *****ing meaningless and inane the NFL has become.
OH NO!!! The Bills lost to Jacksonville. OHHHHHHHH THE HUMANITY. THEY JUST NEED TO "FIRE THE COACH" THAT WILL FIX EVERYTHING!
Have you watched a Patriots game in the last 15 years?
I saw Brady roll to his right yesterday, with 3 dlinemen in his mug, and with the certainty that the sun will rise in the east, he flicked his wrist to the sideline, and BAM, Edelman is there to make a catch in the gap from the coverage, that Brady deduced with his psychic ability. Cut to poor Bowels on the sideline, he looked like someone just made his car disappear and then reappear on top of the Empire State Building.
Now, cut to the Bills fan with little more than a high school education, who moonlights as the guy at a WWE event with a neon orange sign that he made that afternoon, saying "that's cause Brady is the best ever and the Bills just gotta toughen up to stop him cause he's the best".
The whole *****ing show--from the commercials, to the refs, to the fans, to the games, to the comish, to the rigged outcomes, to the banality of weekly discussions on boards like this, is all so *****ing pathetic at this point.
"just leave then, bye, we won't miss you"
***** YOU.
You're the problem with this "sport". Not me.
Open your eyes.
Stop going to espn.com.
stop going to nfl.com.
stop spending your money on this garbage.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-26-2015, 05:01 PM

Why do you think I disappeared from this joint the past few years? I hate what the NFL has become. I still watch CFL, college football, even high school football.

I'm distressed that the league, and this Doink the Clown of a franchise, has such a stranglehold on Western New York. The region's mood literally swings up and down depending on every win and loss—and considering it's been two winning seasons out of the past 15½ years so far, the Bills have literally brought far more hurt and pain to the area than it has brought joy. Yet they still cling to it, and cheer when the guy who ran the Sabres into the ground buys them. It is as if they WANT the team to be Tom Brady's patsies.

YardRat
10-26-2015, 05:13 PM
I say hire another young gun and give him 5 games to prove himself. That's all it takes to win right? Once they start losing, no excuses, they should be gone and start over.

We barely got to training camp, and discovered there was a disconnect between Whaley and Rex.
Not even halfway thru the season, and we know there is a disconnect between Ryan and the players.

Something has to give...either somebody goes, or everybody changes their mindset. Or (as Meathead often refers to) we just keep waking up and it's Groundhog Day again.

Mr. Pink
10-26-2015, 05:25 PM
Why do you think I disappeared from this joint the past few years? I hate what the NFL has become. I still watch CFL, college football, even high school football.

I'm distressed that the league, and this Doink the Clown of a franchise, has such a stranglehold on Western New York. The region's mood literally swings up and down depending on every win and loss—and considering it's been two winning seasons out of the past 15½ years so far, the Bills have literally brought far more hurt and pain to the area than it has brought joy. Yet they still cling to it, and cheer when the guy who ran the Sabres into the ground buys them. It is as if they WANT the team to be Tom Brady's patsies.

See it's not the NFL that's the problem. It's how this team and parts of the fanbase have portrayed the NFL ever since Homerun Throwback. Watch some games of other teams. There is plenty of good football to watch that's played in cities not named Buffalo, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Tampa. Since I can't live in the other 31 teams cities as I live here, I have no idea about how their fans are, but I'd suspect if their team isn't a perennial doormat they wouldn't sit and blame the refs for every loss or think the NFL itself hates them, the team and the city.

Being a Browns fan from back in the 80s, the luster of being a fan of a certain team has long since passed, thanks Art Modell. I do hope that the Browns and Bills could, ya know, be actually relevant but even when they're not, I don't get angry about it. I find something about their games that entertains me. The Browns overachieve and hang in games even though their talent level is somewhere below abysmal. The Bills are a three ring circus with Pegula, Brandon and Rexy in charge. Without a huge vested interest, or really much of a care, if they win or lose...I sit and laugh while Gragg is standing 2 yards out of bounds and catches a pass, or one of the chickenhawk QBs runs around and gets hit because they have zero awareness, or the team is down by 2 scores and gets personal fouls from mouthing off at refs. It's the same as watching back when JP was still here...he was hot garbage but boy was that dude fun to watch just to see what he'd screw up next.

I'm more of a fan of the overall product. There are good players in this league. And they are fun to watch perform because they are actually, well, good. Tom Brady, Dez Bryant, Todd Gurley this year, Le'veon Bell, Aaron Rodgers, Odell Beckham just to name a few. Not all their teams are juggernauts either, but it's no surprise that a few of those guys on that list play on a team that's good as well.

Yes the NFL has it's problems, they have no competition among other professional sports so they're free to do whatever they choose and people will either choose to accept it or what? You mention liking college football but that's even more corrupt than the NFL. Officiating is just as bad, if not worse...targeting is one of the worst rules I've ever seen and not only is it a penalty it gets a player tossed from the game, all based on how someone who seems like he barely understands what the hell is going on, feels. That doesn't mention the various rules violations schools do or have done that they get sanctioned for later nor the pretty bogus way of deciding who the national champion is nor the fact that the talent level just isn't there overall.

So since you can tolerate the NCAA and their issues, which are on at least equal footing to the NFL, why not watch actual good football teams just for the entertainment without having a vested interest in the outcome?

YardRat
10-26-2015, 05:44 PM
I dunno, I've been watching more and more college football and I don't see a similarity in quality of reffing between that and the NFL. Yeah, there are bad calls but nothing like the crucial timing/really bad flags or no calls that one can point to so often in the pros that have a greater chance of affecting the outcome of the games. Do they happen? Sure, but in my perception it's not nearly as regularly.

Actually, for a true cynic/conspiracy theorist yesterday's Bills/Jags game was chock full of 'evidence' that the games are rigged to a certain point. The league showing off the shiny ability to live stream just couldn't be a blow-out stinker, could it? When it looked like the game was out of hand, the calls started to go Buffalo's way (Woods TD, the roughing the passer, etc). When Buffalo made it a game, all of a sudden the phantom PI flag gets thrown at a critical moment in the favor of the 'home' team that just signed on to play five more games in London. Even deeper, when the game was still in rout mode, who the hell runs Toby ****ing Gebhardt 6 times from the two yard line? Are you kidding me?

BuffaloRedleg
10-26-2015, 05:58 PM
This is all that needs to be said.
If Lebron wins a title in Cleveland this year, then it is discovered that he has equipment managers make his basket 2" wider than the opponent, and nothing is done...
He would be tarred and feathered and suspended for a year.
In the NFL, it's just pat of the circus.
Blown calls, refs bought and paid for, champions that have been caught cheating so many times that fans think it "doesn't matter".
It is truly the past time of the uneducated, lower classes. It is the gladiatorial spectacle of our times.
I don't even CARE about the Bills anymore, I just enjoy getting pissed off and incited to try and grab hold of someone's shoulders and shake them until they realize how *****ing meaningless and inane the NFL has become.
OH NO!!! The Bills lost to Jacksonville. OHHHHHHHH THE HUMANITY. THEY JUST NEED TO "FIRE THE COACH" THAT WILL FIX EVERYTHING!
Have you watched a Patriots game in the last 15 years?
I saw Brady roll to his right yesterday, with 3 dlinemen in his mug, and with the certainty that the sun will rise in the east, he flicked his wrist to the sideline, and BAM, Edelman is there to make a catch in the gap from the coverage, that Brady deduced with his psychic ability. Cut to poor Bowels on the sideline, he looked like someone just made his car disappear and then reappear on top of the Empire State Building.
Now, cut to the Bills fan with little more than a high school education, who moonlights as the guy at a WWE event with a neon orange sign that he made that afternoon, saying "that's cause Brady is the best ever and the Bills just gotta toughen up to stop him cause he's the best".
The whole *****ing show--from the commercials, to the refs, to the fans, to the games, to the comish, to the rigged outcomes, to the banality of weekly discussions on boards like this, is all so *****ing pathetic at this point.
"just leave then, bye, we won't miss you"
***** YOU.
You're the problem with this "sport". Not me.
Open your eyes.
Stop going to espn.com.
stop going to nfl.com.
stop spending your money on this garbage.

lol what

chernobylwraiths
10-26-2015, 06:13 PM
I dunno, I've been watching more and more college football and I don't see a similarity in quality of reffing between that and the NFL. Yeah, there are bad calls but nothing like the crucial timing/really bad flags or no calls that one can point to so often in the pros that have a greater chance of affecting the outcome of the games. Do they happen? Sure, but in my perception it's not nearly as regularly.

Actually, for a true cynic/conspiracy theorist yesterday's Bills/Jags game was chock full of 'evidence' that the games are rigged to a certain point. The league showing off the shiny ability to live stream just couldn't be a blow-out stinker, could it? When it looked like the game was out of hand, the calls started to go Buffalo's way (Woods TD, the roughing the passer, etc). When Buffalo made it a game, all of a sudden the phantom PI flag gets thrown at a critical moment in the favor of the 'home' team that just signed on to play five more games in London. Even deeper, when the game was still in rout mode, who the hell runs Toby ****ing Gebhardt 6 times from the two yard line? Are you kidding me?

I don't see it. Woods TD looked pretty clean to me. At most it is close, but nothing shows anything disputable.