View Full Version : EJ also made McCoy fumble

djjimkelly
10-25-2015, 08:08 PM
in reading all the posts today

this has yet to be mentioned EJ marched this team to the 2 and the mccoy fumble

THAT WAS EJ"S FAULT ALSO

Mace
10-25-2015, 08:12 PM
I have reason to believe he was also involved in Benghazi though he sent the email to a Republican by mistake.

BillsImpossible
10-25-2015, 08:20 PM
EJ sucked bro. Give it up.

Come on all ye Tyrod faithful, joyful and triumphant.

djjimkelly
10-25-2015, 08:23 PM

listen he played poorly he also played well enough to win today.

i think the offense moves the ball better with him.

also

i think EJ demanded that we roll out to the left twice today LOL

WagonCircler
10-25-2015, 08:25 PM

1. No, had he played well enough to win, the Bills would have won.

2. Yes, the Jags Offense moved the ball tremendously well, thanks to EJ giving them great field position.

3. You're out of your ****ing mind still defending this guy.

Thurmal
10-25-2015, 08:28 PM
Are you defending EJ Manuel? For real? He literally was Jacksonville's best player! Say what you want about JP Losman, but his erratic ass would've won that game by 20 points.

BillsImpossible
10-25-2015, 08:29 PM

THAT WAS EJ"S FAULT ALSO

The McFumble was caused by an illegal hit delivered by the Hamburglar that got away with, "spearing."

It was a borderline shot to the head. He led with his helmet, and that should have been a flag.

McCoy would have had a great day if Manuel didn't crap all over the field.

djjimkelly
10-25-2015, 08:47 PM
we should have traded for bradford not mccoy

TacklingDummy
10-25-2015, 08:47 PM
McCoy would have had a great day if Manuel didn't crap all over the field.

I especially loved his miss read on pass blocking that got EJ crushed early in the game. I believe it was during the Bills first 3 and out.

BillsImpossible
10-25-2015, 08:51 PM
I especially loved his miss read on pass blocking that got EJ crushed early in the game. I believe it was during the Bills first 3 and out.

EJ Manuel had a chance to win the game, LeSean McCoy didn't.

TacklingDummy
10-25-2015, 08:59 PM
EJ Manuel had a chance to win the game, LeSean McCoy didn't.actually he did...

1st and 10 at BUF 32
(1:53 - 4th) (Shotgun) E.Manuel pass short right to R.Woods to BUF 41 for 9 yards (T.Smith)
(1:45 - 4th) Timeout #1 by BUF at 01:45.
2nd and 1 at BUF 41
(1:45 - 4th) (Shotgun) L.McCoy right tackle to BUF 41 for no gain (T.Smith)
3rd and 1 at BUF 41B]
(1:45 - 4th) E.Manuel up the middle to BUF 40 for -1 yards (S.Marks)
(0:57 - 4th) Timeout #2 by BUF at 00:57.
4th and 2 at BUF 40
(0:57 - 4th) (Shotgun) E.Manuel pass incomplete short left to R.Woods (A.Colvin)

BertSquirtgum
10-25-2015, 10:23 PM

EJ sure as **** sucked in the first half. BUT he did come back to play decent and had this team close to winning. So is he starting quality? No. Is he a good back up quarterback for the future? Yes.

Novacane
10-26-2015, 06:14 AM
Stupid thread. Is EJ the only one who played bad? Nope. Is he the one player who handed the opponent 2 TD? Did anyone else do that? EJ lovers just give it up. You look more ridiculous every week.

gebobs
10-26-2015, 06:48 AM
EJ sure as **** sucked in the first half. BUT he did come back to play decent and had this team close to winning. So is he starting quality? No. Is he a good back up quarterback for the future? Yes.

Taylor is a decent backup. Manuel is a detriment.

The Jokeman
10-26-2015, 06:51 AM

also

i think EJ demanded that we roll out to the left twice today LOL

I'm as big as an EJ supporter you'll find but that 6 minute sequence he had when he fumbled and got picked off two times that lead to 21 of the Jaguars points was some of the ugliest QB play I've seen in quite some time. It cost us the game, sure he did some good things after but as a whole it wasn't good enough. Am I saying Tyrod is better? Nope but as long as he's healthy, Tyrod gets the ball back when we come off the bye week.

gebobs
10-26-2015, 06:52 AM

THAT WAS EJ"S FAULT ALSO

This is the definition of a strawman argument.

Cripes, we had TacklingDummy chirp on the GDT that EJ should be the starter based the one pass to Easley and after he threw a dozen in the dirt, another dozen overthrown, and a few more into the arms of the defense.

This is beyond dissonance. This is just plain stupid.

k-oneputt
10-26-2015, 06:54 AM
LOL you fanboys still defending that bum.

The kid sucks. Face it. He is the reason they lost that game.
He should be cut.

The Jokeman
10-26-2015, 06:58 AM
LOL you fanboys still defending that bum.

The kid sucks. Face it. He is the reason they lost that game.
He should be cut.

Cut is excessive, he played better than Mike Vick did with the Steelers but they didn't cut him. EJ may not be a starting QB but he isn't un-rosterable.

Mr. Pink
10-26-2015, 07:00 AM
I heard EJ caused global warming. Al Gore told me. Al Gore is a genius.

k-oneputt
10-26-2015, 07:01 AM
No he is cut material, and nobody would even pick him up.

If Whaley still wasn't trying to justify his terrible draft pick he would already be gone.

Mr. Pink
10-26-2015, 07:04 AM
No he is cut material, and nobody would even pick him up.

If Whaley still wasn't trying to justify his terrible draft pick he would already be gone.

And instead we would have had Matt Cassel, who turned the ball over 3 times yesterday also throwing a pick six, with a team who actually uses their running game and has a better offensive line.

So really, what difference does it make which backup played?

gebobs
10-26-2015, 07:26 AM
So really, what difference does it make which backup played?
Not really. Whaley has us in this position. Cassel, Manuel, Taylor...not one of them is starter material. Throw in Orton, Lewis, Tuel, Thigpen, and Brown.

The 3-4 2015 Bills have a better record than 0-8 Whaley does with quarterbacks.

cookie G
10-26-2015, 07:45 AM

THAT WAS EJ"S FAULT ALSO

Not exactly sure what you expect people would be posting about.

3 turnovers on 3 consecutive series, leading to 3 straight TD's, isn't something you see every day.

Hell, Bryce Brown fumbled once against KC and people talked about it for months. Jeff Tuel threw one pick six and it doomed his career forever. But you're expecting people to overlook 3 really bad plays in a row?

Damn, for a while, I was wondering if he wasn't intentionally throwing the game.

Mr. Pink
10-26-2015, 07:52 AM
Remember the headset trouble the Bills had during parts of the game? EJ had to come over to the sidelines to get the plays? Turns out EJ didn't change the batteries!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/25/buffalo-communication-issues-arose-from-dead-batteries/

OK, so EJ wasn't the one who was responsible for that but still you can't make this crap up if you tried.

Discotrish
10-26-2015, 08:20 AM
This is the definition of a strawman argument.

Cripes, we had TacklingDummy chirp on the GDT that EJ should be the starter based the one pass to Easley and after he threw a dozen in the dirt, another dozen overthrown, and a few more into the arms of the defense.

This is beyond dissonance. This is just plain stupid.

Also that early field goal should have been a touchdown had he hit the receiver in stride.

Patti

WagonCircler
10-26-2015, 09:03 AM
Remember the headset trouble the Bills had during parts of the game? EJ had to come over to the sidelines to get the plays? Turns out EJ didn't change the batteries!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/25/buffalo-communication-issues-arose-from-dead-batteries/

OK, so EJ wasn't the one who was responsible for that but still you can't make this crap up if you tried.

Keep digging.

djjimkelly
10-26-2015, 09:06 AM
this thread is not about EJ

this thread is about the team lost once again.

yes EJ played like **** for a 6 minute stretch he also played well enough to comeback

lost in all of this

romans play calls at the end of the game and LOL the 2 roll outs to the left will haunt me for some time

the whole thing is a mess.

tyrod hasnt looked that great except 2 games.

the defense is total crap now also.

this is systematic not 1 player

gebobs
10-26-2015, 09:10 AM
yes EJ played like **** for a 6 minute stretch
He played like crap the entire game. He lobbed a throw that Easley was able to run under. That was it.

he also played well enough to comeback
Obviously not.

ticatfan
10-26-2015, 09:26 AM
Taylor is a decent backup. Manuel is a detriment.Give Taylor time and I think he will work out or panic and keep losing for yrs to come.

Victor7
10-26-2015, 09:32 AM
He played well enough to comeback!

lol

If he plays error free no comeback is needed and we win by 14+

Aside from the 20 points he spotted the Jags he also ...

Threw a poor pass that would've been a td on our first drive. We ended up with 3 instead of 6.
Missed several open throws by throwing his vintage dirt throws.
Got lucky he wasn't picked off (again) on an endzone throw the Jags LB simply dropped
Got lucky the refs had blown the whistle on the QB sneak he couldn't convert.
As bad as the play call on 4th and 1 was Woods was there. But alas EJ decided to throw a late, inaccurate, soft lob that gave the Jags defender time to make a play. If the throw is an accurate zip liner we make it. But noooo EJ lofted it. Unreal.

Rich Gannon who knows a thing or two about QBing made several comments about EJ's inadequacy. The most telling one was

EJ Manuel is making the easy throws look difficult

djjimkelly
10-26-2015, 09:43 AM
NO ONE BUT EJ DID ANYTHING BAD YESTERDAY.

Mr. Pink
10-26-2015, 10:03 AM
Keep digging.

Keep digging?

Can you not see that this entire football team, coaching staff and front office is completely inept?

djjimkelly
10-26-2015, 10:48 AM
Keep digging?

Can you not see that this entire football team, coaching staff and front office is completely inept?

ill add in 1 more thing to blame EJ for

HE MADE THE BLUE JAYS LOSE!!!!!! david price cannot win a post season game because EJ exists

gebobs
10-26-2015, 11:15 AM
Give Taylor time and I think he will work out or panic and keep losing for yrs to come.

You're crazy. Taylor has backup potential. That's it.

gebobs
10-26-2015, 11:17 AM

HE MADE THE BLUE JAYS LOSE!!!!!! david price cannot win a post season game because EJ exists

Stop with all this nonsense.

k-oneputt
10-26-2015, 11:24 AM
He just can't face the fact that he is wrong and EJ sucks.
Just like Whaley. Move on and don't compound the stupid mistake.

Novacane
10-26-2015, 01:08 PM

If EJ's responsible for that at least he did something right!

djjimkelly
10-26-2015, 01:26 PM
Stop with all this nonsense.

team loss
coaching loss
horrible call loss
EJ loss
mccoy holding it like a loaf being reckless instead of smart loss

5 reasons we lost

trapezeus
10-26-2015, 01:40 PM
the team melted down in key spots as they have under tyrod. that is true. the fumbles, the mistakes, the FG when Td's were needed. that is largely on the coaches. but EJ owns this loss. he's 90% responsible because the bills still win that game with just shady's fumble and a few drops and miss plays. and they win by a significant margin. They can still overcome the penalities becaues they mostly did during this game.

And sure, EJ mades some plays, but at this stage, everyone does. to do it regularly and show progress from where you started is key. and i don't see anything that makes it seem like he will get it. being .500 in your first season is good at that time. but by year 3, if you are playing the worst team in football, you got to make it look easy. you can lose to the top teams and still show growth. but he got roughed up and beaten behind the shed for public viewing by the worst team in the last 5 years.

At the start of the year, i just thought that EJ needed to show that he was this guy or that he had upside. and having that view made me a homer to some. i have now seen enough in these two games to compare to his first year and the light isn't going on. and he knew he was being held to a higher standard having been removed in season last year and almost not making the team this year.

he's a good kid and i wish him well, but his role in life isn't starting QB in the nfl.

trapezeus
10-26-2015, 01:44 PM
team loss
coaching loss
horrible call loss
EJ loss

5 reasons we lost

team loss is odd because the d didn't give up a first down for like 20 minutes in that game to let them crawl back. team got an INT return and two point conversion.

the team tried its best to offset Ejs mistakes, but he directly gave up 14 points in 2 plays. and the momentum sucked out, resulted in another TD. momentum swings are hard to handle. and for a team so undisciplined and so emotional, they are more prone to swing with it, than being even keel about it. despite that, they found their ability with a goal line stand.

you have to admit that EJ is the top reason that game was lost.

second reason was that the d was merely average when its paid to be the best

3rd reason was execution sloppiness all around on offense (gragg being out of bounds, the wildcat snap for a loss, can't get1 yard in 3 plays.) offensive players carry a lot of this burden

4 is injuries
and 5 is penalties (but for every bad bills penalty, i thought there was a strange JAx call).

I also got the feeling the NFL wanted to make a game of it for Yahoo's benefit since they paid the money to host it. to me, that's the only way the wood's TD stands. "who cares, they are still losing and hopefully people don't turn it off and make yahoo unlikely to do it again"

Mr. Pink
10-26-2015, 01:58 PM
team loss
coaching loss
horrible call loss
EJ loss

5 reasons we lost

Don't forget not changing batteries so they could radio plays in.

That's first class incompetence.

gebobs
10-26-2015, 02:32 PM
team loss
coaching loss
horrible call loss
EJ loss

5 reasons we lost

I can name a hundred more. So what? EJ is, by far, the main reason we lost. Anyone that says otherwise either didn't watch the game, was drinking early, or is a complete moron.

Mr. Pink
10-26-2015, 03:11 PM
I can name a hundred more. So what? EJ is, by far, the main reason we lost. Anyone that says otherwise either didn't watch the game, was drinking early, or is a complete moron.

The main reason the Bills lost the game was the inability to stop a 7 play 84 yard drive near the end of the game...when they had the lead. The D makes a stop, the Bills win despite the idiotic play calling, despite EJ Manuel being garbage and despite whatever your 98 more are.

djjimkelly
10-26-2015, 03:52 PM
The main reason the Bills lost the game was the inability to stop a 7 play 84 yard drive near the end of the game...when they had the lead. The D makes a stop, the Bills win despite the idiotic play calling, despite EJ Manuel being garbage and despite whatever your 98 more are.

exactly what i was gonna put up

swiper
10-26-2015, 04:19 PM

Umm. No. The reason they lost was squarely the **** QB play. 100%. Period. Despite the crap defensive play. Any other QB would have won this game.

Mr. Pink
10-26-2015, 04:43 PM
Umm. No. The reason they lost was squarely the **** QB play. 100%. Period. Despite the crap defensive play. Any other QB would have won this game.

No? They weren't leading 31-27 at the start of that drive?

Make a stop and the game is over.

sudzy
10-26-2015, 04:50 PM
What has to happen before some of these homers wake up and realize EJ is NOT an NFL QB. You would think yesterday's game would be enough. Guess nothing will.

Mr. Pink
10-26-2015, 04:56 PM
What has to happen before some of these homers wake up and realize EJ is NOT an NFL QB. You would think yesterday's game would be enough. Guess nothing will.

When will some of these homers wake up and realize this football team doesn't have an NFL QB. An NFL HC. An NFL DC. An NFL OC. Or an NFL front office for that matter.

ticatfan
10-27-2015, 10:57 AM
You're crazy. Taylor has backup potential. That's it.
That’s the only way you can get better as a quarterback is to play in games and to understand the complexity of each game is going to be different.

gebobs
10-27-2015, 11:25 AM
That’s the only way you can get better as a quarterback is to play in games and to understand the complexity of each game is going to be different.

But it's no guarantee of improvement.

gebobs
10-27-2015, 11:57 AM
The main reason the Bills lost the game was the inability to stop a 7 play 84 yard drive near the end of the game...when they had the lead.

The main reason was one drive? That's utterly simplistic and myopic. Is the main reason the Bills lost Super Bowl XXV because Norwood pushed the kick? Hell no. The main reason that game as lost was because the defense couldn't get off the field with Walt "bend-but-don't-break" Corey's defense.

The D makes a stop, the Bills win despite the idiotic play calling, despite EJ Manuel being garbage and despite whatever your 98 more are.

Considering it was the defense that got them into that lead, I think you're being hypercritical. At any rate, despite the defense not pulling it out for EJ again, they might have on if Manuel hadn't FUBARed the last drive.

The ball on our 20, all three timeouts, TD wins, FG ties, against a mediocre defense. 2:16 should be more than enough to move the ball to the Jags 40 to get a shot. On 1st and 10 from the 32, EJ underthrows Woods in the middle of the field to the 41. A couple of unproductive runs later and you see classic EJ, rolling out left, displaying the horrid mechanics we all cringe at regularly when he's on the field, throws a bloop up that is easily batted away.

EJ spotted the jags 20 points. There's your mile high view of why the game was lost.

ticatfan
10-27-2015, 12:09 PM
But it's no guarantee of improvement.What they are doing now is not working. It is it seems that the bills are still being punished for benching Flutie.

Mr. Pink
10-27-2015, 12:41 PM
The main reason was one drive? That's utterly simplistic and myopic. Is the main reason the Bills lost Super Bowl XXV because Norwood pushed the kick? Hell no. The main reason that game as lost was because the defense couldn't get off the field with Walt "bend-but-don't-break" Corey's defense.

Considering it was the defense that got them into that lead, I think you're being hypercritical. At any rate, despite the defense not pulling it out for EJ again, they might have on if Manuel hadn't FUBARed the last drive.

The ball on our 20, all three timeouts, TD wins, FG ties, against a mediocre defense. 2:16 should be more than enough to move the ball to the Jags 40 to get a shot. On 1st and 10 from the 32, EJ underthrows Woods in the middle of the field to the 41. A couple of unproductive runs later and you see classic EJ, rolling out left, displaying the horrid mechanics we all cringe at regularly when he's on the field, throws a bloop up that is easily batted away.

EJ spotted the jags 20 points. There's your mile high view of why the game was lost.

The main reason the Bills lost Superbowl XXV was because of Jim Kelly. He couldn't put his own ego aside and in pursuit of stats called multiple 3 pass play and punt drives when Thurman Thomas was running all over the Giants.

And EJ fubared the final drive? The play calling fubared the final drive. Jam the line of scrimmage and call a run to McCoy, no gain. Jam the line of scrimmage and call a sneak, loss of one. Call a rollout to the left with a right handed QB who's already more than shown he can't throw worth a damn rolling left, floater knocked down. There's no reason to run that 2nd down play as a run period. Third down, there is still no reason to try a QB sneak. Fourth down, maybe is a good time to run that sneak but nope put in a playcall that you know your QB can't do instead because that's brilliant. Knowing your players? Why do that?

And EJ spotted them 14 or apparently thinking the defense can stop someone is too much to ask, never mind I already know it is, since you're already excusing them for giving up a 7 play 84 yard drive that won the game.

paladin warrior
10-27-2015, 03:18 PM
Should have Taylor played before 2min in the 4 th qrt .

gebobs
10-27-2015, 04:03 PM
And EJ fubared the final drive? The play calling fubared the final drive. Jam the line of scrimmage and call a run to McCoy, no gain. Jam the line of scrimmage and call a sneak, loss of one. Call a rollout to the left with a right handed QB who's already more than shown he can't throw worth a damn rolling left, floater knocked down. There's no reason to run that 2nd down play as a run period. Third down, there is still no reason to try a QB sneak. Fourth down, maybe is a good time to run that sneak but nope put in a playcall that you know your QB can't do instead because that's brilliant. Knowing your players? Why do that?

I have no problem giving Roman his due, but play calling aside, execution sucked. Even as you say, Manuel is incapable of making that rollout play. Damn Roman for calling it, if it was indeed his call, but for god sake a first rounder, a starting quarterback has to be able to do that. If not, they suck and they should not be starting.

And let's not forget the short pass to Woods on first down that put them in that position. Hit him in stride and move the chains. But Manuel put it at his feet.

And EJ spotted them 14 or apparently thinking the defense can stop someone is too much to ask, never mind I already know it is, since you're already excusing them for giving up a 7 play 84 yard drive that won the game.

If that's the impression you got, let me assure I don't. The defense gets a nice big, fat feck you from me for that no matter the ref's ridiculous DPI call.

The point is, Manuel is far and away why we lost. He's not the only reason we lost, but he is the main reason. If you could go back in time and change one player to materially affect the outcome of that game, who would it be? For my money, it's Manuel...obviously. If you don't agree, then I don't know what to say. He was putrid. If not for garbage time beginning in the second quarter, there's no way we would have come back and his stats would have been in the toilet.

sudzy
10-27-2015, 04:22 PM
When will some of these homers wake up and realize this football team doesn't have an NFL QB. An NFL HC. An NFL DC. An NFL OC. Or an NFL front office for that matter.

You may very well be right. So, why are you arguing so passionately on EJ's behalf.

Victor7
10-27-2015, 04:37 PM
I have no problem giving Roman his due, but play calling aside, execution sucked. Even as you say, Manuel is incapable of making that rollout play. Damn Roman for calling it, if it was indeed his call, but for god sake a first rounder, a starting quarterback has to be able to do that. If not, they suck and they should not be starting.

And let's not forget the short pass to Woods on first down that put them in that position. Hit him in stride and move the chains. But Manuel put it at his feet.

Exactly

A decent throw on 1st down and Woods doesn't get tackled a yard short. As usual though Manuel threw low.

Same with the roll out play. Nobody will argue that the call is really stupid. Even Rich Gannon couldn't stop talking about it. But as stupid as it was the play was there. But then of course Manuel threw a slow lob behind Woods making it a playable ball for the defense. If he throws a dart to the numbers its a 1st down.

He's soooo bad. I can't understand people that defend him. Its unreal.

Mr. Pink
10-27-2015, 06:33 PM
You may very well be right. So, why are you arguing so passionately on EJ's behalf.

All I'm doing is showing how Manuel and Taylor are equally trash...especially since several on this board have anointed Tyrod QB of the future already. KneeJ is complete garbage. I know it, you know and apparently everyone who didn't realize it before this past weekend finally figured it out. He was complete garbage when he was in FSU. The same stuff he couldn't do there, he can't do here. If you really think I'm defending EJ at all, look at some of my post history, even from 2 years ago about that bum.

About that play call in specific since a couple of people are apparently dumbfounded that EJ couldn't make that play, plenty of NFL QBs struggle with that play since it's all arm with no way to plant and follow through the throw. It's also why throwing against your body is frowned upon at the NFL level.

gebobs
10-27-2015, 09:51 PM
All I'm doing is showing how Manuel and Taylor are equally trash...especially since several on this board have anointed Tyrod QB of the future already. KneeJ is complete garbage. I know it, you know and apparently everyone who didn't realize it before this past weekend finally figured it out. He was complete garbage when he was in FSU. The same stuff he couldn't do there, he can't do here. If you really think I'm defending EJ at all, look at some of my post history, even from 2 years ago about that bum.

About that play call in specific since a couple of people are apparently dumbfounded that EJ couldn't make that play, plenty of NFL QBs struggle with that play since it's all arm with no way to plant and follow through the throw. It's also why throwing against your body is frowned upon at the NFL level.
No...in the game day thread you were agreeing that EJ should be the starter. They are not equally bad. Manuel is garbage. Taylor is not the qb of the future. Stop throwing out that strawman. If anyone says that, they are an idiot. But he could get this team this win. He could get them to the playoffs with any luck. Manuel cant, never, sucks, embarrasment, spawn of an unholy union between AVP and Todd Marijuanivich.

The Bills success this year, whatever they can salvage, hinges on how much they will have to depend on that jackalope. He is the backup, but come January, it is time to cut bait and run. He will be flipping burgers come July.