PDA

View Full Version : I HATE RUSS BRANDON

more cowbell
10-26-2015, 11:49 AM
Feel the rush!

BuffaloRedleg
10-26-2015, 12:47 PM
The bottom line is there aren't enough QBs to go around. That's all that matters in this league for winning a championship. I'm done with this.

Until they fix the college QB pipeline this league will always be in the hands of those lucky enough to find a QB.

trapezeus
10-26-2015, 01:32 PM
15 years with him in constantly promoted positions is a huge black eye for any organization.
and now he has his fingers in the sabres.

The guy is the definition of entitled. anything that has positive traction, he takes the credit. anything that fails, it has some excuse where it wasn't his fault.

he's a baseball guy who should never have been in the roles and positions he was in.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-26-2015, 01:37 PM
you guys are repeating what i said last week where I got lambasted.

I'll say it one more time. F*** Russ f****** Brandon

Joe Fo Sho
10-26-2015, 01:41 PM
Does anybody actually know what his job description is? What exactly is he in charge of?

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-26-2015, 01:50 PM
Does anybody actually know what his job description is? What exactly is he in charge of?

yea, f***ing up the organization and get promotions the worse it does.

Joe Fo Sho
10-26-2015, 01:56 PM
yea, f***ing up the organization and get promotions the worse it does.

That seems highly doubtful.

Mr. Pink
10-26-2015, 01:57 PM

Selling the fanbase on an inferior product year after year...he's quite successful at it.

It's worked every year he's been here.

more cowbell
10-26-2015, 02:05 PM
you guys are repeating what i said last week where I got lambasted.

I'll say it one more time. F*** Russ f****** Brandon

Love everything about this.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-26-2015, 02:07 PM
That seems highly doubtful.

Not his official title but that does appear what he gets paid to do

but to answer your question I'm not sure what his actual title is. I do not think he is president and ceo anymore but I could be mistaken

more cowbell
10-26-2015, 02:09 PM

He is the President of both the Bills and now the Sabres. He sells a hot steaming pile of garbage to us for the past 15 years, and has been promoted several times for it.

He is Satan.

WagonCircler
10-26-2015, 02:13 PM
The bottom line is there aren't enough QBs to go around. That's all that matters in this league for winning a championship. I'm done with this.

Until they fix the college QB pipeline this league will always be in the hands of those lucky enough to find a QB.

Here's the problem, Red. Brandon's boy Whaley hasn't even bothered to draft a QB in the two drafts since EJ Manuel.

He's blown first rounders like a sailor on leave to try to bolster EJ, and he has failed miserably.

If you're going to be careless with first round draft choice, you do so pursuing a QB, not trying to put lipstick on a pig by getting him a fancy receiver.

Brandon's boy Whaley gambled, failed, tripled down, failed.

He needs to go away. And so does the guy who hired him.

coastal
10-26-2015, 02:21 PM
Russ Brandon is living proof that you can be a total bullsh1ter and still "make it big."

Night Train
10-26-2015, 02:36 PM

Good post.

The NFL already funds the CFL and should use them as their new developmental league.

College will not change since the athletic QB wins big at that level and the AD's and coaches could care less about the players once their eligibility is up.

WagonCircler
10-26-2015, 02:46 PM
College will not change since the athletic QB wins big at that level and the AD's and coaches could care less about the players once their eligibility is up.

This.

But Whaley can't seem to figure out that athletic QBs with slow eyes cannot succeed at the NFL level.

Whaley is a man totally devoid of nuance. He's simple. Draft players from big schools with winning records who put up great combine numbers.

The Bills not only lose most of the time, but they're outsmarted almost all the time.

It's an embarrassment.

Joe Fo Sho
10-26-2015, 02:50 PM
Selling the fanbase on an inferior product year after year...he's quite successful at it.

But what part of the 'inferior product' does he have control over? That's my question.

Not his official title but that does appear what he gets paid to do

but to answer your question I'm not sure what his actual title is. I do not think he is president and ceo anymore but I could be mistaken

I don't know either, and yes that 'appears' to be what he does. Or at least that's what he did.

He is the President of both the Bills and now the Sabres. He sells a hot steaming pile of garbage to us for the past 15 years, and has been promoted several times for it.

He is Satan.

Ok, so he sells us the garbage. Does he have control over what kind of garbage he gets to sell? Is he just given a piece of trash and told to sell it? If that's the case, he's doing a hell of a job. I know he used to have control over the trash, but does he still?

I'm not trying to defend the guy, I just don't know what he does or if what he does is evident on Sunday afternoons anymore.

BuffaloRedleg
10-26-2015, 03:08 PM
Here's the problem, Red. Brandon's boy Whaley hasn't even bothered to draft a QB in the two drafts since EJ Manuel.

He's blown first rounders like a sailor on leave to try to bolster EJ, and he has failed miserably.

If you're going to be careless with first round draft choice, you do so pursuing a QB, not trying to put lipstick on a pig by getting him a fancy receiver.

Brandon's boy Whaley gambled, failed, tripled down, failed.

He needs to go away. And so does the guy who hired him.

You may be right about all of that but I still don't think there is such thing as a good GM in a sport like this.

There are the ones who were lucky enough to get a QB, and the ones who aren't.

It's the only thing I can think of that is left.

We do the same thing every year. Fire everyone. Change everyone. None of it works.

There is systematically something about this game that denies an overwhelming majority of teams the ability to have success.

Until that is fixed I'm done.

Mr. Pink
10-26-2015, 03:18 PM
You may be right about all of that but I still don't think there is such thing as a good GM in a sport like this.

There are the ones who were lucky enough to get a QB, and the ones who aren't.

It's the only thing I can think of that is left.

We do the same thing every year. Fire everyone. Change everyone. None of it works.

There is systematically something about this game that denies an overwhelming majority of teams the ability to have success.

Until that is fixed I'm done.

That will never be fixed.

There isn't enough talented human beings that actually pursue or have the ability to pursue an NFL career at QB.

So you either get basically winning the lottery type of luck and get Brady or Russell Wilson or you just completely suck and end up with Andrew Luck. The days of being able to grab a generational talent in round 2 like Montana are pretty much gone as every team have extensive scouting departments and various technological advances from 35 years ago.

I am glad to see that I'm not the only one who doesn't believe the illusion of parity the NFL tries to portray though.

trapezeus
10-26-2015, 03:29 PM
when you have an organization in any field where it is a laggard and the management never changes but keeps trying the wrong thing at the wrong time, it takes a huge toll on the culture of the organization. the talented people see this and use the company as a stepping stone to get somewhere else. the laggards stick around because they see failure isn't an issue. so they game it to do the least and hope for the best.

As long as a president of the team is a complete failure and keeps getting praise from the owner, you are going to have a team that lags behind the rest of the NFL.

This isn't football wisdom. It's simple Org Behavior 101. HE must have been granted some small portion of the bills by the wilsons which makes buying him out prohibitive. it's the only answer i can believe on why he is still employed after the sale.

Meathead
10-26-2015, 03:31 PM
im mad as hell and i demand vengeance

rabble rabble rabble

give me a target any target and i will insist they suffer so that i feel better for no good reason

rabble rabble rabble

they took our jerbs

Mr. Pink
10-26-2015, 03:32 PM
when you have an organization in any field where it is a laggard and the management never changes but keeps trying the wrong thing at the wrong time, it takes a huge toll on the culture of the organization. the talented people see this and use the company as a stepping stone to get somewhere else. the laggards stick around because they see failure isn't an issue. so they game it to do the least and hope for the best.

As long as a president of the team is a complete failure and keeps getting praise from the owner, you are going to have a team that lags behind the rest of the NFL.

This isn't football wisdom. It's simple Org Behavior 101. HE must have been granted some small portion of the bills by the wilsons which makes buying him out prohibitive. it's the only answer i can believe on why he is still employed after the sale.

If the Pegulas didn't like him, didn't like what he brought to the table or thought he was a complete and utter fool who doomed the Bills franchise they wouldn't have given him the same type of role on the Sabres.

Or

They're complete morons themselves.

You pick which you think is worse.

Night Train
10-26-2015, 03:42 PM
He's the President but his focus now is strictly business and marketing for both teams. He has zero to do with the football or hockey side.

Since the stadium and arena are both packed solid, the possibility of him getting fired is as likely as Kate Upton making a cold call to my house and begging me to marry her....although I do have caller ID on the TV.. (fingers crossed).

swiper
10-26-2015, 04:31 PM
This.

But Whaley can't seem to figure out that athletic QBs with slow eyes cannot succeed at the NFL level.

Whaley is a man totally devoid of nuance. He's simple. Draft players from big schools with winning records who put up great combine numbers.

The Bills not only lose most of the time, but they're outsmarted almost all the time.

It's an embarrassment.

True all of this. But the fact is college football isn't changing it's run and shoot-type plays. There are rare blue-chip players like Andrew Luck. It's so hard to find a guy outside of a sure thing who will make it if drafting after, say, the top ten picks. Smart guys like Parcells have "rules" about what kind of player to draft. But that all fails. How many all-pro QBs did he draft using his rules? It's a crap shoot.

So, like you said, (at least right now) the best way of increasing your odds of finding a franchise guy is to just draft a bunch of QBs. Look at what the Redskins are doing with Cousins, having given up on RGIII. And they brought in Colt McCoy. THAT is how you have to do it.

The Bills almost never draft QBs.

But moreover, the NFL has to recognize the dearth of QBs and make some changes. Give each team a roster exemption to keep 2 developmental QBs on the roster above and beyond what they carry on their active roster and/or their practice squad. Give some kids some clipboard time to watch and learn for awhile. Let them work with coaches in the off-season. Like that.

And the Bills? They just have to get rid of Whaley. Anybody can draft linebackers.

feldspar
10-26-2015, 10:08 PM
He's the President but his focus now is strictly business and marketing for both teams. He has zero to do with the football or hockey side.

Yeah, but they gotta lash out and blame somebody blindly to put a finer point on their feelings. Maybe they should just go whole-hog and hate God...go all the way to the top.

Meathead
10-26-2015, 11:58 PM
well god obviously already hates us

Mike
10-27-2015, 04:15 AM

Homers complaining and blaming Russ Brandon for the Bills failures are the same people that get duped into sending thousands of dollars to Nigeria so they can collect their lottery winnings...and after it happens a few more times they realize that something is wrong and blame the Nigerian 'Guy' for not being honest with them...

Joe Fo Sho
10-27-2015, 06:12 AM

Since the stadium and arena are both packed solid, the possibility of him getting fired is as likely as Kate Upton making a cold call to my house and begging me to marry her....although I do have caller ID on the TV.. (fingers crossed).

Sooo...there's absolutely no reason to call for the guys head right now?

BuffaloRedleg
10-27-2015, 06:45 PM
True all of this. But the fact is college football isn't changing it's run and shoot-type plays. There are rare blue-chip players like Andrew Luck. It's so hard to find a guy outside of a sure thing who will make it if drafting after, say, the top ten picks. Smart guys like Parcells have "rules" about what kind of player to draft. But that all fails. How many all-pro QBs did he draft using his rules? It's a crap shoot.

So, like you said, (at least right now) the best way of increasing your odds of finding a franchise guy is to just draft a bunch of QBs. Look at what the Redskins are doing with Cousins, having given up on RGIII. And they brought in Colt McCoy. THAT is how you have to do it.

The Bills almost never draft QBs.

But moreover, the NFL has to recognize the dearth of QBs and make some changes. Give each team a roster exemption to keep 2 developmental QBs on the roster above and beyond what they carry on their active roster and/or their practice squad. Give some kids some clipboard time to watch and learn for awhile. Let them work with coaches in the off-season. Like that.

And the Bills? They just have to get rid of Whaley. Anybody can draft linebackers.

It's an impossible situation though. You can't really expect GMs to just keep drafting QBs over and over. I would and so would you, but our jobs aren't under the gun every year. They have the angry masses to cater to.

That's why I really like what Murray did with the Sabres. It was truly genius and executed flawlessly (even if we only got the #2 guy).

You just can't do that in football. Too much attention and scrutiny. You're forced to just grasp at straws until you are fired. Every week you'd be on PTI and they'd be arguing whether Alabama could beat you, embarrassing the owner and fans.

I don't know what the average tenure of a GM in this league but I bet it directly correlates to whether or not they got lucky and got a QB.

It's a broken sport, and they broke it in the name of making things more entertaining. What the idiot masses don't understand that although it got more "entertaining" it is now over-refereed and lopsided in terms of the talent required to win. They basically insured their own failure unless they get lucky and get a QB.

swiper
10-28-2015, 12:43 PM
It's certainly a broke sport. Used to be so great.