PDA

View Full Version : cragg out of bounds

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-26-2015, 04:41 PM
I was still in church when the game started so I did not see the play that cragg went out of bounds and caught the pass.
I did not know about it until i saw it mentioned here
so i googled it
and watched the play
Now... between all us on this forum there must be about 2 million hours of football watched
between all of us on this forum there must be thousands of quarters of football played
between all my years of playing football in high school, and my brief stint in the NFL (ok, the NFL thing only happened in my head)
and watching my son play high school and College football.....
HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN that happen before? EVER!!???
now I've seen receivers catch a ball heading out of bounds, I've seen receivers reach out of bounds to try to make the catch...
but in the history of all our football experience has anyone here EVER seen a receiver run a route, and turn and set for a catch WITH NO ONE AROUND HIM...... STANDING IN THE PAINT FOR GODS SAKE!!!?????

are these guys the STUPIDEST football dimwits to ever suit up?
This play symbolizes how inept this whole team is and how undisciplined they are!

YardRat
10-26-2015, 06:25 PM
Berman just skewered the team for that on the MNF pregame :sad:.

Thurmal
10-26-2015, 06:52 PM
The lettering on the sideline was weird. I can see how, if you're looking at it with peripheral vision, it could look like the field of play.

feldspar
10-26-2015, 06:57 PM
I was still in church when the game started...

Shoulda prayed harder.

SpikedLemonade
10-26-2015, 07:04 PM
I have never seen it before.

Typ0
10-26-2015, 07:04 PM
This was such an asinine thing to watch. The JAGS are so bad. They desperately tried to give us the game...but we were worse. It was an embarrassment.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-26-2015, 07:10 PM
Lost in the Manuel implosion was that Gragg might have played his way out of the league. Maybe give Nick O' Leary a shot with the bigs

feldspar
10-26-2015, 07:11 PM
The lettering on the sideline was weird. I can see how, if you're looking at it with peripheral vision, it could look like the field of play.

I can't see that on the sidelines with Gragg. I think it was just bone-headed lack of awareness, myself.

But remember that Bills kickoff after their fieldgoal right before halftime? There was less than 10 seconds left. The Jags player kind of kneeled down in the front part of the endzone and then took it out looking confused, and then tried to kneel down again in the field of play? I think the returner got confused because the "Jaguars" lettering in the end zone was not filled in with any coloring. Just a white outline of the word "Jaguars" and the normal green color of the field inside that.

I was thinking at the time that he probably saw the white outline of "jaguars" and mistook that for the goal-line and, in effect, couldn't tell where he was. That was a little crazy looking, and I first thought and hoped he was making a huge mistake we could benefit from.

But not to be long-winded or boring...

Typ0
10-26-2015, 07:12 PM
Why the rationalizations? The guy was standing there....wide open...out of bounds. WTF.

bleve
10-26-2015, 07:17 PM
I would add that as a Bingo square, but I don't think it'll ever happen again.

feldspar
10-26-2015, 07:19 PM
Why the rationalizations? The guy was standing there....wide open...out of bounds. WTF.

Lol, there were people in the fourth row in the stands wide open too. MAybe EJ could hit them if he aimed for Gragg.

Seriously, that was a big missed opportunity though

Typ0
10-26-2015, 07:22 PM
Lol, there were people in the fourth row in the stands wide open too. MAybe EJ could hit them if he aimed for Gragg.

Seriously, that was a big missed opportunity though

Come to think of it...maybe more receivers should work the out of bounds area perhaps Manuel could get them the ball.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-26-2015, 07:55 PM
Come to think of it...maybe more receivers should work the out of bounds area perhaps Manuel could get them the ball.

Well, Watkins wants more targets so he's going where the ball is.

jimmifli
10-26-2015, 09:09 PM
We have to find new ways to suck. We've tried most ways of sucking already, so I'm glad to see someone demonstrate a little creativity.

Can't wait to see what they come up with next. Maybe a drop kick out of bounds penalty? Has that ever happened?

feldspar
10-26-2015, 09:16 PM
We have to find new ways to suck. We've tried most ways of sucking already, so I'm glad to see someone demonstrate a little creativity.

Can't wait to see what they come up with next. Maybe a drop kick out of bounds penalty? Has that ever happened?

Maybe we can try to top what the Colts did against the Patriots on that 4th-down play. If you didn't see it, I can't really describe it. Dumbest **** ever, except for maybe a ridiculously muscled Carrot Top wearing mascara and strange alien eyebrows.

Ed
10-26-2015, 09:29 PM
After that play my very first thought was, "I've never seen that before in my life."

Topas
10-27-2015, 01:38 AM
It is pretty clear what happened. Gragg knows that EJ usually targets the hospitality tent or some other places outside the field so he made a heads-up play to go where the ball will be. I have no problem with that...

swiper
10-27-2015, 02:55 AM
Gragg has just about played himself out of the league at this point. He wasn't getting any yac anyway - which was frustrating enough to watch.

djjimkelly
10-27-2015, 09:17 AM
I was still in church when the game started so I did not see the play that cragg went out of bounds and caught the pass.
I did not know about it until i saw it mentioned here
so i googled it
and watched the play
Now... between all us on this forum there must be about 2 million hours of football watched
between all of us on this forum there must be thousands of quarters of football played
between all my years of playing football in high school, and my brief stint in the NFL (ok, the NFL thing only happened in my head)
and watching my son play high school and College football.....
HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN that happen before? EVER!!???
now I've seen receivers catch a ball heading out of bounds, I've seen receivers reach out of bounds to try to make the catch...
but in the history of all our football experience has anyone here EVER seen a receiver run a route, and turn and set for a catch WITH NO ONE AROUND HIM...... STANDING IN THE PAINT FOR GODS SAKE!!!?????

are these guys the STUPIDEST football dimwits to ever suit up?
This play symbolizes how inept this whole team is and how undisciplined they are!

that route was once again EJ's fault lol

Victor7
10-27-2015, 09:40 AM
lol

Lots of funny posts in here

Awful play by Gragg. I agree the lettering on the field was weird but that's no excuse for that to happen.

Never seen it happen before either. Then again its Chris Gragg. Maybe next week he'll catch a pass and try to drop kick it through the goal posts rugby style.

Novacane
10-27-2015, 08:12 PM
They are the dumbest Bills team I can remember.

Skooby
10-27-2015, 10:40 PM
I've seen more intelligence in the fruit belt versus our squad, McKelvin being the most verbally challenged player I've ever heard. No chance he gets a taunting penalty at all, no one could decipher a single word he's spoken (honestly).

stuckincincy
10-28-2015, 04:05 AM
Oh, just give it to 'em! :p:

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/6/16/2225057/buffalo-bills-walk-off-foxboro-patriots

gebobs
10-28-2015, 02:58 PM
that route was once again EJ's fault lol

New thread coming up: Was This Post The Worst Post In BillsZone History?

gebobs
10-28-2015, 03:07 PM
I agree the lettering on the field was weird
The announcers said something to this effect. Another person here said the same thing. I don't get it. What am I missing? The field was green. Out of bounds was white. There were big ol' hash marks on the sideline like any other sideline you've ever seen. How does anyone confuse those green letters on white background with white lines on green background? I just don't get it.

I guess we just have to chock it up to another Bills FUBAR. Bills pride!

IlluminatusUIUC
10-28-2015, 03:32 PM
The announcers said something to this effect. Another person here said the same thing. I don't get it. What am I missing? The field was green. Out of bounds was white. There were big ol' hash marks on the sideline like any other sideline you've ever seen. How does anyone confuse those green letters on white background with white lines on green background? I just don't get it.

It doesn't excuse Gragg's mistake, but the field wasn't painted the usual way this week. They were trying to add some of the endzone and sideline colors digitally, the way they do the first down marker.

Victor7
10-28-2015, 06:14 PM

The letters on the white out of bounds part were green. The same as the playing field. Looked weird to me.

Not excusing Gragg AT ALL. He's a moron. But it did look sort of funky.

Forward_Lateral
10-29-2015, 01:18 PM
He clearly had 2 feet out, and one head in. In his ass.

BertSquirtgum
10-29-2015, 10:28 PM
I would add that as a Bingo square, but I don't think it'll ever happen again.

It shouldn't because he should be inactive every week after that. Unless someone else gets injured and can't play.

Oaf
10-29-2015, 10:39 PM
Drive should have already been a TD if not for a terrible throw on that out-n-up. And then he threw the corner route OOB on 3rd down too. These are throws I could've made.

Buddo
10-31-2015, 04:49 AM
People complain about Manuel 'missing' a wide open Gragg in the game, well I wonder why? Could be something of a 'trust' issue there.

I was at the game, and it was a very 'WTF' moment. I was there with a very good friend of mine, who doesn't know so much about football, but his comment was 'did he just do what I think he did?' - 'what an idiot'.

swiper
10-31-2015, 05:12 AM
Who is Cragg anyway?