PDA

View Full Version : Texans release Ryan Mallet

BertSquirtgum
10-27-2015, 10:21 AM
Bring him in for a visit?

Skooby
10-27-2015, 10:24 AM
Instantly, we need a QB here besides Tyrod who won't completely throw the game away.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-27-2015, 10:35 AM
The guy can't show up on time. Dareus should give him driving lessons.

- - - Updated - - -

Instantly, we need a QB here besides Tyrod who won't completely throw the game away.

Yes, but we're talking about Ryan Mallett.

trapezeus
10-27-2015, 10:40 AM
mallett is a different trainwreck waiting to happen. adding another broken qb doesn't make our situation better.

Mr. Pink
10-27-2015, 10:43 AM
Yes!

Let's sign a guy who's even worse than EJ, good plan!

Mr. Pink
10-27-2015, 10:46 AM
I think Joe Webb is still available, maybe give him a call.

Since we're scraping bottom of the barrel here and all.

Bill Cody
10-27-2015, 10:51 AM
It might be good marketing. We could have T Mobile and R Immobile. Maybe put em both in the backfield, snap to one if you want to run wildcat, the other if you want to take a sack. Who's with me?

Joe Fo Sho
10-27-2015, 10:55 AM
I guess the real question is, would rather lose with EJ or lose with Mallet?

If we were to sign Mallet, our bye week would be the time to do it. Although Rex would probably give Mallet this week off, not that he would be able to make it to Buffalo on time anyway.

OpIv37
10-27-2015, 10:55 AM
The question is whether or not he's better than Josh Johnson. If he is we should bring him in, but I honestly don't know enough about either guy to know if that's the case.

k-oneputt
10-27-2015, 11:15 AM
Mallet is a headcase but there is no denying he has physical skills and can make NFL throws, unlike EJ.
EJ is the nice guy but physically can't get the job done.

Give me Mallet. At least he will give you a fighting chance to win, if you can get him to the game on time.
I honestly think the Bills beat Jax if Mallet was the qb.

ticatfan
10-27-2015, 11:24 AM
Doing the same mistake as the argos, always looking to bring in a winner. Instead taking some time to develop your own.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-27-2015, 11:27 AM
Mallet is a headcase but there is no denying he has physical skills and can make NFL throws, unlike EJ.

Give me Mallet. At least he will give you a fighting chance to win, if you can get him to the game on time.

When has Mallett demonstrated he can make NFL throws?

The grass isn't always greener. Mallett sucks.

k-oneputt
10-27-2015, 11:29 AM
Doing the same mistake as the argos, always looking to bring in a winner. Instead taking some time to develop your own.
Problem is EJ isn't that guy.

k-oneputt
10-27-2015, 11:30 AM
When has Mallett demonstrated he can make NFL throws?

The grass isn't always greener. Mallett sucks.

You haven't watch him throw then. You can't cay he cannot throw it.
EJ for a big guy throws like a little pussy.

OpIv37
10-27-2015, 11:33 AM

Huh? Todd Collins, Losman, Edwards, EJ. The Bills have tried to develop their own. They just haven't faired any better than when they try to bring someone in.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-27-2015, 11:34 AM
You haven't watch him throw then. You can't cay he cannot throw it.
EJ for a big guy throws like a little pussy.

What I have seen of him, I've seen a ton of the same wild throws and bad decisions that plague EJ. And at least Manuel can operate an alarm clock.

Bill Cody
10-27-2015, 11:34 AM

If we're going to lose I want to subtract douche bags not add them. Mallet has never been able to handle adversity. Not in college, not in the pros. He has an arm. It's not enough.

k-oneputt
10-27-2015, 12:14 PM
The best teams the Bills had were full of douche bags. That's not the point.
Is he a better option to win a game for the Bills then EJ ?

Mr. Miyagi
10-27-2015, 12:44 PM
EJ = Medium-Low on talent / High on character

Mallet = Medium on talent / Low on character

No thanks. I'll rather have someone who's at least trying.

Mr. Cynical
10-27-2015, 12:45 PM
The telling sign for me is Bellicheat traded him for a 7th. Not too many players that get released/traded for a song by BB turn out to be diamonds in the rough. Funny though, I was actually kind of upset when they drafted him. I watched his highlight reels and the guy def has a rocket arm. And at 6'6" he has the height. But I guess even the mighty Pats* make draft mistakes.

Still, all that said, from what I've read he is immature and lazy. Both of those are "fixable", if given the right motivation. Not saying I'd want to deal with that, but....

Bill Cody
10-27-2015, 01:19 PM
The best teams the Bills had were full of douche bags. That's not the point.
Is he a better option to win a game for the Bills then EJ ?

If you're asking my opinion the answer is no. NFL football isn't Madden. It's the ultimate team game. If your QB is not a leader he is literally worthless. Mallet isn't. Case closed.

Night Train
10-27-2015, 02:33 PM
The locker room would reject him.

streetkings01
10-27-2015, 02:43 PM
Houston writers say he only knows one speed , doesn't know how to take the heat off the ball. I watched the Texans/Indy game.......have to agree , he was throwing lasers to Foster on dumpoffs.

sudzy
10-27-2015, 02:46 PM
Yes!

Let's sign a guy who's even worse than EJ, good plan!

Mallet is worse then EJ? Which game did Mallet turn the ball over three times in like six play leading to three touchdowns for the other team? Hate to break it to you Pinky, as fond as you are of Manuel, he's done in the NFL. Time to move on.

Victor7
10-27-2015, 04:51 PM
Pass

Dude's a total head case.

Call Orton and beg him to unretire.

Mr. Pink
10-27-2015, 06:44 PM
Mallet is worse then EJ? Which game did Mallet turn the ball over three times in like six play leading to three touchdowns for the other team? Hate to break it to you Pinky, as fond as you are of Manuel, he's done in the NFL. Time to move on.

Some people make this way too easy, when did Ryan Mallet give away a game?

How about this year against the Panthers? 27 of 58 1 TD 1 INT.

Down 24-17, time running out, 2nd and 10 from the Panther 14 yard line. Mallett goes stupid and takes an intentional ground penalty losing 12 yards. 2 players later, he misses DeAndre Hopkins in the end zone on 4th and 16 and game over.

Mallett also has an impressive 53.1 completion percentage this year which makes his career number and has thrown more INTs than TDs in his career. Oh yeah his stellar 5.25 yards per attempt draws fear in the eyes of the opposition.

Just because EJ Manuel is bad, doesn't mean there are plenty of guys in the league who are actually worse than him.