X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

5 Team AFC Wildcard Race

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Division winners look like a lock.

New England, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, and Denver.

5 teams are battling for 2 wildcard playoff spots.

Steelers 4-3
    Jets 4-2
    Raiders 3-3
    Dolphins 3-3
    Bills 3-4

9 games remain. The Steelers still have to play the Bengals twice, Seattle and Denver.
    The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

10 games remain. The Jets still have to play the Bills twice, the Giants, Miami, and New England again.

10 games remain. The Raiders have a difficult schedule ahead.

10 games remain. The Dolphins have the most difficult remaining schedule, but Week 17 against the Pats probably won't mean much to the Patriots.

9 games remain. The Bills have the, "easiest," schedule out of all 5 teams.

Looking like 9-7 will be good enough to get in to the playoffs this year.

Divisional games matter most.

Steelers, Raiders, Dolphins, Jets and Bills.

Pick 2.

Steelers (5th seed), Bills (6th seed).
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: 5 Team AFC Wildcard Race

The Bills are more likely to lose the rest of their games than to make the playoffs.

If you think this squad in the tailspin that they are in are gonna go on a run where they win 7 of 9 games you're in fantasy land.

Comment

• Scumbag College
      • Oct 2002

Get healthy and win the first two games against the Phins and Jets after the bye...then we can daydream about this being a potential playoff team.
      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• BillsImpossible
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
        The Bills are more likely to lose the rest of their games than to make the playoffs.

If you think this squad in the tailspin that they are in are gonna go on a run where they win 7 of 9 games you're in fantasy land.
        6 out of 9 with a healthy and well rested Taylor, Watkins, Harvin, Henderson, Karlos Williams, and Miller is not dreaming.

7 out of 9 is fantasy land, yes, but it's not impossible in today's NFL.

Had the Bills been totally healthy for the entire season so far, they'd be in the Wildcard drivers seat right now.

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
          6 out of 9 with a healthy and well rested Taylor, Watkins, Harvin, Henderson, Karlos Williams, and Miller is not dreaming.

7 out of 9 is fantasy land, yes, but it's not impossible in today's NFL.

Had the Bills been totally healthy for the entire season so far, they'd be in the Wildcard drivers seat right now.
          Would they? What if Rothlisberger, Pouncey and the rest of the Steelers were healty for the entire season?

Comment

• BillsImpossible
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by EDS View Post
            Would they? What if Rothlisberger, Pouncey and the rest of the Steelers were healty for the entire season?
            They would probably have a better record than they have today, just like the Bills.

What's your point?

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
              • Sep 2004

I've said all along, 9-7 will get you in this year. The only way this happens for us, is we get most everyone back next weekend, especially Taylor and Watkins. (Miller should def be back, obv.)

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Phins look much better than us now, so I'd like to see how we do against them before even thinking about this. We couldn't beat the Jags on a neutral field, so this seems like a dream.

Comment

• chris66
                  • Sep 2006

Bills havent strung consecutive wins yet this year and you expect them to go 7-2 down the stretch.
                  Right now Miami has a better shot than the Bills.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                    Phins look much better than us now, so I'd like to see how we do against them before even thinking about this. We couldn't beat the Jags on a neutral field, so this seems like a dream.
                    Its crazy how we can literally destroy the Phins and Colts, yet a couple weeks later the Phins do look better than us.

I do think once we get healthy (mostly Tyrod, Sammy, Karlos and John Miller) we will be a much better team. I feel like our D is getting gassed from being on the field so long since our O can't put together a drive to save their lives.

Comment

• Topas
                      German smartass
                      • Feb 2014

I think we are more close to the race for the first overall pick than we are to the playoffs...

Comment

• Victor7
                        • Jul 2013

The fact that we have the easiest schedule scares the **** out of me. You just know the Bills specialize in making the possible impossible.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

Playoffs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Comment

• sukie
                            Seriously?
                            • Sep 2012

Of all the teams we play of this so called "easy" schedule, How many don't consider their schedule easy because it contains "Buffalo"?

Comment

• Ed
                              Dude
                              • Sep 2002

I'm not sure I buy the Dolphins suddenly being a good team again just because they beat a couple terrible teams coming off of their bye. I think they'll get smacked back to reality tomorrow night. I'm assuming/hoping the Bills will be a lot healthier when they host the fins, and I still expect a win if that's the case. At that point the fins would be 3-5 and have lost the tie-breaker with the Bills. With a tough remaining schedule they would almost be out of it.

I expect the Raiders to start fading quickly and drop out of the playoff discussion, but I'll be rooting for them to beat the Jets and Steelers over the next couple weeks.

The Steelers have a pretty tough schedule and I still think their defense is bad. Not sure when Big Ben will be back, but will he even be 100%? Either way I'm expecting them to lose this weekend.

The Jets are in a good spot at 4-2 and seem to have an easier schedule. I would give them the best chance to make it right now, but it's just really hard to envision Fitzpatrick and Gailey helping to lead a rival to the playoffs.

The Bills season so far has been a big disappointment for me and I can't say I like our chances at 3-4, but I'm not going to act like this team can't beat anybody because EJ and a number of backups lost a game in London. I really just want to see what this offense can do with Tyrod and everyone else healthy. I don't know what to expect from the D, but I still like our players and I like Rex as a defensive coach, so I have a difficult time believing that they can't get their **** together and improve.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure I buy the Dolphins suddenly being a good team again just because they beat a couple terrible teams coming off of their bye. I think they'll get smacked back to reality tomorrow night. I'm assuming/hoping the Bills will be a lot healthier when they host the fins, and I still expect a win if that's the case. At that point the fins would be 3-5 and have lost the tie-breaker with the Bills. With a tough remaining schedule they would almost be out of it.

I expect the Raiders to start fading quickly and drop out of the playoff discussion, but I'll be rooting for them to beat the Jets and Steelers over the next couple weeks.

The Steelers have a pretty tough schedule and I still think their defense is bad. Not sure when Big Ben will be back, but will he even be 100%? Either way I'm expecting them to lose this weekend.

The Jets are in a good spot at 4-2 and seem to have an easier schedule. I would give them the best chance to make it right now, but it's just really hard to envision Fitzpatrick and Gailey helping to lead a rival to the playoffs.

The Bills season so far has been a big disappointment for me and I can't say I like our chances at 3-4, but I'm not going to act like this team can't beat anybody because EJ and a number of backups lost a game in London. I really just want to see what this offense can do with Tyrod and everyone else healthy. I don't know what to expect from the D, but I still like our players and I like Rex as a defensive coach, so I have a difficult time believing that they can't get their **** together and improve.

Comment

Working...
                              X