PDA

View Full Version : Speculation: Is Sammy Watkins a little Diva *****?

Mike
10-29-2015, 04:46 AM
Is Sammy Watkins a little diva *****?

Let's look at the recent history and you decide...

Rookie Season
a. Gets drafted by a desperate team who moves up to draft this former Bills fan to only watch him get injured during training camp
b. Has a good rookie season despite missing time both on Sundays and on the practice field (practice does matter)

Sophomore Season
a. Get injured again during TC and again is missing practice time and games
b. Finally plays a few games and.... gets injured again! Misses more time
c. Comes back but..... isn't as productive as other WR in his class (cough cough, Odell Beckham Jr, cough, cough, Mike Evens, cough, cough Josh Brown)
d. *****es about not getting 'his touches' demands 10 targets a game and blast Bills for failing him
e. Comes back to from injury and get those 10 targets
f. Scores a Touchdown!!!
g. but.... gets Injured on the play
h. Misses More Time....
i. Blasts Bills fans for 'complaining about his injuries'

Seems to me that both Sammy's body and mind are made of glass.

Night Train
10-29-2015, 04:54 AM
Seems to me we already had a thread on this and the " Look at Me " itch kicked in.

X-Era
10-29-2015, 05:31 AM
Is Sammy Watkins a little diva *****?

Let's look at the recent history and you decide...

Rookie Season
a. Gets drafted by a desperate team who moves up to draft this former Bills fan to only watch him get injured during training camp
b. Has a good rookie season despite missing time both on Sundays and on the practice field (practice does matter)

Sophomore Season
a. Get injured again during TC and again is missing practice time and games
b. Finally plays a few games and.... gets injured again! Misses more time
c. Comes back but..... isn't as productive as other WR in his class (cough cough, Odell Beckham Jr, cough, cough, Mike Evens, cough, cough Josh Brown)
d. *****es about not getting 'his touches' demands 10 targets a game and blast Bills for failing him
e. Comes back to from injury and get those 10 targets
f. Scores a Touchdown!!!
g. but.... gets Injured on the play
h. Misses More Time....
i. Blasts Bills fans for 'complaining about his injuries'

Seems to me that both Sammy's body and mind are made of glass.
No.

Cleve
10-29-2015, 05:42 AM
I think Watkins is related to the Yankees' Mark Teixeria. Both appear made of glass, and end up on the DL for prolonged periods every time they stub their toe.

".....the kids. They called me Mr. Glass"

Luisito23
10-29-2015, 06:02 AM
No.

What no? Mike's a maniac, but almost everything he said is true...

Topas
10-29-2015, 06:05 AM
... despite missing time both on Sundays and on the practice field (practice does matter)

Allen Iverson disagrees

WagonCircler
10-29-2015, 06:56 AM
I think Watkins is related to the Yankees' Mark Teixeria. Both appear made of glass, and end up on the DL for prolonged periods every time they stub their toe.

".....the kids. They called me Mr. Glass"

Yeah, but Tex has the good sense to shut the fuc up.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-29-2015, 07:35 AM
i read a great article a few years ago dissecting the idea of the wide receiva diva. Wish i bookmarked that thing. Basically boiled down to they don't touch the ball much, but when they do it's usually a big deal/important play etc, which feeds into the entitlement mentality, etc.

Meathead
10-29-2015, 08:20 AM
well hes certainly a lot dumber than i thought he was. he came in here appearing so mature and well spoken but that appears like maybe it was just a front. hes sorta been stringing mistakes together lately, some of them seriously embarrassing. i still forgive him but he needs to learn from this and really focus. and for gods sake sammy try to avoid ghetto ebonics in your semi-official communications. thats not representing, thats just being a dumbass

Victor7
10-29-2015, 09:23 AM
On his way to become one

BuffRanger
10-29-2015, 09:27 AM
Soft both mentally and physically. Not a football player. James Hardy went into male modelling. Something like that would be a better profession for Sammy. Non contact and low stress.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-29-2015, 09:32 AM
Either he or his agent want out of Buffalo and he's playing his cards right.

sahlensguy
10-29-2015, 09:40 AM
Thanks Whaley!

Skooby
10-29-2015, 09:48 AM
See post #25:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/231311-Sammy-rips-fans/page2

See there's a thread already for this and it takes a lot for me to call someone out on being repetitive.

Mike
10-29-2015, 12:02 PM
Allen Iverson disagrees

I know, that's why I threw it in there lol

feldspar
10-29-2015, 12:07 PM
*****es...

Lots of that going around, I'd say.

Victor7
10-29-2015, 01:11 PM

His agent is none other than Buffalo favorite Eugene Parker. So I could def see it that way.

Mr. Cynical
10-29-2015, 03:42 PM
If he doesn't produce after the bye week - meaning, he's getting the looks and isn't making plays that a #1 pick should make - then I could see moving him next year if they can get the right offer. Don't need BS on the team that isn't at least offset by production. What will be telling to me is how TT reacts down the stretch, and if he ends up connecting more with Woods/Hogan/Clay vs Sammy.

BertSquirtgum
10-29-2015, 03:46 PM
Sammy is definitely a pussy little ***** waste of two 1st round picks.

BertSquirtgum
10-29-2015, 03:48 PM
Can't believe the idiot Whaley didn't pick Khalil Mack.

YardRat
10-29-2015, 04:18 PM
If he doesn't produce after the bye week - meaning, he's getting the looks and isn't making plays that a #1 pick should make - then I could see moving him next year if they can get the right offer. Don't need BS on the team that isn't at least offset by production. What will be telling to me is how TT reacts down the stretch, and if he ends up connecting more with Woods/Hogan/Clay vs Sammy.

Woods and Hogan will disappear again when TT is under center. Part of that, obviously, will be because they won't see the field as much if Watkins and Harvin are ever healthy again, but the other part is Taylor rarely looks their way (or Sammy even, for that matter). It's either Clay, Shady or Harvin for him.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-29-2015, 04:24 PM
never thought i would ever say this, but Fletch may have been right.

BertSquirtgum
10-29-2015, 06:12 PM
never thought i would ever say this, but Fletch may have been right.

what did feltch say?

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-29-2015, 06:27 PM
what did feltch say?

last year there was an annoying thread (not quite as bad as fool's gold) started by fletch where he just went on and on about how watkins would be good, but just not worth it.

BertSquirtgum
10-29-2015, 06:46 PM
I've seen people say that Watkins didn't miss a game last year. I remember him starting games but rarely finishing them with some bull**** injury. Here, the Buffalo News says he's had seven different injuries so far.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/28/watkins-comments-can-only-fan-ill-will/

stuckincincy
10-29-2015, 07:58 PM
Woods and Hogan will disappear again when TT is under center. Part of that, obviously, will be because they won't see the field as much if Watkins and Harvin are ever healthy again, but the other part is Taylor rarely looks their way (or Sammy even, for that matter). It's either Clay, Shady or Harvin for him.

Remember my thread (where people attacked me) about Woods looking for his ticket out of Dodge?

HHURRICANE
10-30-2015, 01:05 AM
You're all poor and stupid. LOL

This guy just became the biggest douche in football.

I will be relentless ripping this guy.

Mike
10-30-2015, 01:25 AM
What no? Mike's a maniac, but almost everything he said is true...

Could not agree more... Almost Everything I say is True .... and it takes people a year or more to see it. (EJ, Watkins, Peters, Maybin, etc)

I was the first to point this injury issue with Watkins last year after he got nicked up a few times. Of course most of you blasted me for it... now the tide has turned the other way.

It's funny because even after I am right, it doesn't seem to matter. Posters only remember having their feeling hurt, which I guess makes me a Maniac...

CoolBreeze
10-30-2015, 07:05 AM
No, we got him wrong... Sammy just needs somebody to protect his safe space.

Buckets
10-30-2015, 08:38 AM

How does being a whinny little ***** and not being able to stay healthy help his trade value?

Bill Cody
10-30-2015, 08:52 AM
Well look at the bright side....the Bills will be watching the Super Bowl on TV again but at least Sammy got to Disney World

Cleve
10-30-2015, 09:30 AM
While we can't blame Watkins for being injury prone, his usefulness and value is greatly reduced if he's sitting on the bench half the season. Did the Bills get snake-bit with this pick, or was there any evidence in his college history or draft report that suggested he might end up injured too much? Evidence which the Bills unwisely ignored?

sahlensguy
10-30-2015, 09:49 AM
While we can't blame Watkins for being injury prone, his usefulness and value is greatly reduced if he's sitting on the bench half the season. Did the Bills get snake-bit with this pick, or was there any evidence in his college history or draft report that suggested he might end up injured too much? Evidence which the Bills unwisely ignored?

Considering Sammy's 'I'm writing this text while riding Space Mountain' fluency, and his apparent lack of a thick skin, I doubt Whaley put much into his past before using 3 draft picks on the guy.

Historian
10-30-2015, 01:43 PM
Sully nails it.

The Natrix
10-30-2015, 02:47 PM
Screw Watkins.

He isn't a Buffalo Bill anymore, as far as I'm concerned.

If I make it to a game this year, and use my little paycheck from my little job to score a 15 dollar ticket 5 mins into the first quarter, I'll boo him every time he touches the ball. Although, he probably will be out with an injury.

Trade him. Probably could get a 5th, maybe a 4th, for him.

BertSquirtgum
10-30-2015, 05:48 PM
Sully nails it.

Sure does. One of his articles I fully agree with.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-31-2015, 09:47 AM
How does being a whinny little ***** and not being able to stay healthy help his trade value?

It doesn't help his trade value, it means the Bills will let him walk at the end of his rookie deal or unload him to a better team for a middling draft pick. The McGahee/Peters plan.

BuffaloRedleg
10-31-2015, 11:15 AM
Am I the only person here who thinks he was right even if he shouldn't have said it?

If you are the type of person who harasses famous people online you are a loser.

A total ****ing loser.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-31-2015, 11:22 AM
Am I the only person here who thinks he was right even if he shouldn't have said it?

If you are the type of person who harasses famous people online you are a loser.

A total ****ing loser.

I agree totally.

chernobylwraiths
10-31-2015, 12:28 PM

A total ****ing loser.

Nope. That is why in context, he is completely right.

And all the people who want to hate him now because of his comments or because they perceive him as a whiner are the *****es.

Social media is like this and anybody famous who goes on social media themselves needs to know there are way too many scumbags out there that hide behind their screens and say the worst things imaginable that they wouldn't dare say in public.

Yes, he overreacted. But you expect a low to mid 20 something athlete that has his heart questioned to react that way. Most of the people that like to call him out are probably MUCH older than that.