PDA

View Full Version : Stop Complaining and be Patient

Mahdi
10-29-2015, 10:50 AM
I think there is way too much complaining about various players or elements of the team whether its coaching or management.

This is the best team the Bills have had in a long time.

We have an exciting, talented, young QB that can make throws and run like no other QB in the league.

We're stocked at RB

We have amazing talent at WR (Sammy Watkins is a beast so stop being typical Bills fans and run him out of town only for him to destroy the league with another team, who cares what we spent to get him, he's here and he's obviously immensely talented, just unfortunate with so many injuries to start his career and terrible QB play as a rookie) We also have Woods and Harvin and Hogan who is a nice compliment.

Probably the best TE depth chart we have had ever. Clay is obvious, Gragg is looking like a late bloomer and a blocker in Mulligan. Too bad about the kid who got injured MarQueis Gray.

Our OL isn't gelled yet but its a decent group that is young on the right side, we may need an upgrade at LT but its a functional group when healthy.

Defensively we have all the pieces we just need to give the players a chance to get on the same page with Rex. Hopefully the bye will allow for that.

Our coaching is the best it has probably been in a long time. We have one of the top DB coaches, OL coach is known for being one of the best in the NFL. Our WRs coach has a good rep. We have a DC who has coordinated great defenses, our OC has a strong rep in the league. Even our QB coach is a standout coach in the league and we can see he has helped all our QBs with their mechanics. Dunbar is a top DL coach also. A lot of money was spent (finally) in the coaching department, I think we can all appreciate that considering the absolute neglect it was getting in years past. Our last administration didn't even have a QB coach.

So basically, how about we just enjoy watching this team play and hopefully by season's end we will at least see a team that either is or resembles a playoff contender.

Thurmal
10-29-2015, 10:54 AM
Uh, it's been 15 years since they made the playoffs. And despite all the talent you listed, they still have a losing record, cannot win games even at home, and just lost to the worst team in the league (who they were down to by 25 points in the first half).

People have a right to be frustrated, sorry.

Novacane
10-29-2015, 10:58 AM
3-4 It's not the best team they've had in a long time. It's the same team they've had for 15 years!

sahlensguy
Good post. Really is. I'm just bitter hearing to be patient. Players day they are going to Disney World AFTER they win a Super Bowl. Leave it to Sammy to say it during the bye week. Rex didn't consider four days in London a nice enough reward so he gave them all this week off. Glad there all kicking back relaxing. I'm just waitin.

OpIv37
This season is almost half over and we are 3-4 with 3 conf losses. There is no more time to be patient. If they are going to make a run, they have to start playing well immediately after the bye.

And stop and think about what you are saying here. You go on and on about how talented this team is, but we have a losing record, largely due to mistakes like penalties and turnovers. And you want people to stop complaining? Please.

Novacane
10-29-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm Russ Brandon and I approve of this thread!

jamze132
10-29-2015, 11:16 AM
Can you say...overrated?

Meathead
10-29-2015, 11:24 AM
dream team

where playoffs are a dream and this is a nightmare

feldspar
10-29-2015, 11:27 AM
There is no more time to be patient.

LOL.

Now who could ever argue with that?

IlluminatusUIUC
10-29-2015, 11:40 AM
This is a team built to be successful right now, and they haven't lived up to expectations. If Rex can re-focus and structure the team around the talent he has rather then leaning on his old crutches, then I think we can come back and be competitive again. If we complete the sweep of Miami a week from Sunday this board will completely change its tune.

feldspar
10-29-2015, 11:52 AM
If we complete the sweep of Miami a week from Sunday this board will completely change its tune.

The mob is fickle.

But our next 3 games are all division games, including two road Prime-time games. Very important. After the Miami game, we have a rough stretch where the Bills play 5 out of 6 games on the road. That isn't easy for anyone. But the actual teams we face aren't all that fierce when looked at as a whole, if we can get our **** together. Big IF, but still possible.

But I know what you are saying. If the Bills sweep the Dolphins in week 9, there will be a different outlook. I mean, the Bills are in no way out of it at this point. Even now, the games are meaningful even though a good portion of the fanbase seems to have given up. We'll see if the TEAM has given up, and I don't think they have. Having a lot of the players back won't hurt...won't hurt one bit, especially the QB.

We'll see what happens. I won't give up until the fat lady sings, even if the Jags loss was the hardest one to take in recent memory

paladin warrior
10-29-2015, 11:53 AM
Complaining about the Ref awful bad called and full of BS

Bill Cody
10-29-2015, 11:57 AM
I think there is way too much complaining about various players or elements of the team whether its coaching or management.

We've scored 176 and given up 173. You're right this team is a juggernaut

Luisito23
10-29-2015, 12:13 PM
I'm tired of hearing about all this "talent"...

What talent?...on the bench?...Injured?...committing stupid ass penalties?...Please.

This season will end up like all the others, no playoff and the laughingstock of the NFL yet again.

Be patient?...Yeah, what's another 20 years right?

gebobs
10-29-2015, 12:30 PM
an exciting, talented, young QB
Homer talk.

We're stocked at RB
We have a veteran and a rookie and both are injured.

Watkins is a beast
LOLwhut? Did you say "beast" or "bust"?

We also have Woods and Harvin and Hogan who is a nice compliment.
Harvin's a head case.

Probably the best TE depth chart we have had ever. Clay is obvious, Gragg is looking like a late bloomer
Clay is better than Chandler but that's like saying Orlando Bloom is a better actor than Keanu Reeves. I don't see anything in Gragg.

Our OL isn't gelled yet
You got one thing right.

I admire your optimism. I am reminded of a certain song, what was it they played, Nearer My God To Thee?

Scumbag College
10-29-2015, 01:03 PM
I admit that I am usually a "rose colored optimistic homer" when it comes to the Bills, but this feels like the same ol-same ol this year with some higher paid players and a Don King-esque promoter blowhard of a coach.

In my view, the two main reasons that this team is bad every year are the things that we've all harped on for as long as I've been part of this board: no franchise QB and missing often (especially the first round) in the draft. I like Tyrod and think that he'll continue to improve, but he is still a long shot to become an elite QB in the NFL. As far as drafting goes, Whaley has been boom or bust with his picks.

I'm not willing to give up on the Bills on getting a wildcard spot, since they are only one win behind the current teams that would be in there if the season ended today. And with starting a backup QB and with the amount of injuries to key starters it would be hard for any team to win. But, there isn't anything if you look at the Bills objectively and taking into consideration recent history that points to them going on a run and making the playoffs.

However, since they are the Bills and I can't be objective, I predict the banged up players to come back healthy after the bye and end the season at 10-6 and at least getting to the AFC Divisional playoffs.

Mahdi
10-29-2015, 01:11 PM
Uh, it's been 15 years since they made the playoffs. And despite all the talent you listed, they still have a losing record, cannot win games even at home, and just lost to the worst team in the league (who they were down to by 25 points in the first half).

People have a right to be frustrated, sorry.

I get the 15 year thing but that has nothing to do with this team. New players, new owner, new coaches, new GM.

Also, we are 3-4 and lost to the top two teams in the NFL and another solid one in NY. We had 7 starters missing from our offense against Jacksonville and still had the game won if not for some BS calls.

Forward_Lateral
10-29-2015, 01:16 PM
You'll have to excuse me if my patience has run thin. I've been watching this team suck for the past 20 years, with a couple sprinkles of disappointment mixed in there.

I'm tired of waiting. It's the same story every couple of years. Rebuild this. Retool that. The team has talent. The team will be better.

The on field product, in the end, is always the exact same turd sandwich. I'm tired of eating turd sandwiches. I want a freaking steak.

WagonCircler
10-29-2015, 01:22 PM

You state this like it's a fact. It's not a fact. It's not even close.

This is neither a team, not the best team the Bills have had in a long time.

This is a collection of idiot athletes, led by an enabler, assembled by an egotistical hack, and packaged and marketed sale by a snake-oil salesman.

Night Train
10-29-2015, 01:37 PM
We had key skill players who needed to play big and found out they are currently made of glass.

Thus, the 3-4 record.

Bill Cody
10-29-2015, 01:51 PM
I get the 15 year thing but that has nothing to do with this team. New players, new owner, new coaches, new GM.

Also, we are 3-4 and lost to the top two teams in the NFL and another solid one in NY. We had 7 starters missing from our offense against Jacksonville and still had the game won if not for some BS calls.

This team is 3-4. I agree with that.

BertSquirtgum
10-29-2015, 03:43 PM
We need gym shorts on this team.

YardRat
10-29-2015, 03:56 PM
This is a team built to be successful right now, and they haven't lived up to expectations.

This was a team that by the end of last season was built to be successful right now, and they haven't lived up to expectations because they essentially prematurely blew it up by hiring a dumbass and letting him drag all of his cronies along for the ride.

Meathead
10-29-2015, 04:02 PM
well if you had told me the team would be 3-3 after six id have taken that as acceptable. losing to the jags means theyve made it one game harder on themselves. they can do it but its hard to be confident when they have been so incredibly mistake prone to this point

Victor7
10-29-2015, 04:53 PM
People keep pointing at the 3-4 record but what about the level of play ??

We've played 2 good games all year long. Colts and Miami. The Colts are also 3-4 with all 3 of their wins coming vs their high school worthy division. The fish of that time were an unmitigated disaster. Every other game has been a freaking mess. The Tennessee win was a stolen one that should've been a loss. If we keep playing like the way we have lately we'll be lucky to reach 6 wins TOTAL. All of our losses have been horrendous to say the least.

The defense can't quite find its 2014 form, the running backs are always hurt. Ditto for the receivers. Taylor as excited as we all are isn't exactly killing it out there, he's had his awful moments, and when he gets hurt you all know what 3 brings to the game. Add to that our garbage league worst special teams and the league leading penalties and there's very little to be optimistic about.

Not everything is as easy as "we are 3-4 and very much in it"

swiper
10-29-2015, 05:07 PM

LOL at the stupidity of this post.

BertSquirtgum
10-29-2015, 06:16 PM
Lets trade Marcell Dareus for Andrew Luck.

Thurmal
10-29-2015, 08:07 PM

This is a collection of idiot athletes, led by an enabler, assembled by an egotistical hack, and packaged and marketed sale by a snake-oil salesman.

Ding Ding Ding! This is why we needed to keep Fred Jackson. To have a semblance of leadership in the locker room. One or two knuckleheads on a team is okay, sometime advantageous, but there has to be a guy to corral them. The 90s Cowboys were full of dumbasses, but they had Aikman, and Darrell Woodson and Ken Norton and most importantly, Jimmy Johnson, to keep things in check. The Bills have no players or coaches like that.

Mahdi
10-30-2015, 05:53 AM
Ok, so carry on then...

Dmoney
10-30-2015, 06:38 AM

This was a lot of peoples fears at the start of the season... now becoming true

MillsapsBillsFan
10-30-2015, 06:56 AM
Rex didn't consider four days in London a nice enough reward so he gave them all this week off. Glad there all kicking back relaxing. I'm just waitin.

I would say that that has more to do with the fact that our injury report is 10 miles long than him rewarding them. Maybe Rex needed the time off to figure out how to make our defense actually perform like last years

Bill Cody
10-30-2015, 09:06 AM
I would say that that has more to do with the fact that our injury report is 10 miles long than him rewarding them. Maybe Rex needed the time off to figure out how to make our defense actually perform like last years

nah he's spending the off time giving his wife toe jobs