X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Stop Complaining and be Patient

I think there is way too much complaining about various players or elements of the team whether its coaching or management.

This is the best team the Bills have had in a long time.

We have an exciting, talented, young QB that can make throws and run like no other QB in the league.

We're stocked at RB

We have amazing talent at WR (Sammy Watkins is a beast so stop being typical Bills fans and run him out of town only for him to destroy the league with another team, who cares what we spent to get him, he's here and he's obviously immensely talented, just unfortunate with so many injuries to start his career and terrible QB play as a rookie) We also have Woods and Harvin and Hogan who is a nice compliment.

Probably the best TE depth chart we have had ever. Clay is obvious, Gragg is looking like a late bloomer and a blocker in Mulligan. Too bad about the kid who got injured MarQueis Gray.

Our OL isn't gelled yet but its a decent group that is young on the right side, we may need an upgrade at LT but its a functional group when healthy.

Defensively we have all the pieces we just need to give the players a chance to get on the same page with Rex. Hopefully the bye will allow for that.

Our coaching is the best it has probably been in a long time. We have one of the top DB coaches, OL coach is known for being one of the best in the NFL. Our WRs coach has a good rep. We have a DC who has coordinated great defenses, our OC has a strong rep in the league. Even our QB coach is a standout coach in the league and we can see he has helped all our QBs with their mechanics. Dunbar is a top DL coach also. A lot of money was spent (finally) in the coaching department, I think we can all appreciate that considering the absolute neglect it was getting in years past. Our last administration didn't even have a QB coach.

So basically, how about we just enjoy watching this team play and hopefully by season's end we will at least see a team that either is or resembles a playoff contender.
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

Re: Stop Complaining and be Patient

Uh, it's been 15 years since they made the playoffs. And despite all the talent you listed, they still have a losing record, cannot win games even at home, and just lost to the worst team in the league (who they were down to by 25 points in the first half).

People have a right to be frustrated, sorry.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

3-4 It's not the best team they've had in a long time. It's the same team they've had for 15 years!

Comment

• sahlensguy
        • Mar 2015

Good post. Really is. I'm just bitter hearing to be patient. Players day they are going to Disney World AFTER they win a Super Bowl. Leave it to Sammy to say it during the bye week. Rex didn't consider four days in London a nice enough reward so he gave them all this week off. Glad there all kicking back relaxing. I'm just waitin.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

This season is almost half over and we are 3-4 with 3 conf losses. There is no more time to be patient. If they are going to make a run, they have to start playing well immediately after the bye.

And stop and think about what you are saying here. You go on and on about how talented this team is, but we have a losing record, largely due to mistakes like penalties and turnovers. And you want people to stop complaining? Please.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

I'm Russ Brandon and I approve of this thread!

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Can you say...overrated?

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

dream team

where playoffs are a dream and this is a nightmare
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• feldspar
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  There is no more time to be patient.
                  LOL.

Now who could ever argue with that?

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                    • Sep 2012

This is a team built to be successful right now, and they haven't lived up to expectations. If Rex can re-focus and structure the team around the talent he has rather then leaning on his old crutches, then I think we can come back and be competitive again. If we complete the sweep of Miami a week from Sunday this board will completely change its tune.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• feldspar
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                      If we complete the sweep of Miami a week from Sunday this board will completely change its tune.
                      The mob is fickle.

But our next 3 games are all division games, including two road Prime-time games. Very important. After the Miami game, we have a rough stretch where the Bills play 5 out of 6 games on the road. That isn't easy for anyone. But the actual teams we face aren't all that fierce when looked at as a whole, if we can get our **** together. Big IF, but still possible.

But I know what you are saying. If the Bills sweep the Dolphins in week 9, there will be a different outlook. I mean, the Bills are in no way out of it at this point. Even now, the games are meaningful even though a good portion of the fanbase seems to have given up. We'll see if the TEAM has given up, and I don't think they have. Having a lot of the players back won't hurt...won't hurt one bit, especially the QB.

We'll see what happens. I won't give up until the fat lady sings, even if the Jags loss was the hardest one to take in recent memory
                      Last edited by feldspar; 10-29-2015, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• paladin warrior
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

Complaining about the Ref awful bad called and full of BS

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                          I think there is way too much complaining about various players or elements of the team whether its coaching or management.

This is the best team the Bills have had in a long time.
                          We've scored 176 and given up 173. You're right this team is a juggernaut

Comment

• Luisito23
                            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                            • Apr 2003

I'm tired of hearing about all this "talent"...

What talent?...on the bench?...Injured?...committing stupid ass penalties?...Please.

This season will end up like all the others, no playoff and the laughingstock of the NFL yet again.

Be patient?...Yeah, what's another 20 years right?
                            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• gebobs
                              One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                              an exciting, talented, young QB
                              Homer talk.

We're stocked at RB
                              We have a veteran and a rookie and both are injured.

Watkins is a beast
                              LOLwhut? Did you say "beast" or "bust"?

We also have Woods and Harvin and Hogan who is a nice compliment.
                              Harvin's a head case.

Probably the best TE depth chart we have had ever. Clay is obvious, Gragg is looking like a late bloomer
                              Clay is better than Chandler but that's like saying Orlando Bloom is a better actor than Keanu Reeves. I don't see anything in Gragg.

Our OL isn't gelled yet
                              You got one thing right.

I admire your optimism. I am reminded of a certain song, what was it they played, Nearer My God To Thee?
                              Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X