PDA

View Full Version : EJ Manuel is the 1st Starting QB in NFL history to lose in 3 different countries

Cleve
10-30-2015, 07:39 AM
LOL - this guy's FAIL is becoming epic. He's failed in a way that no previous starting QB has ever failed. Perhaps Manuel is trying to dislodge Aaron Maybin from his legendary place in the minds of the fans as the worst first round draft pick ever?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000567190/article/ej-manuel-first-starting-qb-to-lose-in-three-countries

Pinkerton Security
10-30-2015, 07:43 AM
In other news, we landed on the moon in 1969!

Topas
10-30-2015, 07:51 AM
Whaley knew all along that EJ would eventually get into the record books ...

MillsapsBillsFan
10-30-2015, 08:08 AM
He does suck, but how many other QB's have even played in 3 countries? Anyone have a list

Joe Fo Sho
10-30-2015, 08:52 AM
He does suck, but how many other QB's have even played in 3 countries? Anyone have a list

That's why this stat is completely worthless. It's just another circle jerk for the guys who hate EJ. There are plenty of reasons to dislike the guy, but who cares about this? How many games have there been in other countries? Either you had to have played in the Bills series in Toronto or over in England. That's pretty unlikely when you consider that you had to have played in both to even qualify for this stat. It just makes it more likely to have happened if you played for the Bills or the Jags. Were there any other regular season games played outside of the US?

TEAMS THAT PLAYED IN TORONTO

Buffalo
Miami - 2008 (W)
NYJ - 2009 (W)
Chicago - 2010 (W)
Washington - 2011 (L)
Seattle - 2012 (W)
Atlanta - 2013 (W)

TEAMS THAT PLAYED IN LONDON

2007 - Giants (W) vs Miami (L)
2008 - New Orleans (W) vs San Diego (L)
2009 - New England (W) vs Tampa Bay (L)
2010 - San Francisco (W) vs Denver (L)
2011 - Chicago (W) vs Tampa Bay (L)
2012 - New England (W) vs St Louis (L)
2013 - San Francisco (W) vs Jacksonville (L)
2013 - Minnesota (W) vs Pittsburgh (L)
2014 - Miami (W) vs Oakland (L)
2014 - Detroit (W) vs Atlanta (L)
2014 - Dallas (W) vs Jacksonville (L)
2015 - NYJ (W) vs Miami (L)
2015 - Jacksonville (W) vs Buffalo (L)

So the only teams to have played in both series are the Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Bears, and Atlanta. That's quite the sample size, huh? It's good to take note that the the only teams to lose in Toronto are the Bills and the Redskins.

This also means that the Bills are the only team to have lost in 3 countries. But sure, let's put the blame on EJ.

Also I just noticed that the Cardinals beat Niners in 2005 in Mexico City. I doubt either of those starting QB's played in the recent international games.

Cleve
10-30-2015, 09:04 AM
Well, if Manuel had a good game, and the Bills lost, I don't think this would have much traction. But EJ had an awful game, and Manuel's poor performance was a key factor in the loss. So we can't just write it off as "The Bills lost and poor little EJ was just dragged along for the ride"

I don't see it as a significant or important statistic - it's just a laughable SMH stat to add to the general cloud of futility and fail surround the 16TH PICK OF THE 1ST ROUND by Nix and Whaley (At that time Whaley was still wearing his GM training wheels personally installed by Nix/Brandon). I'm confident we certainly will NEVER see any great or legendary statistics generated from Manuel's NFL career. Did he look Sunday as if he'd made any progress at all from September 2013?

Speaking of the Bills blowing, err, using that 1st round pick.... I found this video as well

https://youtu.be/ALrrMa5Dn6U

sahlensguy
10-30-2015, 09:05 AM
Lol!

Joe Fo Sho
10-30-2015, 09:20 AM
Well, if Manuel had a good game, and the Bills lost, I don't think this would have much traction. But EJ had an awful game, and Manuel's poor performance was a key factor in the loss. So we can't just write it off as "The Bills lost and poor little EJ was just dragged along for the ride"

There are plenty of reasons to dislike the guy

I don't see it as a significant or important statistic

Agreed.

Mr. Pink
10-30-2015, 09:26 AM
He's probably the only QB to play in 3 different countries too.

Meaningless stat.

MillsapsBillsFan
10-30-2015, 09:34 AM

Well yeah, I wasnt saying that. All I was saying was that it really doesnt mean much because there have been so few that have even had a chance to lose in 3 countries

sahlensguy
10-30-2015, 09:41 AM

Meaningless stat.

Meaningless, sure. But also undeniable. Let's hope for his sake, EJ never plays in Mexico City.

swiper
10-30-2015, 10:56 AM
Clean up in aisle 6. EJ you hear that? Get moving.

WagonCircler
10-30-2015, 04:36 PM
If the Bills ever play in Houston, one of EJ's overthrows could easily make it to Mexico.

Would that count as 4?

Mace
10-30-2015, 04:40 PM
On to Beijing, a market waiting to be tapped.

sahlensguy
10-30-2015, 04:58 PM
On to Beijing, a market waiting to be tapped.

Well EJ does throw them into the ground like no other.

feldspar
10-31-2015, 01:56 PM

He is.

sudzy
10-31-2015, 02:40 PM

Meaningless stat.

Ryan Fitzpatrick just beat Miami in London. He's also is the only Bills QB to win in Canada. Making him (most likely) the only QB to win in three different countries.