Browns Looking To Trade Alex Mack and Joe Thomas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Browns Looking To Trade Alex Mack and Joe Thomas?

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet

The #Browns have engaged in discussions about potentially trading two of their best players: LT Joe Thomas and C Alex Mack, sources say.
    10:07 AM - 1 Nov 2015

Mack has a no-trade clause in his contract, but it looks like the Browns are still trying to move him.

Thomas has no guaranteed money for 2016.

Trade deadline is November 3rd at 4:00 pm.
  • Zoneblitser
    • Apr 2015

This could be Bills related

Ian Rapoport is reporting that the Browns are going to seek a trade for Joe Thomas and Alex Mack.
    Link cle.247sports.com
    I would be willing to make a deal for Watkins and a pick.

Comment

• Zoneblitser
      • Apr 2015

Re: Browns Looking To Trade Alex Mack and Joe Thomas?

You beat me to it. Anyway if it happens and it includes a pick and Sammy Watkins I would go for it

Comment

• BillsImpossible
        • Mar 2013

If Doug Whaley trades Sammy Watkins to the Browns in exchange for Joe Thomas and a draft pick I would be elated.

The Bills offensive line has been their biggest problem besides the backup QB position.

Cordy Glenn is a free agent in 2016. He's been okay this year, but has way too many penalties against him and isn't playing the kind of football one would expect to see out of a guy playing for a huge contract.

Eric Wood is not having a very good year, which is surprising. I thought Incognito and Miller would make Wood better. Did you seem him totally whiff on that block last week?

If Sammy Watkins is in a Bills uniform next week, he's going to get booed all day long, and all season long if he doesn't produce.

Whaley has a chance to right his wrong.

Comment

• WagonCircler
          Escaped Convict
          • Jul 2002

That might help with the running game, but I'm not sure that would solve the passing game problems. The current Bills OL surprisingly ranks very high in pass protection stats. The problem is the Quarterbacks.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
            • Sep 2012

I would flip out (in a good way) if we managed to bring in OL of that caliber. Mack has an opt-out clause which Jax inserted as a pseudo poison pill, so I would be wary of trading for him without some conditions on whatever we sent. We'd also likely have to send some salary back their way to make it work for cap purposes. Who would they want? Gilmore? He was drafted on Pettine's watch, Gilbert has been a mega bust, and Haden/Gilmore would be one of the best CB duos in the league.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• BillsImpossible
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
              That might help with the running game, but I'm not sure that would solve the passing game problems. The current Bills OL surprisingly ranks very high in pass protection stats. The problem is the Quarterbacks.
              The pass protection stats are padded by Taylor's feet. In his first 5 games, how many would be sacks did Taylor avoid?

How many passes were completed because of his ability to avoid the pass rush?

If EJ Manuel started the season, the o-line would be dead last in pass protection.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

I'd be surprised if Thomas is traded but Alex Mack likely won't play for Cleveland next year either way.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                The pass protection stats are padded by Taylor's feet. In his first 5 games, how many would be sacks did Taylor avoid?

If EJ Manuel started the season, the o-line would be dead last in pass protection.
                Yeah, that wasn't Tyrod Taylor being sacked 7 times by the Patriots.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                  I'd be surprised if Thomas is traded but Alex Mack likely won't play for Cleveland next year either way.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that wasn't Tyrod Taylor being sacked 7 times by the Patriots.
                  If Taylor had a better offensive line in front of him, the Pats don't get 7 sacks.

Belichick exposed the Bills biggest weakness - their offensive line, and teams have taken advantage of it ever since.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                    Escaped Convict
                    • Jul 2002

True, to an extent, but most of Tyrod's positive plays made with his legs are not factored in to those stats, because they end up being runs. And his inability to read the whole field has been a much bigger factor in the passing game.

EJ has been horrendous, as expected. Taylor may get better, he may not. But his current level of play is not good enough.

Either way, the Bills need to keep trying to find a solution at the position, or they will continue to miss the playoffs.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                      • Mar 2013

Joe Thomas at left tackle, and Cordy Glenn at right tackle would be a significant upgrade for the Buffalo Bills offensive line.

Seantrel Henderson has not played well this year, and neither has Cyrus Kouandjio.

I would make a straight up player for player trade with Sammy Watkins for Joe Thomas in a heartbeat.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

I would make a straight up player for player trade with Sammy Watkins for Joe Thomas in a heartbeat.
                        I'm sure you would, but I doubt the Browns would.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

The other part about Mack is that whoever trades for him, would have to rework his contract immediately and would have to know that Mack is willing to rework it. He has an opt-out clause after this season. Which is why I can see the Browns willing to move him and why I think they drafted Cam Erving to replace him. But whoever trades for him isn't gonna trade for a guy if there is no guarantee he'll still be there next year.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                            • Oct 2002

Trade Sammy, Kujo, Boobie, Duke Williams, Ron Brooks, and EJ for both of those guys.
                            Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                              I would flip out (in a good way) if we managed to bring in OL of that caliber. Mack has an opt-out clause which Jax inserted as a pseudo poison pill, so I would be wary of trading for him without some conditions on whatever we sent. We'd also likely have to send some salary back their way to make it work for cap purposes. Who would they want? Gilmore? He was drafted on Pettine's watch, Gilbert has been a mega bust, and Haden/Gilmore would be one of the best CB duos in the league.
                              IIRC, there was a few rumors about Mack being moved on last season.
                              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                              X