PDA

View Full Version : Sammy apologizes. Do you accept his apology?

X-Era
11-02-2015, 04:12 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Sammy-Watkins-Working-to-get-back-on-the-field/1094b6f3-e39a-4151-a06b-5e8ac89076eb

He's a humble young kid IMO and he screwed up. Hopefully he can stay healthy and we can throw to him more. I think he can be great.

Do you accept his apology?

YardRat
11-02-2015, 04:19 PM
He doesn't owe me an apology to begin with.

kingJofNYC
11-02-2015, 04:38 PM
I have no problem with Sammy, hope he stays healthy and hungry.

Athletes should stay off social media, or keep it private, it's just a distraction and can get you into trouble.

Meathead
11-02-2015, 04:40 PM
already did. he doesnt strike me as one of these lost gangsta dillweeds that have infested our beloved blackness, pretty decent kid who let his frustration boil over in a public setting. no biggie, seems like hes already learned from it and did the right thing. id like to see him avoid the deep ghetto malaprops in public communications so that he doesnt reinforce the popular dumb idea that ignorance doesnt matter, which i hope he meant when he said he had some 'typos' in his messages. gotta turn around that horrible part of our popular culture and he could be a good role model in that regard. already is actually

TacklingDummy
11-02-2015, 04:43 PM
No.
Just a spoiled azzholez.

Mace
11-02-2015, 04:50 PM
He can say anything he wants when he lights up the league, until then I don't listen to him anyway, besides noting he's getting grumpy at his lack of achievement and doesn't seem to think he has much to do with it.

MillsapsBillsFan
11-02-2015, 04:56 PM
I never had that big of a problem with what he's said anyways. So yes I guess?

Mr. Pink
11-02-2015, 04:57 PM
If you'd rather not have to listen to that idiot, here's what he said in written form...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bills-receiver-watkins-apologizes-reaction-critics-195423055--nfl.html

''I knew what I was doing, taking a shot, but it's something I shouldn't have done as a football player and a professional,'' Watkins said.

So he knew what he was doing, did it anyway and didn't realize there was going to be backlash? Obviously it's not didn't care there was backlash since he's now apologizing for it. Idiot.

cookie G
11-02-2015, 05:22 PM
His Twitter temper tantrum was pretty immature but liveable.

But telling his agent to talk to management/coaching about getting more touches equates to Pop Warner antics.

****t.....they were beating the Colts 27-0 at one point and he's crying about not getting the ball...but he's REALLY team player, really..he is.

The little boy has some growing up to do.

BillsImpossible
11-02-2015, 05:59 PM
I'll accept his apology when he backs his fat mouth up with production on the field instead of a keyboard.

TakingItuptheChin
11-02-2015, 06:11 PM
I don't accept this here boy's apology. He says too many ummms.

BertSquirtgum
11-02-2015, 08:46 PM
I like the apology. Like i said previously. He's a stupid kid that made a mistake. Hope he gets healthy and helps the Bills finish 10-6.

gebobs
11-02-2015, 11:10 PM
Just frickin get on the field and stfu.

GreedoII
11-03-2015, 05:26 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Sammy-Watkins-Working-to-get-back-on-the-field/1094b6f3-e39a-4151-a06b-5e8ac89076eb

He's a humble young kid IMO and he screwed up. Hopefully he can stay healthy and we can throw to him more. I think he can be great.

who cares....fans are morons and deserve bite back if they troll....grow up Bills fans....seriously

Mahdi
11-03-2015, 05:56 AM
Good kid, doesn't owe apology. Takes maturity to say what he said yesterday.

Buckets
11-03-2015, 06:12 AM
What does he mean by "he's got no hard feelings"? He still has some proving to do on the field.

Skooby
11-03-2015, 06:14 AM
He wasn't talking about me, I'm in Naples FL living it up while he's on the field getting his head / body cracked up.

Dude
11-03-2015, 06:52 AM
If I don't, what difference does it make?

EDS
11-03-2015, 07:09 AM
I hope his apology was genuine and not him saying what the team and his advisors have told him to say.

OpIv37
11-03-2015, 07:27 AM
If this came from someone with a history like Stevie or Whitner, I wouldn't buy the apology.

But, this is the first incident like this with Sammy so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it was a one-time lapse in judgment.

Saratoga Slim
11-03-2015, 09:14 AM
Ditto, with the caveat that I also said that about the "It's making me look bad and them look bad" comments about not throwing him the ball enough. I guess I'll call it a three strikes policy.

At the end of the day if he's putting up numbers I don't really care what he says. This just goes into the general likability/"will I buy my kid his jersey" conversation

The King
11-03-2015, 09:20 AM
What he said didn't phase me the first time. I don't need to accept anything from him. Just do your job.

ParanoidAndroid
11-03-2015, 09:20 AM
His Twitter temper tantrum was pretty immature but liveable.

But telling his agent to talk to management/coaching about getting more touches equates to Pop Warner antics.

****t.....they were beating the Colts 27-0 at one point and he's crying about not getting the ball...but he's REALLY team player, really..he is.

The little boy has some growing up to do.

Actually, he was interviewed after the Indy game about not getting stats. I'm paraphrasing, but he said he didn't care as long as they get the W and he's happy to contribute by doing the other things a WR does like blocking and playing decoy.

I think he's not taking any of that seriously. I also guarantee that every high draft pick with high end talent has conversations about their involvement in the offense with their agent because that's how they get that big contract. I don't blame him for being frustrated. He apologized which is more than many other egomaniac NFL players would do.

ParanoidAndroid
11-03-2015, 09:23 AM
who cares....fans are morons and deserve bite back if they troll....grow up Bills fans....seriously

This, too.

Historian
11-03-2015, 09:37 AM
I hope his apology was genuine and not him saying what the team and his advisors have told him to say.

His 'apology' has Scott Berchtold written all over it.

The Ummmms are from the two of them rehearsing it together.

Another first round bust.

djjimkelly
11-03-2015, 09:40 AM
could care less if he apologizes or starts hitting the pipe

score touchdowns, stay healthy, WIN. and we will all love u

cookie G
11-03-2015, 07:22 PM
Actually, he was interviewed after the Indy game about not getting stats. I'm paraphrasing, but he said he didn't care as long as they get the W and he's happy to contribute by doing the other things a WR does like blocking and playing decoy.

So he asked his Daddy (Eugene Parker) to yell at the coaches..when?

-Was it after teh NE game when he was targeted 8 times?
-Or the Miami game when he had one catch, got hurt, and they were winning 27-0?

I think he's not taking any of that seriously.

Serious enough to have his dad yell at the coaches.

I also guarantee that every high draft pick with high end talent has conversations about their involvement in the offense with their agent because that's how they get that big contract. I don't blame him for being frustrated.

That must go over well in the locker room.

My agent says you have to throw me the ball so I can get a big contract and get out of here!

I don't care if we're scoring right now, I haven't met my quota!

He apologized which is more than many other egomaniac NFL players would do.

This is at least the 3rd time this year he's either apologized or claim he's misqouted.

He's really not off to a good start on a number of levels.

He needs to grow up.

OpIv37
11-03-2015, 07:35 PM

Another first round bust.

Of course a WR is going to be a first round bust with no OL and no QB.

BuffaloRedleg
11-03-2015, 07:56 PM
It would have been amazing if he doubled-down and owned it.

People who troll athletes are ​ losers.

Night Train
11-04-2015, 04:47 AM
Could care less. They are all hired mercenaries just passing through.

But go ahead and buy their jerseys. :rolleyes:

Jimbuktu
11-04-2015, 05:20 AM
It would have been amazing if he doubled-down and owned it.

People who troll athletes are ​ losers.

agree 100 percent. i would love that.

this is a non-issue for me. could care less about this kind of media fodder nonsense.

CommissarSpartacus
11-05-2015, 06:43 PM
Anyone with hair that ridiculous is self-obsessed.

It was idiotic drafting him in the first place.

sudzy
11-06-2015, 03:43 PM
Of course a WR is going to be a first round bust with no OL and no QB.

You know this and I know this... How the hell does a highly paid "football guy" NOT know this?

Novacane
11-08-2015, 03:15 PM
Yes. I accept his apology!

BrianCarr
11-08-2015, 03:45 PM

Another first round bust.Hmmmm. Had a really good game today.

Maybe your in-depth analysis is a bit premature.

YardRat
11-08-2015, 04:50 PM
Well, if Sammy can keep putting up like he did today (he made one of the best corners in the league, Grimes, his *****) and learn to shut up (kids mature, hopefully he learns) and stay healthy he may eventually prove to be worth the picks.

Luisito23
11-08-2015, 06:02 PM
If he always played like he did today and stayed healthy, who gives a ***** what he says.

Joe Fo Sho
11-08-2015, 06:41 PM
If he always played like he did today and stayed healthy, who gives a ***** what he says.

I think everyone agrees with this sentiment. It's not like the guy is Greg Hardy or anything, he just mouthed off on social media like an idiot. Score points and people will forget he ever had an Instagram account.