PDA

View Full Version : “Tyrod is back,” said Ryan.

BillsImpossible
11-02-2015, 07:00 PM
“We expect him 100-percent for this game, that’s huge."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Tyrod-Taylor-expected-to-start-Sunday-other-injured-Bills-return/b34c1f99-e654-4cbf-b294-3e66193cfbf8

http://www.buffalobills.com/assets/images/imported/BUF/photos/article-assets/Story-Photos/2015-october/tyrod-practice-11-2.jpg

Mace
11-02-2015, 07:02 PM
Well good I guess, but I don't expect him to make it 4 more games without being harmed again.

BillsImpossible
11-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Well good I guess, but I don't expect him to make it 4 more games without being harmed again.

There's something to be said about running QB's here.

Fitzpatrick got hurt running the ball yesterday. Taylor got hurt running the ball. RG3...you get what I mean.

When's the last time you saw Tom Brady or Peyton Manning run the damn ball, save for the QB sneak up the middle for a half yard from Brady?

I like how the Bills have handled Tyrod so far. They really haven't put him in as many running situations that I thought they would.

He has 31 rushes in 5 games played so far for an average of about 6 rushes per game.

I'd like to see that number cut in half to about 3 rushes per game.

Taylor has played better than expected as a pocket passing quarterback.

http://www.nfl.com/player/tyrodtaylor/2495240/gamelogs

BillsImpossible
11-02-2015, 07:21 PM
From 2013.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/nfl-teams-that-win-turnover-battle-have-72-17-record/26247/

Over the past five full seasons, clubs with more takeaways than giveaways have a combined 810-220-2 (.786) record.

Mace
11-02-2015, 07:40 PM

Fitzpatrick got hurt running the ball yesterday. Taylor got hurt running the ball. RG3...you get what I mean.

When's the last time you saw Tom Brady or Peyton Manning run the damn ball, save for the QB sneak up the middle for a half yard from Brady?

I like how the Bills have handled Tyrod so far. They really haven't put him in as many running situations that I thought they would.

He has 31 rushes in 5 games played so far for an average of about 6 rushes per game.

Might be, but I'm still telling you I don't expect him to make it 4 more games without being harmed again. That there is a knee brace. Knees should make you nervous. Doesn't really matter if he's running or in the pocket, he's wearing a knee brace because his knee was hurt, a handful of games into his career as a starter.

I don't want him to get hurt, I don't not like him, I'm making no comment on his style or how they use him, I'm just pointing out this strikes me as ominous and and I'm not expecting it to work out well for the obvious reasons.

BillsImpossible
11-02-2015, 07:56 PM
Might be, but I'm still telling you I don't expect him to make it 4 more games without being harmed again. That there is a knee brace. Knees should make you nervous. Doesn't really matter if he's running or in the pocket, he's wearing a knee brace because his knee was hurt, a handful of games into his career as a starter.

I don't want him to get hurt, I don't not like him, I'm making no comment on his style or how they use him, I'm just pointing out this strikes me as ominous and and I'm not expecting it to work out well for the obvious reasons.

Was that some kind of new wrestling move?

"The Mace Brace."

Yeh, I saw that brace too and have to admit it does not look good.

Rex is blowing smoke as usual, saying he expects Tyrod to be 100%

If he was 100%, what's up with the knee brace?

Just, "precautionary," I hope.

Will Ryan Fitzpatrick invent a thumb brace? He needs surgery.

I'll take no surgery and a knee brace over surgery any day.

Mace
11-02-2015, 08:34 PM
Was that some kind of new wrestling move?

"The Mace Brace."

Yeh, I saw that brace too and have to admit it does not look good.

Rex is blowing smoke as usual, saying he expects Tyrod to be 100%

If he was 100%, what's up with the knee brace?

Just, "precautionary," I hope.

Will Ryan Fitzpatrick invent a thumb brace? He needs surgery.

I'll take no surgery and a knee brace over surgery any day.

Take a QB who can play more than 12 games a season if you bank on anything.

If that's the "Mace Brace", my knee is already hurting and I'm waiting for it to wobble before a muscular guy wobbles it for me worse. He's not going to make it far. We've seen this before. It's happening again, it's not my fault for seeing it. You'll take no surgery and a knee brace for another week or two then be happy surgery might make it ok next year, with a knee brace and we have a brand new season of "maybe" arguments.

No clue what happens with Fitz, but I don't live in New Jersey so it doesn't bother me much.

This season will not end well or heroically, it's painful to even already know it, but you do too.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-02-2015, 08:40 PM
You can still run occasionally and pick up yards, but he needs to learn to protect himself better. Russell Wilson runs and scrambles but he rarely gets splattered because he knows how to avoid big hits and when to give himself up.

BertSquirtgum
11-02-2015, 08:50 PM
I wish Jim Kelly was back.

Goobylal
11-02-2015, 09:18 PM
Too bad JK didn't play in this pussified era of football. He'd have played for 20 years.

Meathead
11-03-2015, 04:04 AM
alex smith ran for like eighty yards and a td this week. and when he slides he does it like three yards before anybody can touch him

slide like the white guys tyrod

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-03-2015, 04:06 AM
alex smith ran for like eighty yards and a td this week. and when he slides he does it like three yards before anybody can touch him

slide like the white guys tyrod

oh, you mean slide like a white guy, like Ryan Fitzpatrick never does?

idiotic.

Meathead
11-03-2015, 04:12 AM
true. he could have avoided that hit but was a dumbass and let the guy hit him. i like fitzy but since hes on the jets him glad he was a dumbass this time. tbh i hope hes out the rest of the season and the jets have to roll with possibly the dumbest qb in the league

EDS
11-03-2015, 07:10 AM
So Bills by 40 over the Fins?

ParanoidAndroid
11-03-2015, 09:41 AM

The QB injuries are a huge reason why the read-option offense is rare in the NFL and it's not long before a team backtracks and tries to turn that read-option QB into a pocket passer. Tyrod has not been running the read-option. He has been working from the pocket and taking off when things break down. He runs the ball less than Kaepernick, Wilson and Newton. Your plan is to take a strength of his game and bottle it up because he might get injured. How do we win the Titans game with that plan?

Woodman
11-03-2015, 10:27 AM
Clay will have a great day !!

Mahdi
11-03-2015, 11:23 AM

I don't know that he needs to reduce the number of rushes but to just be smarter about them. He can run 10 times per game if he wants but don't take the hits.

Another player who has 31 rushing attempts (in 7 games) ... Aaron Rodgers. Difference is that Rodgers gets the first down and gets down. Tyrod is trying to take it to the house. Sometimes I wouldn't blame him for trying with that speed but sometimes you just gotta get down or out of bounds.

sukie
11-03-2015, 01:26 PM
Wasn't Brady the leading rusher for the Pats? Does that count as running when you hand the ball off 5 times all game?

justasportsfan
11-04-2015, 08:48 AM
Dear David Lee,

Please teach ALL your Qb's to NOT stare down their targets . If you don't know how to teach that, just bring in a megaphone and might as well announce their targets to stop wasting our time.

Thank you.

WagonCircler
11-04-2015, 09:45 AM
Dear David Lee,

Please teach ALL your Qb's to NOT stare down their targets . If you don't know how to teach that, just bring in a megaphone and might as well announce their targets to stop wasting our time.

Thank you.

Quarterbacks who are not naturally accurate passers and who have slow eyes? Good luck with that.

notacon
11-04-2015, 09:56 AM
Well...I wonder if we're going to get the good Tyrod, or the terrible one. Here are his Total QBR standing by week (http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr):

Week 1 - #5
Week 2 - #25
Week 3 - #1
Week 4 - #28
Week 5 - #6

The Jokeman
11-04-2015, 10:58 AM

Not me Kelly was horrible his final year, we're now twenty years later and he'd probably be a lot worse today than he was in 1995.

Joe Fo Sho
11-04-2015, 11:18 AM
Well...I wonder if we're going to get the good Tyrod, or the terrible one. Here are his Total QBR standing by week (http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr):

Week 1 - #5
Week 2 - #25
Week 3 - #1
Week 4 - #28
Week 5 - #6

This caused me to look up Tyrod's passer rating this year, it's 103.6. I was surprised that it was so high, hopefully he can keep it up.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-04-2015, 11:25 AM
This caused me to look up Tyrod's passer rating this year, it's 103.6. I was surprised that it was so high, hopefully he can keep it up.

Passer rating doesn't account for sacks, fumbles, scrambles when your first read isn't open, or throwing short of the sticks on 3rd down. I am cautiously optimistic about Taylor, but Passer rating is overselling him IMO.

Joe Fo Sho
11-04-2015, 11:33 AM
Passer rating doesn't account for sacks, fumbles, scrambles when your first read isn't open, or throwing short of the sticks on 3rd down. I am cautiously optimistic about Taylor, but Passer rating is overselling him IMO.

I agree.

There is no perfect formula for statistics. Passer rating plus the eye test is what I've always used. The reason I was surprised by how high his passer rating was is because he did not rate that highly on my eye test. Still, it's a decent metric to use when you understand the formula and how it's applied.