• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Bills will make the playoffs if they stay healthy

If the Bills stay healthy, they'll make the playoffs. It's not because we are so much better than the other teams, it's because the other teams are playing worse. So we'll be what's left when it's all said and done, then we will see what we have left.

It's all about keeping our starters on the field, that should be considered in everything we do.
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Bills will make the playoffs if they stay healthy

I don't know. Yes they are much better with Tyrod in at QB. Yes, they'd probably be 4-3 at worst if EJ didn't start the last 2 games.

Still. 3-4. You have to think 10-6 is the worst record you can have if you want a WC spot. That means they have to go 7-2 in the final 9 games. 7-1 really, because there's no way they beat New England in Foxboro on a Monday Night.

Very little room for error.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

One game at a time bud. One game at a time.

I think we will beat the Dolphins this Sunday, but they are a much more motivated team than the team we beat in Miami. We are 2 point favourites.

The next 3 consecutive road games look difficult. The Jets have QB difficulties of their own, but their D so far has played better than ours. The Chiefs have turned the corner and are playing well. The Pats will destroy us.

Getting to 10-6 will be difficult.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

The next 3 games are very winnable. Unfortunately, this season has shown that they don't always win those games.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Miami doesn't match up well against us and EJ would be a starter for the Jets, so those games are very winnable (most likely will be wins). If we have our full offensive compliments, we will score and score more often than not.

We had a grocery bagging Running back starting recently, so it's all about fielding a talented / healthy team. That'll be the key to this season now, our near term opponents probably won't be.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
            Making Spirits Bright
            • Mar 2006

If you had to guess, how many times since 2012 do you think Rex has been able to win 2 games in a row? That's almost 3 1/2 seasons, 55 games.

To see the answer, highlight this text ----> Twice

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • Jun 2024

Oh what bully Rex is.

Comment

• HAMMER
                I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                • Jul 2003

Ain't happening with Rex as HC.

Comment

• gebobs
                  One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                  Miami doesn't match up well against us
                  The league and Miami have learned a lot about us since Week 1.

EJ would be a starter for the Jets
                  EJ wouldn't start in Pop Warner if I was the coach.
                  Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                    I don't know. Yes they are much better with Tyrod in at QB. Yes, they'd probably be 4-3 at worst if EJ didn't start the last 2 games.

Still. 3-4. You have to think 10-6 is the worst record you can have if you want a WC spot. That means they have to go 7-2 in the final 9 games. 7-1 really, because there's no way they beat New England in Foxboro on a Monday Night.

Very little room for error.
                    And the loss has to be an NFC team. 10-6 with 5 AFC losses most likely means we lose on a tiebreaker.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Looking at the standings, NE, Denver and Cincy are all undefeated at 7-0 and virtual locks to win their divs. there are no 5 or 6 win teams, so there is a logjam of 3 and 4 win teams

The AFC south is pathetic so I'm gonna assume no WC competition there. The remaining 3-4 win teams are the Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Steelers, Raiders and Chiefs. Chiefs and Steeles have played 8, other teams have a game in hand with 7.

If we sweep the Jets and Fish, it takes them completely out of tiebreaker concern for us. Thats our best shot at it.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ed
                        Dude
                        • Sep 2002

I don't know that I see any of the WC contenders right now getting to 10 wins. Maybe one team goes on a streak and gets to 10, but I expect at least one WC team to be 9-7 or worse.

The Steelers still have three tough games where they're likely to be significant underdogs playing @Seattle, @Cincy, and vs Denver. The Raiders have tough games also, vs Minnesota, @Denver, vs Green Bay, and KC twice. And one of them is going to have another loss after they play each other this weekend.

The Bills are going to have a tough time going 7-2 to finish the season and who knows what the Jets qb situation is going to look like. There's no way Miami is good enough to go 7-2 the rest of the way either.

I'm not even really considering the Chiefs as WC contenders since they already have 5 losses and their next game is @Denver, followed by another road division game before facing the Bills. Hopefully the Chiefs will be 3-7 and thinking about the draft by the time they face the Bills.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                          The next 3 games are very winnable. Unfortunately, this season has shown that they don't always win those games.
                          How so? Miami and Jets yes but you think at New England Monday night is winnable?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

If we win the next 3 games, we're making the playoffs. I know NE is not going to be easy but I've seen some defensive efforts that made Brady curl up, it can happen.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                              • Aug 2013

The NFL is absolutely awful.

This isn't parity.

This is a situation where 5 or so teams are a perfectly cooked steak, 22 or so teams are diaper garbage, and the rest are dirty diaper garbage on fire.

Something has to give in this league. I know I keep beating this dead horse but the league is an absolute joke.

Comment

Working...
                              X