X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Albany,n.y.
    • Jul 2002

What a strange week in the NFL-Gabbert starts Mularkey coaches

It looks like 2 teams are pulling out all the stops in an attempt to get that coveted #1 pick.
    SF trades Davis & then names Gabbert their starting QB. Tennessee sees the Mularkey Miracle as their best shot.
  • feldspar
    • Mar 2007

Re: What a strange week in the NFL-Gabbert starts Mularkey coaches

I think the 49ers are definitely throwing in the towel, quite possibly shooting for the first pick. I mean who in their right mind who choose to start Gabbert on purpose? Trading Vernon certainly won't make them better, either. Makes them deliberately worse. He's a good player who will have success in Denver, I think. San Fran went so far into the toilet so fast that they may as we'll go whole-hog at this point.

The Titans really needed to fire Whisenhunt, sooner or later. I'm not so sure that they'll have a worse record without him...I really doubt that. Nowhere to go but up for them. Also, the Titans already have their quarterback for the foreseeable future in Mariota. I really think the Titans are trying to help themselves THIS YEAR, at any rate.
    Last edited by feldspar; 11-03-2015, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
      • Jul 2002

Re: What a strange week in the NFL-Gabbert starts Mularkey coaches

I wonder if Ray Horton is going the Jerry Gray route: Once thought of as a possible head coaching candidate, then they bring in Dick Lebeau to help him coordinate the defense, now Mularkey chosen over him to take the interim coaching job. It's been a downhill slide ever since Arizona passed him by and hired Bruce Arians.

Comment

Working...
      X