PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland/Cinci

Mace
11-05-2015, 07:22 PM
I kind of feel bad for Pettine though I know I shouldn't.

stuckincincy
11-05-2015, 09:22 PM
I kind of feel bad for Pettine though I know I shouldn't.

Not a bad outing for Manziel in an over-rmatched game. CIN figured things over the half, but I was a bit surprised that CLE didn't continue with the roll-outs. My guess is that CLE wanted to see how Manzeil would do, staying in the pocket. Not so good, as it turned out, but if that's what they did, I approve. Got to see how he does...

Nice stats game by Dalton - 21/76, 3 tds, but the big thing is his ball protection this season. I'd guess there were at least 5 plays where he refused to force the ball, got some rush yards with a quick decision.

Mr. Pink
11-05-2015, 09:24 PM
Playing in the second half is optional for the Browns, apparently. Two weeks in a row now they've just taken off the entire second half.

Manziel didn't look as comfortable or free to improvise in the 2nd half but they had no running game and his receivers did him no favors constantly dropping passes.

stuckincincy
11-05-2015, 10:05 PM
Playing in the second half is optional for the Browns, apparently. Two weeks in a row now they've just taken off the entire second half.

Manziel didn't look as comfortable or free to improvise in the 2nd half but they had no running game and his receivers did him no favors constantly dropping passes.

CLE was wr-weak going in, for sure. Their own fault - they somehow have had a ton of high round picks the last few seasons, and have been (correctly) pummeled by the pundits and their fans alike for not drafting wrs. I saw what you say about the drops, but the CIN dbs had no particular problems denying the sideline or the middle to what CLE had.

CLE was 14 for 53 on the ground in the 1st half. CIN was 14 for 59. Both were at about 3.8/carry. Down but 4 points at the half, CLE only run the ball 3 times in the 2nd half.

The more I think about it, the more I think that the 2-win Browns used the 2nd half to find out things about Manzeil.

Mace
11-06-2015, 05:04 PM
The more I think about it, the more I think that the 2-win Browns used the 2nd half to find out things about Manzeil.

They have nothing to lose in using the rest of the season to do the same though.

stuckincincy
11-06-2015, 07:17 PM
They have nothing to lose in using the rest of the season to do the same though.

True, but McCown's been having a decent season for them so far. I suspect they'll be loyal to him.

Manziel definetely needs work, though. In the 2nd half, CIN pretty much stopped blitzing him and dropped back into cover 2. Which forced him out of roll-outs, and he couldn't beat the coverage.

Mace
11-07-2015, 04:15 PM
True, but McCown's been having a decent season for them so far. I suspect they'll be loyal to him.

Manziel definetely needs work, though. In the 2nd half, CIN pretty much stopped blitzing him and dropped back into cover 2. Which forced him out of roll-outs, and he couldn't beat the coverage.

Yep.

That's why the McCown thing is a mess. Be loyal to him when you're 2-7 only if Manziel either convinced you he's learning better slow, or not learning at all. If they're uncertain about Manziel with another draft coming up and Farmer/Pettine's seats getting hot, they have to play Manziel.