• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Miami/Buffalo postgame thoughts

-I hope Taylor, McCoy, Watkins and Karlos Williams can stay healthy and do their thing consistently. Makes us look like we should be a formidable team.
    -I'm not sure that the Bills don't just match up well against Miami in their current state.
    -I was happy about the results and enjoyed the win, but I have my doubts that happens again against teams that aren't Miami.
    -I really like the way Karlos hits a hole and doesn't try and dance.
    -I think Taylor, who is still developing as a starter (though we sometimes forget it), shows some real promise.
    -I like the players but don't like defense that just strikes me as bendy and awkward when the game is still in question.
    -I think Miami really is a good team without a coaching staff. With better clock management, a sense of urgency, and a better defensive scheme...well, I guess I'm trying to say they remind me of the Bills defense, they are not the sum of their pieces.
    -For some reason I just don't feel that excited.

Looking forward to the Jets game, but wary about this team, not to rain on a parade.
  • SeatownBillsFan21
    • Mar 2004

Re: Miami/Buffalo postgame thoughts

penalty's are killing this team still.... Happy with the win always nice to sweep the Fish.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

I still miss Schwartz.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

I think most feel the same way. Happy with the win but still not expecting much. Really irritated that Rex has taken the same players that were a top D and turned them into average on a good day.

Comment

• mdcas22
          the mouth of the south
          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
          I still miss Schwartz.
          Rex might dismantle this defense before alls said and done.

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by mdcas22 View Post
            Rex might dismantle this defense before alls said and done.
            Yeah, I have a feeling he will try and remodel it in his own image.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
              I still miss Schwartz.
              I don't.

Schwartz knew how to put together a good defense. Never did he have a great defense.

Rex Ryan is trying to put together a great defense, and I saw a glimpse of that today.

It's still a work in progress, but it was the closest thing to great I've seen all season.

Miami had some excellent play calls today. Their offense isn't a joke.

This game is what football is all about.

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

big important win but does this look like a playoff team to anybody? long stretches of not being able to do crap, defense gave up a ton of yards, still cranking out penalties like they get paid to make them

how many fkn personal fouls penalties does jerry hughes have to take before hes officially declared mentally ******ed? absolutely no need to shoulder the qb oob like he did. stupid stupid stupid. after everything hes been though thats just unacceptable. great play later to turn the game but i would still sit him for a qtr if i was rex. he just cant stop and its going to kill the team (again) sooner or later
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                  • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                  big important win but does this look like a playoff team to anybody? long stretches of not being able to do crap, defense gave up a ton of yards, still cranking out penalties like they get paid to make them

how many fkn personal fouls penalties does jerry hughes have to take before hes officially declared mentally ******ed? absolutely no need to shoulder the qb oob like he did. stupid stupid stupid. after everything hes been though thats just unacceptable. great play later to turn the game but i would still sit him for a qtr if i was rex. he just cant stop and its going to kill the team (again) sooner or later
                  There aren't more than 5-6 teams in the league that look like playoff teams to me.

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Duke Williams has improved.

Comment

• cookie G
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                      -I like the players but don't like defense that just strikes me as bendy and awkward when the game is still in question.
                      I don't hate a bend-but-don't-break-defense when needed (for instance, my son's HS team seriously needed a BBDB defense).

I don't see where its needed here.

For threatening to blitz as much as he does, they really don't blitz...just threaten to.

But when you do blitz, you better have somoene coming through the line relatively clean.

that hasn't happened much this year (I made a comment in the GD thread when Hughes finally broke free up the middle for a sack).

It has been looking pretty Dick Jauronish...kinda like Rex has lost his nerve on most plays.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Rex's 'blitz' scheme is, for the most part really, 'Guess who's coming dinner?' from the front seven and safeties, sometimes even the corners. He doesn't usually send more than four but because LBers and DBacks are often involved some like to call it blitzing.

I agree with those who made the comments about Rex dismantling this defense in favor of more of 'his' type guys that fit 'his' mold. Too bad...opportunity lost. But, that's usually what happens when you try to fix something that isn't broke.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                          • Mar 2013

11/12 for 184 yards.

This is the first, "Ground and Pound," win I've seen all season.

The Bills running game averaged 7.4 yards per carry.

LeSean McCoy and Karlos Williams both ran for over 100 yards.

Comment

• jimmifli
                            • Nov 2006

McCoy looked like FJax finding the hole, great vision and patience, then looked like Spiller accelerating past guys that thought they had a step on him. He can put up 100 yards on anyone.

I don't think they played well today, but when the playmakers get enough chances it doesn't matter. Winning while playing meh is what playoff teams do.

Comment

• Mike13
                              • Aug 2005

Good game but the Refs spotted you 14 points

Comment

Working...
                              X