PDA

View Full Version : On to the Jests!!!

justasportsfan
11-09-2015, 08:08 AM
This game scares me. It's an emotional game for Rexy. Just like the Pats game and I'm worried our players will play like idiots. Could be a game record in penalties for the bills in NFL History.

casdhf
11-09-2015, 09:02 AM
Regardless of what we the fans think of Rex, his players tend to love him. They're going to want to destroy the Jefs.

trapezeus
11-09-2015, 09:10 AM
Luckily it's a very short week. There is no time for pomp.

I I think we can win especially on the road. We can be a little more relaxed.

OpIv37
11-09-2015, 09:29 AM
Regardless of what we the fans think of Rex, his players tend to love him. They're going to want to destroy the Jefs.

But thats how they felt about the Patriots game and we saw how disastrous that turned out to be.

justasportsfan
11-09-2015, 09:32 AM

Its not wrong to want to play hard for your coach as long as you don't self destruct in the process. I'm not sure it the Pats players even like BB, but they sure play hard for him.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-09-2015, 09:33 AM
Ordinarily I would give the nod to a Rex defense on a short week. Given that it's about confusing the QB, the less prep time the better.

But of course, the game is against Rex's old team and a Coach/QB who played him many times, mitigating that advantage entirely.

I think Taylor and McCoy have to win this game, I think Fitz will have a good day.

Ed
11-09-2015, 09:36 AM
If the Bills win this week they'll move up into one of the WC spots regardless of what happens in the other games. A win would put them ahead of the Jets and keep them ahead of the Raiders based on tie-breakers. Hopefully the Steelers drop one of their more winnable games against the Browns now that Roethlisberger is out for at least a week. A win against the Jets would give the Bills a 5-3 conference record, which would be best among the WC contenders.

I'm not giving the Bills any chance to win against the Pats, so I consider this game pretty close to a must win.

Not sure if the short week helps or hurts their chances, but I like that there is less time for hype and build-up.

justasportsfan
11-09-2015, 09:43 AM
I think Fitz will have a good day.
I watched a few jets games. Fitz hasn't changed. He still takes a lot of chances/risks with his arm. What's different is that he has Marshall instead of Stevie. Fitz will force balls to Marshall thinking his receiver will win the match up and Marshall has made Fitz look good.

I would cover the short to middle field and dare Fitz to go deep . I like Gilmore on Marshal and Darby/Leodis on Decker.
Mangold could be out and the DL has to collapse the pocket and force Fitz into Hughes or Mario.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-09-2015, 09:50 AM
I don't like mctoast on anything. Dude is not clutch and never will be

Ed
11-09-2015, 10:13 AM
I'm not really sure what to think of the Jets or this game, but I'm encouraged by the fact that Rex seemed to really own Gailey and Fitz when they were here. During the Gailey years I actually hated facing the Jets more than anyone else because we always seemed to be at our worst and really struggle. I thought most of our games against the Pats during that time were closer and more competitive than facing the Jets.

Mr. Miyagi
11-09-2015, 10:30 AM
If the Bills win this week they'll move up into one of the WC spots regardless of what happens in the other games. A win would put them ahead of the Jets and keep them ahead of the Raiders based on tie-breakers. Hopefully the Steelers drop one of their more winnable games against the Browns now that Roethlisberger is out for at least a week. A win against the Jets would give the Bills a 5-3 conference record, which would be best among the WC contenders.

I'm not giving the Bills any chance to win against the Pats, so I consider this game pretty close to a must win.

Not sure if the short week helps or hurts their chances, but I like that there is less time for hype and build-up.
Too much on the line. Every time we have a lot on the line we choke. This worries me a lot.

Mr. Miyagi
11-09-2015, 10:31 AM
Wasn't last year's snow game in Detroit against the Jets? We destroyed them.

sukie
11-09-2015, 10:34 AM
have we won games back to back?... no.

Have we lost almost sure wins? Yep.

Victor7
11-09-2015, 10:57 AM
Its a nationally televised game. You guys know we save our best (worst actually) for those.

This game scares me.

We are also kings of losing to former employees. Chan and Fitz are ready to keep the trend going strong. In fact of the top of my head I think Chan and Fitz were mostly successful vs Rex's Jets when they were here.

I do think we have a chance. But I'm scared they are gonna do what they do when the spotlight is on.

jamze132
11-09-2015, 11:03 AM
This game will hinge on our defense. We'll drop 30 on the Jets...

Forward_Lateral
11-09-2015, 11:04 AM
I hope they learned from when Fitz was QB here. You have to get pressure on him up the middle. Get in his face and he will make horrible decisions. Jam the receivers at the line. Bump them off of their routes. The more you can disrupt the timing, the better.

sukie
11-09-2015, 11:27 AM
This game will hinge on our defense. We'll drop 30 on the Jets...

Nice sentiment... We are laying against a vastly superior D than we did against Miami PLUS Jets are in a must win situation

IlluminatusUIUC
11-09-2015, 01:06 PM

Orton and marrone had the Jets number that year. In the first game Geno geno'd so hard they had to pull him in the first quarter.

Joe Fo Sho
11-09-2015, 01:22 PM
In the first game Geno geno'd so hard they had to pull him in the first quarter.

Never go full Geno.

Ed
11-09-2015, 01:56 PM
Its a nationally televised game. You guys know we save our best (worst actually) for those.

This game scares me.

We are also kings of losing to former employees. Chan and Fitz are ready to keep the trend going strong. In fact of the top of my head I think Chan and Fitz were mostly successful vs Rex's Jets when they were here.

I do think we have a chance. But I'm scared they are gonna do what they do when the spotlight is on.
Not sure what games you were watching, but Gailey was 1-5 against Rex and got blown out in 4 of the 5 losses. In fact his only win against Rex was the last game he ever coached for the Bills. The last game of the 2012 season, which was meaningless for both teams, Gailey finally got his first win against Rex.

Mace
11-09-2015, 03:49 PM

Literally. In a wild barrage of poorly timed, costly, overemotional penalties. Have this feeling we end up looking undisciplined again and get pantsed on national TV.

Famous Amos
11-09-2015, 05:04 PM
I watched a few jets games. Fitz hasn't changed. He still takes a lot of chances/risks with his arm. What's different is that he has Marshall instead of Stevie. Fitz will force balls to Marshall thinking his receiver will win the match up and Marshall has made Fitz look good.

I would cover the short to middle field and dare Fitz to go deep . I like Gilmore on Marshal and Darby/Leodis on Decker.
Mangold could be out and the DL has to collapse the pocket and force Fitz into Hughes or Mario.

totally agreed! cover the short stuff, pressure Fitz on both sides, make him throw from the pocket. As soon as fitz gets outside the pocket, he has a much better shot at making a throw.

Famous Amos
11-09-2015, 05:12 PM
I'm worried about the offense. The Jets have the best run defense in the league. We have a great run offense but we have an inconsistent o line. I can picture a game starting off where our run game is stymied, causing third and longs, which puts more pressure on Taylor. Taylor looked great last Sunday but he only had to throw it a handful of times. He won't do as well if he has to throw it 20-30 times. If the Jests go up early on the Bills, this double the pressure on Taylor and I could see a first half where he's ineffectual and the could put up an egg. But then I see how the Jests secondary has allowed a ton of pass yards. Is it because the Jests have been playing with the lead, causing the opposition to throw to get back in the game? Or has the secondary been getting torched regardless? Hopefully Taylor can take advantage of the poor secondary play and find his options.

I believe its up to the offense to win this game. I can't rely on the defense like I could last year. They just aren't playing the same quality football. But the offense has been a pleasant surprise. I think the Bills will struggle to run the ball and Taylor will have to play a game where he will take what's given to him.

YardRat
11-09-2015, 05:14 PM
Clay is going to be a big factor in this game, IMO.

Victor7
11-09-2015, 05:35 PM
Not sure what games you were watching, but Gailey was 1-5 against Rex and got blown out in 4 of the 5 losses. In fact his only win against Rex was the last game he ever coached for the Bills. The last game of the 2012 season, which was meaningless for both teams, Gailey finally got his first win against Rex.

I miss remembered my friend.

You are correct he had Fitzy's number. Lets hope this Thursday is no different.

BillsImpossible
11-09-2015, 05:42 PM
The Jets kicker, Nick Folk is out with a quad injury.

Center, Nick Mangold injured his neck (again) and will likely be held out.

Glad to being playing again so soon on Thursday. Hope they pick up where they left off and keep the momentum going.

It'll be interesting to see how well the Bills run against the Jets #1 run defense.

BP
11-10-2015, 06:14 AM
The Jets have a lot of injuries and their kicker Nick Folk is out for at least a month if not the season on IR. If the Jets play like they did against Jacksonville they'll probably get killed on national tv.

Cleve
11-10-2015, 07:04 AM

Yes, and that game was awesome. Every time dog-fighting Michael Vick got sacked (and happened often) I let out a quick chorus of "Who Let The Dogs Out? Who? Who? Who?".

Of course, the Jets are considerably improved this year post Rex Ryan - but we know that's just a coincidence. :)