PDA

View Full Version : Kelsay's Impact..

TypicalBill
07-23-2003, 01:47 PM
OK, now that we have him under contract..

How does he factor into our defensive rotation at LDE .. do you think he has enough to start from the 1st game or will they take it slow and increase his snaps as he gets familiar with the NFL required speed?

I think theres a big possibility that he spends more time onfield from the get go but Marcus Jones' and McKenzie's health issues will factor into that..

Here's how i think the LDE position will look like on the depth chart

1)Jones
2)Kelsay
3)McKenzie
4)Denney

Romes
07-23-2003, 01:59 PM
Right now according to the D&C it looks like the depth chart is actually.

1) Denny
2) Jones
3) Kelsay
4) McKenzie

But they said Jones wasn't at Mini Camps but he has the size and quickness to win the #1 spot.

Kelsay will be our #1 eventually, i think. Probably not this year though. But he has the motor to win the job in the future once he figures out the NFL. I don't think he will win the top spot this year but he will get a good number of snaps. If Jones goes down or isn't ready he might even get as many as 1/3 of them.

ryven
07-23-2003, 02:13 PM
Kelsay will have an impact but I dont know if he will start. I am looking for Irons to come in play this season and possibly have kelsay start towards the middle of the season and then they still may be sharing time to keep them fresh. Anyways yes kelsay will have an impact some time this season.

Doc
07-23-2003, 02:14 PM
I see Jones starting (at least 2 games, LOL!) and the other guys who show anything playing situationally.

NewYorkCity Backers
07-23-2003, 02:38 PM
I am enormously interested to see how the competition for the defensive end position plays out.

WG
07-23-2003, 03:08 PM
Irons is going to get cut, or what?

Novacane
07-23-2003, 03:09 PM
I agree with WYs................it's going to be a lot tougher for Irons to make the team this year.............I say theres better than 50% chance he gets cut

casdhf
07-23-2003, 03:14 PM
I think McKenzie gets cut

mypoorfriendme
07-23-2003, 03:17 PM
kinda sucks weve spent so many draft picks on DE in the past few years and only have schobel to show for it. denney was a disspointment last year, flowers was cut, and now we can hope that kelsey is the answer. i just have a gut feeling that hell start the majority of the season. i wonder if he would have it locked up had we drafted him in the first round? but at any rate, the amount of fresh legs well have there will compensate for the lack of high end player IMO

ryven
07-23-2003, 03:32 PM
Hell with limited time Irons and Denny played Though denny plaed a bit more Irons IMO produced more.

Earthquake Enyart
07-23-2003, 03:52 PM
Let Irons play DT in passing situations.

ryven
07-23-2003, 04:55 PM
Irons is a little small to play DT but Denny is tall and lanky I mean he is 275 but as tall as he is he could use more bulk were I think Irons is a good size he is about as big as schobel

The_Philster
07-23-2003, 07:21 PM
The major impact he's going to have is increase our number of choices at the position. It's not necessarily gonna mean that it's gonna be harder for Irons to make the team...it's going to be harder for all the DEs to make the team. Hopefully, Kelsay performs as the 1st round draft pick he was projected to be and it'll make the coaches' jobs that much tougher when it comes to do cutdowns.

Doc
07-23-2003, 08:37 PM
The Bills have spent 3 picks on DE under Donahoe, all 2nd rounders. That's not a lot when you consider Denney could play inside.

JefftheBillsfan
07-23-2003, 09:03 PM
I think Irons has just as good a shot to start as to get cut.

Tatonka
07-23-2003, 10:58 PM
grant irons is the guy i am pulling for most this training camp and season.

Jan Reimers
07-24-2003, 06:52 AM
Kelsay may start by default. I saw a brief clip of Jones goimg into TC on Empire, and it appeared he was still walking with a pronounced limp. The others all seem to be lacking in at least one key area.

Ebenezer
07-24-2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Romes
Right now according to the D&C it looks like the depth chart is actually.

1) Denny
2) Jones
3) Kelsay
4) McKenzie

But they said Jones wasn't at Mini Camps but he has the size and quickness to win the #1 spot.

They reiterated this on the radio this morning.