• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

Tyrod Taylor Top 5: Passer Rating, Comp. %, and YPA

Tyrod has a lot less pass attempts than most other qb's, but after six starts he's currently 4th in passer rating at 108.8. He's 3rd in YPA at 8.58. But best of all he's #1 in completion percentage at 71.8%. He's the only qb that's completed more than 70% of his passes. That's pretty awesome considering accuracy was one of his biggest concerns or question marks when they signed him. I don't know if he can keep that up, but it's encouraging.

Tyrod is now 4-2 as a starter and he's 4-0 when he doesn't turn the ball over. With McCoy and Karlos both back and healthy now I expect our running game to be a strength, which should help take some pressure off Tyrod and put him more favorable situations. I think the fact that he can be so dangerous with his feet also allows him to avoid some bad throws or throwing the ball away.

If our D was actually anywhere close to what we thought it would be, this could be a really good team.
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Tyrod Taylor Top 5: Passer Rating, Comp. %, and YPA

It's amazing stats & if he stays healthy then we have a shot. He played well all 4 quarters as well, no slow start.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Rex wanted him. Thank God.

He's tons better than Manuel/Cassel/Orton. Now we need depth behind him this next off-season.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

never in a zillion years could you predict a career 55% college passer with virtually zero nfl exp could turn into a 70%+ passer first time starting. i expect he will come back to earth some but still should be able to stay well over 60% from here on out. thats utterly amazing

cant make a better case for the value of having a guy sit behind a good starter for a few years
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

The completion percentage isn't necessarily impressive on it's own, but coupled with the YPA it becomes more significant.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Famous Amos
            • Jul 2013

Watching him Taylor play, it's refreshing to see a quarterback throw past the sticks when needing a first down. one incompletion, no interceptions, a few sacks. The only fault I could find with him is he could throw the ball away more often when in trouble. I'd rather see an incompletion than a 6 yard sack.
            "Hate is a lack of imagination."
            -Graham Greene

Comment

• Mace
              Haha...yeah you think so ?
              • Mar 2013

And he's still learning.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                My IQ Test results came back negative
                • Oct 2002

Remember in 2002 when Brady would throw for 15 attempts a game and the defense would win SBs. If only our defense could pick it up

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Congrats to Taylor - he's making the most of his opportunity.
                  Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Topas
                    German smartass
                    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Famous Amos View Post
                    Watching him Taylor play, it's refreshing to see a quarterback throw past the sticks when needing a first down. one incompletion, no interceptions, a few sacks. The only fault I could find with him is he could throw the ball away more often when in trouble. I'd rather see an incompletion than a 6 yard sack.
                    Agree, kind of. And then also not.
                    E.g. on his sack on the flea flicker, I was happy he did not throw the ball. If he throws the ball there, it is an interception. He is on his back foot and about to be nailed. I said interception when he moved his arm and started the throwing motion right before the sack. I was happy he did not throw it in the end.
                    And also, he so often extends a play and gets a pass off or runs for a few yards. And a QB who often does that will also get sacked. If he throws incompletions more often prior to getting sacked, we will also loose a few successful plays where he nearly got sacked, but managed to escape and made a positive play.

Comment

• Famous Amos
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Topas View Post
                      Agree, kind of. And then also not.
                      E.g. on his sack on the flea flicker, I was happy he did not throw the ball. If he throws the ball there, it is an interception. He is on his back foot and about to be nailed. I said interception when he moved his arm and started the throwing motion right before the sack. I was happy he did not throw it in the end.
                      And also, he so often extends a play and gets a pass off or runs for a few yards. And a QB who often does that will also get sacked. If he throws incompletions more often prior to getting sacked, we will also loose a few successful plays where he nearly got sacked, but managed to escape and made a positive play.
                      All good points. He certainly has an above average pocket awareness.
                      "Hate is a lack of imagination."
                      -Graham Greene

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Tyrod gets a ton of **** on this board....I don't understand it. He's effective so I have no idea why he gets treated like a gimmick.

And by the way he's smart and can throw a 5 yard swing pass.

Comment

• Cleve
                          • Oct 2004

Orton had good stats too, for a while, last season. Jury is still out on Tyrod Taylor. Putting up good numbers against a bad team isn't "all that" - we need a bigger sample of games and performances to evaluate him with.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                          per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• BidsJr
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll View Post
                            Remember in 2002 when Brady would throw for 15 attempts a game and the defense would win SBs. If only our defense could pick it up
                            Actually no I don't remember that. Unless Brady didn't start the game, came out injured or it was a week 17 meaningless game..... Brady has not once EVER IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER thrown less than 15 times in a game. LOLOLOLOL
                            "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• gebobs
                              One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BidsJr View Post
                              Actually no I don't remember that. Unless Brady didn't start the game, came out injured or it was a week 17 meaningless game..... Brady has not once EVER IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER thrown less than 15 times in a game. LOLOLOLOL
                              There was one game in 2004 against Miami where he wasn't pulled for one reason or another and he only threw 19 times. They still won 24-10. Welker had a field goal. :-)

To your point, Brady is a freak. On average, he throws 35 times a game. Manning is about the same. If Taylor threw that many passes, his arm would be limp pasta.
                              Last edited by gebobs; 11-10-2015, 09:20 AM.
                              Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X