• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swiper
    • Sep 2010

Wait... Tell me again how bad our o-line is

Buffalo Bills PR @BuffaloBillsPR

The @buffalobills rushing attack leads all of the @NFL with 49.2% of the team's rushes going for 4+ yards.
    Spiked, you in here?
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Wait... Tell me again how bad our o-line is

Incognito is a freaking monster.

Comment

• Victor7
      • Jul 2013

Been saying all year long that they are not bad.

I mean they are not ready to pack their bags as a team for Hawaii but they do a very good job. Great job yesterday. Run game was deadly and Taylor wasn't sacked nor harassed much.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Victor7 View Post
        Been saying all year long that they are not bad.

I mean they are not ready to pack their bags as a team for Hawaii but they do a very good job. Great job yesterday. Run game was deadly and Taylor wasn't sacked nor harassed much.
        Not disagreeing with good O-line play... But... TT was sacked 3 times
        Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 11-09-2015, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

O-line can run block with the best of em. O-line sucks **** at pass blocking.

Comment

• Victor7
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
            My bad.

You are correct. Don't know why I thought he'd come clean.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

They seem to play well against Miami and Indy. Against everyone else... Not so much.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Suh was breaking through all day long, quite the reversal from the first time the two teams met.

Incognito is playing at a Pro Bowl level. Miller's a rookie, and hopefully grows into a real solid performer. Glenn and Henderson have been average, at best. Wood needs to be replaced. Anybody that looks at this five and declares 'We're good to go' is mistaken, IMO.

Also, just FYI, I believe they actually ran this stat yesterday early in the game, and at that time Miami was leading the league and their offensive line certainly isn't dominant.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Yeah, that was TT's fault .He held on to the ball lang enough for me to go buy a drink and smoke a cigarette even though I don't smoke anymore
                  Last edited by justasportsfan; 11-09-2015, 12:29 PM.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                    Suh was breaking through all day long, quite the reversal from the first time the two teams met.

Incognito is playing at a Pro Bowl level. Miller's a rookie, and hopefully grows into a real solid performer. Glenn and Henderson have been average, at best. Wood needs to be replaced. Anybody that looks at this five and declares 'We're good to go' is mistaken, IMO.

Also, just FYI, I believe they actually ran this stat yesterday early in the game, and at that time Miami was leading the league and their offensive line certainly isn't dominant.
                    I'm still not too upset with the o-line. Needs to be looked at again after a few more games of Kromer actually being there imho.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                      I'm still not too upset with the o-line. Needs to be looked at again after a few more games of Kromer actually being there imho.
                      They are playing well enough to help the playmakers do some damage...I'd like to see them dominant at some point.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Famous Amos
                        • Jul 2013

One of those sacks was a converage sack, he had a lot of time, just didn't get rid of the ball like he should have.
                        "Hate is a lack of imagination."
                        -Graham Greene

Comment

• Mace
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                          They are playing well enough to help the playmakers do some damage...I'd like to see them dominant at some point.
                          Me too. But I'd settle for "solid, dependable" in December.

Comment

• Famous Amos
                            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                            Me too. But I'd settle for "solid, dependable" in December.
                            I still think this o line is a cobbled together o line. It's not like we have a solid 5 guys out there. Glenn and Wood have been inconsistent. the rookie guard has been pretty bad. The only bright spot is our reformed guard Incognito. They need to play more consistently. They need to execute the plays. I'd like to see an offense where they march down the field systematically, hitting play after play be it a run or pass. I love the big plays they had last week but that isn't sustainable.

I loved how the dolphins ran their screens and swing passes to the running backs. They picked up a lot of YAC on those pass plays. I'd love to see the Bills be able to execute some of those plays.
                            "Hate is a lack of imagination."
                            -Graham Greene

Comment

• Mace
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Famous Amos View Post
                              I still think this o line is a cobbled together o line. It's not like we have a solid 5 guys out there. Glenn and Wood have been inconsistent. the rookie guard has been pretty bad. The only bright spot is our reformed guard Incognito. They need to play more consistently. They need to execute the plays. I'd like to see an offense where they march down the field systematically, hitting play after play be it a run or pass. I love the big plays they had last week but that isn't sustainable.

I loved how the dolphins ran their screens and swing passes to the running backs. They picked up a lot of YAC on those pass plays. I'd love to see the Bills be able to execute some of those plays.
                              I don't think they're so much cobbled as being thought to being grown and developed together in some stable ongoing system. That hasn't happened yet though and it's up in the air. Incognito is the only real aging guy at 32 and you can usually get 3 more years out of that at least even if everyone gels. The good news is that these are mostly relatively young linemen with upside, the bad news is how we usually dork stuff like that up, imho and then flail around too long deciding to fix it.

I have more confidence in Roman finding or seeing what he wants and developing it than I do in Whaley or Ryan in supplying it. Remember, even Demetress Bell worked fine under Joe D'Allessandris.

I just wonder if Kromer was Roman's choice or Ryan's. I don't think Ryan makes good choices. We'll find out.
                              Last edited by Mace; 11-09-2015, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X