PDA

View Full Version : Wait... Tell me again how soft Sammy Watkins is

swiper
11-09-2015, 11:22 AM
• Wide receiver Sammy Watkins, who came back from an ankle injury that caused him to miss a game and a social-media flap during the bye that angered many fans to catch eight passes for 168 yards and a score;

Calling for comment by Bertsquirt after calling Sammy soft the other day.

http://billsblitz.wp.buffalonews.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2015/11/245342-1024x758.jpg

sukie
11-09-2015, 11:25 AM
High first Round talent displayed yesterday

Joe Fo Sho
11-09-2015, 11:30 AM
Up until yesterday, there was nothing wrong with thinking Sammy was 10-ply.

Mr. Pink
11-09-2015, 11:42 AM
I love how guys have one good game and people come out proclaiming them to be great. :rofl:

Now if he disappears on Thursday night, the naysayers will come out proclaiming he's a bust again.

It's a fun cycle that never ends.

Luisito23
11-09-2015, 11:51 AM
LOL...

BertSquirtgum
11-09-2015, 11:57 AM

http://billsblitz.wp.buffalonews.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2015/11/245342-1024x758.jpg

He's as soft as an ice cream cone sitting in the sun. Proof is in the pudding.

justasportsfan
11-09-2015, 12:33 PM

Until Sammy finishes an entire season without getting hurt, he is soft. Not saying he sucks, but he is soft.

MillsapsBillsFan
11-09-2015, 12:35 PM
Until Sammy finishes an entire season without getting hurt, he is soft. Not saying he sucks, but he is soft.

He played all 16 games last year, and had broken ribs for half of them. Golly Gee youre right, doesn't get much softer than that

BertSquirtgum
11-09-2015, 12:36 PM
I just don't understand this thread. He had a good game, yes, but he's been hurt more than he hasn't this year. So how can anyone think he's not soft?

BertSquirtgum
11-09-2015, 12:38 PM
He played all 16 games last year, and had broken ribs for half of them. Golly Gee youre right, doesn't get much softer than that

No, no he didn't. He had bruised ribs. If he had broken ribs he wouldn't have been playing at all. Just because he came out with the starting offense and left after the first series in a lot of games, shouldn't be proof that he's not soft.

MillsapsBillsFan
11-09-2015, 12:45 PM
No, no he didn't. He had bruised ribs. If he had broken ribs he wouldn't have been playing at all. Just because he came out with the starting offense and left after the first series in a lot of games, shouldn't be proof that he's not soft.

Okay bruised. To me being soft is getting injured and not playing through it ever. Players cant help getting hurt, they can help playing through it. He played through the injury that didn't affect his most valuable asset which is his legs. He cant play through ankle and calf injuries and that doesn't make him soft. Injury prone maybe, but that's not the same as soft

Yasgur's Farm
11-09-2015, 12:47 PM
He had broken ribs... It's well documented.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24779842/sammy-watkins-overcomes-broken-ribs-becoming-threat-for-bills
http://www.scout.com/nfl/bills/story/1476484-sammy-watkins-played-through-broken-ribs

MillsapsBillsFan
11-09-2015, 12:50 PM
He had broken ribs... It's well documented.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24779842/sammy-watkins-overcomes-broken-ribs-becoming-threat-for-bills
http://www.scout.com/nfl/bills/story/1476484-sammy-watkins-played-through-broken-ribs

Knock it off, that would go against the soft argument cant have that. He's super soft because he's missed some time this year, so we can put him on our current "all-soft team" of Kyle Williams, Aaron Williams, Lesean McCoy, and Karlos Williams. Those guys all missed more than one game so therefore they're soft too!

Ed
11-09-2015, 12:53 PM
He had multiple injuries last year and played through them to lead the team in receiving and had a pretty good rookie year despite overall poor qb play and offensive coaching.

He never missed a game in college either.

Some of you act like he's the first WR to ever get hurt. I guess Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Calvin Johnson, and Odell Beckham are all soft too.

Albany,n.y.
11-09-2015, 01:14 PM
Soft hands-caught every pass thrown his way yesterday.

BertSquirtgum
11-09-2015, 01:28 PM
Sooooooooooft

justasportsfan
11-09-2015, 02:02 PM

My bad .When I said soft, I meant he breaks easily. Maybe I should have called him a tough chinadoll?

YardRat
11-09-2015, 02:41 PM
Soft hands-caught every pass thrown his way yesterday.

There's something different about Sammy this season...last year if the ball hit him in two hands (sometime even one) it stuck like glue...this year he seems to be struggling a little bit with the bobbles.

trapezeus
11-09-2015, 02:59 PM
I love how guys have one good game and people come out proclaiming them to be great. :rofl:

Now if he disappears on Thursday night, the naysayers will come out proclaiming he's a bust again.

It's a fun cycle that never ends.
Being consistent will stop the fan volatility.

swiper
11-10-2015, 03:16 AM
I just don't understand this thread. He had a good game, yes, but he's been hurt more than he hasn't this year. So how can anyone think he's not soft?

So if he stays healthy and productive for the rest of the season, you might change your mind?

- - - Updated - - -

It has a lot to do with a team that hasn't been able to get into the play-offs for over 15 years.

casdhf
11-10-2015, 10:07 AM
Injuries do not imply you're soft. I think the opposite.

BertSquirtgum
11-10-2015, 10:39 AM
So if he stays healthy and productive for the rest of the season, you might change your mind?

Indeed, I would.

- - - Updated - - -

Injuries do not imply you're soft. I think the opposite.

Care to share your logic?

Lucidvizion
11-10-2015, 01:33 PM
Care to share your logic?

If both of your legs are amputated you become a hard ass mofo (but mostly because wheelchairs are made of metal).

BrianCarr
11-10-2015, 05:05 PM

It's a fun cycle that never ends.:rofl: Has the Colin Kaepernick fetish waned yet or are you still stroking his testicles?

feldspar
11-10-2015, 05:14 PM
Sammy is a good player.

Could be a great player.

What's the issue, exactly...that he told some asswholes where to stick it? That he played hurt a bunch and missed a couple of games? Y'all can suck a dick.

Why root against this player or hold any kind of grudge?

Certain fans don't "deserve" a winning team. What do you asswholes think you have coming? Maybe a swift kick in the teeth, and not much more, I'd say.

yordad
11-11-2015, 02:16 PM
There's something different about Sammy this season...last year if the ball hit him in two hands (sometime even one) it stuck like glue...this year he seems to be struggling a little bit with the bobbles.I have seen two bobbles and he caught each. So...

Mr. Pink
11-12-2015, 03:30 PM

No one on this team has consistency and there's few guys league wide who do.

- - - Updated - - -

:rofl: Has the Colin Kaepernick fetish waned yet or are you still stroking his testicles?

Yes, because I've ever proclaimed Kaepernick to be the best QB ever so this comment makes any sense. You caught me! Douchebag.

BrianCarr
11-12-2015, 05:53 PM
No one on this team has consistency and there's few guys league wide who do.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, because I've ever proclaimed Kaepernick to be the best QB ever so this comment makes any sense. You caught me! Douchebag.
Liar. You pimped him all last year, asswipe.

YardRat
11-12-2015, 07:14 PM
I have seen two bobbles and he caught each. So...

Well, if you're watching tonight he's bobbled two more already without catching them. He's fighting the football this season for some reason.

YardRat
11-12-2015, 07:15 PM
DUUUUUUUUUUUUKE!!!!!!!

YardRat
11-12-2015, 07:17 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Oooops....wrong thread :)

TacklingDummy
11-12-2015, 08:49 PM
Worst pick since Maybin, maybe even worse.

feldspar
11-14-2015, 05:58 AM
Sammy Watkins was 6 years old the last time the Bills made the playoffs....think about that for a second.

TacklingDummy
11-14-2015, 06:04 AM
Sammy Watkins was 6 years old the last time the Bills made the playoffs....think about that for a second.I was in my 20's now im in my mid 40's. Think about that.

feldspar
11-14-2015, 07:07 AM
I was in my 20's now im in my mid 40's. Think about that.

Don't have to think about it. I'm in the same boat exactly.

Jry44
11-14-2015, 07:09 AM
Up until yesterday, there was nothing wrong with thinking Sammy was 10-ply.

Play an entire NFL season with broken ribs, and then come back on here and make that statement.

Even if we sent Sammy Watkins out there on a bad calf and a bad ankle, how effective do you think he would be? He's a sprinter and uses his explosiveness to get into and out of his breaks. You simply can not do that with a bad calf because sprinting uses a ton of plantar flexion.

YardRat
11-14-2015, 10:50 AM
Well, to be fair, there probably is almost an equal amount of dorsal flexion in the equation.

Jry44
11-14-2015, 11:01 AM
Well, to be fair, there probably is almost an equal amount of dorsal flexion in the equation.

Dorsi flexion is more tib anterior and quad. Has no influence on running or walking. Although the quads play a role in sprinting, the actual dorsi flexion itself is pretty moot. At least I've never treated an ankle or gastroc injury with dorsi flexion exercises.