X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scumbag College
    • Oct 2002

Rex is a bigger hype meister than Don King- IK named Captain

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

I laughed at first when I read this, but the more that I think about this it reeks of the hype circus before Week 2. I was hoping we would float under the national media radar as much as possible for the rest of the season.
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Rex is a bigger hype meister than Don King- IK named Captain

lol...Dude on NFLN called this yesterday. He was right.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

I don't know, I don't even think it's funny. Strikes me as immature and petty, like grade school level brat stuff. Wish this organization would develop a little class but no chance of that happening until Ryan is gone.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I was laughing at the dude calling it, not Rex doing, FWIW.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

It's not really that surprising or new for Rex. He always makes players that were cut by that weeks opponent honorary captains. He did the same thing with Incognito for both Dolphin games.

IK ENEMKPALI TO CAPTAIN BILLS VS. JETS
          Bills coach Rex Ryan said today that Enemkpali will serve as a captain when they play the Jets on Thursday night. Enemkpali was cut by the Jets in September after he punched and broke Geno Smith's jaw. Said Ryan: "I'll get ripped or whatever, but I do this all the time. Anybody that's played (against that team), you're gonna see (as a captain)."

Comment

• Luisito23
            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
            • Apr 2003

Meh, go gives a S***...Rex is still a clown, but this is exactly why players love him...

Move along, nothing to see here.
            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

It would be great if the Jets sent out Geno Smith.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mace
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                It's not really that surprising or new for Rex. He always makes players that were cut by that weeks opponent honorary captains. He did the same thing with Incognito for both Dolphin games.

IK ENEMKPALI TO CAPTAIN BILLS VS. JETS
                Bills coach Rex Ryan said today that Enemkpali will serve as a captain when they play the Jets on Thursday night. Enemkpali was cut by the Jets in September after he punched and broke Geno Smith's jaw. Said Ryan: "I'll get ripped or whatever, but I do this all the time. Anybody that's played (against that team), you're gonna see (as a captain)."
                True, but what's the point of even doing that ? It's like giving past with old team more weight than present and future with new one over players who deserve it for better reasons. Does anyone really care who guys used to play for or how they are doing with us ?

Not being cranky with you, Ryan just rubs me the wrong way already in his tenure here.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                  • Apr 2003

LOL @ REX he sure does know how to stir it

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

Jeff fisher made all the players he got in exchange for rg3 the captain of the game vs Washington. It's not unheard of and the players seem to like it.

Just don't make it the sole focus of prep in his short week.

Its td bravado that's loved when it works and scorned when it back fires. If you don't do that, you are a scared jauron type person never willing to take a chance.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                      It would be great if the Jets sent out Geno Smith.
                      Greater if IK beat him up again with the coin in the air.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                        I'm guessing Geno will take 'tails' this time, instead of the head like the incident.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Mace
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                          Best would be if Geno sucker punched IK with the coin in the air and broke his hand, but that only happens in comedy movies.

More likely Geno says "Hey IK, needing some cash, there's a coin for you." and Enemkpali socks him again, an official, Ryan who tries to break it up, then charges into the stands to attack some fans before being eventually tasered and dragged out in a straightjacket, frothing at the mouth and screaming Terry Pegula is in his head making him do bad things and won't go away.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                          I'm guessing Geno will take 'tails' this time, instead of the head like the incident.
                          Now THAT was funny.

Comment

• Turf
                            • Jul 2002

Very stupid of Rex. All this does is gives the Jets a rallying point. Really dumb move.
                            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• casdhf
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                              Very stupid of Rex. All this does is gives the Jets a rallying point. Really dumb move.
                              how is this a rallying point for the jets at all?
                              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                              X