PDA

View Full Version : Not a good match up against Jets

ghz in pittsburgh
11-10-2015, 10:24 AM
I think overall the Bills have more talent than the Jets coming into this game, but believe not the right match up for us.

After 8 games, it is safe to say the Bills offense is predicated on runs - this is NOT a power run and then play-action over the top kind of traditional run we thought Rex was talking about when he's hired; this offense has designs to produce big running plays. I can honestly say I have never seen such a variety and elaborate design of run games involving every player in Buffalo before.

McCoy is key (Karlos depends more on mistakes by defense thus far). The Jets, however, are very strong on run D. Unlike Miami whom the Bills successfully explored the outside the second time around, the Jets run D well rounded. I just don't want to think Tyrod facing 3rd and 7, 3rd and 10 all the time which brings up unpleasant memories of Pats, Giants, Titans games. Watkins came on last game (after McCoy shredded Miami). Expect the Jets to clamp down on him and play the run. Could be very hard to watch on offense.

I think the Bills D is what it is - middle of the road in NFL. I hate to say it but Rex could use a speedy, instinctive MLB like Kiko right now. Miami did quick fakes in the middle then attacked outside the lines, making our LBs move and had great success. Chan must be licking his chops putting his outside screens and bunching in the game plan. We'll see if the Bills learned their lesson. Fitz is not Tannerhill/Bortles; challenge him to beat us long and deep, just can't let him picking us part with short easy throws.

swiper
11-10-2015, 10:38 AM
Game plan: With Fitz @ QB it's about 50/50 for either team. Get him out of there. Then the Bills can't lose.

Meathead
11-10-2015, 12:41 PM
sammys gonna be stranded on revis island so hes unlikely to do much. if cromartie plays he might be limited and if he is woods has to take advantage. but the real big player could be clay who will be going up against a fifth string safety most of the time

ghz in pittsburgh
11-10-2015, 01:16 PM
sammys gonna be stranded on revis island so hes unlikely to do much. if cromartie plays he might be limited and if he is woods has to take advantage. but the real big player could be clay who will be going up against a fifth string safety most of the time

Could be Bills Miami first round game all over again as far as Bills offensive plan goes. Remember the Bills didn't challenge the Dolphins much in terms of running game. Instead they moved the pocket with Tyrod to buy some time and allowed Clay to work his way against the Dolphins safeties for big plays.

But you have to believe the Jets have seen this movie on film now.

Night Train
11-10-2015, 01:20 PM
Here's an idea after viewing Sundays game.

Run the ball.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-10-2015, 02:01 PM
Here's an idea after viewing Sundays game.

Run the ball.

If the the Bills can run the ball on the Jets, they would be a serious contender...

Night Train
11-10-2015, 02:10 PM
If the the Bills can run the ball on the Jets, they would be a serious contender...

They are #1 against the run (Bills #5) but you have to try. Plus throw some swing passes to the RB's. We know who will be covering Watkins.

Meathead
11-10-2015, 02:46 PM
the jets have faced bottom half rushing teams with the only exception being the eagles. and with them playing a fifth string ss they could be more vulnerable to the run than it looks. lets hope sundays success against the fish wasnt a fluke

Ed
11-10-2015, 02:53 PM
Jets are #1 against the run, but they've also had the least amount of attempts against them. They're giving up 3.8 ypc, which is still top 10, but not amazing. Their opponents haven't exactly been strong running teams either, since 7 of 8 are in the bottom half of the league for rushing. With Shady and Karlos both healthy and playing, I would say the Bills are probably the best rushing team they'll face. It should be a good test for both sides.

gebobs
11-10-2015, 03:25 PM

...for second place in the division.

YardRat
11-10-2015, 03:27 PM
Why is the success Karlos has had so far being attributed to mistakes by the defenses?

Mace
11-10-2015, 04:36 PM
They are #1 against the run (Bills #5) but you have to try. Plus throw some swing passes to the RB's. We know who will be covering Watkins.

They are supposedly vulnerable to slants. Woods and Clay should be useful. Should.

Victor7
11-10-2015, 05:24 PM
We just gotta find a way to get to Fitzy. If we let him sit back there and pick his spots it pains me to say it but he'll find a way to make us pay. Get to the passer early and often. Force him into those vintage forced throws that end up in picks.

On the offense we have to use Clay more. You gotta figure Sammy won't be such a factor playing vs Revis. He's not what he used to be but he's still pretty good. We need to run the ball even if we don't have that much success. Gotta keep the Jets honest.

I'm not excited about this game. I got a bad feeling. Its on national TV for whatever god forsaken reason we play our worst when everyone's watching.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Why is the success Karlos has had so far being attributed to mistakes by the defenses?

Maybe I'm biased as I saw McCoy when Wanny got him to Pitt. But he makes things happen - so shifty that no defender one on one can get hold of him full speed when facing him straight square; on top of that, he is known for exploding on a cut to beat a properly aligned run defense.

Karlos is what you call one cut pounder (230+ lb). When the defense gives him a gap (or O-Line creates one), he hits it, pretty straightforward. What has been surprising to all of us is his speed and the knack for the right angle when he gets to open space in those TD runs. Guys of his size is not supposed to run that fast.

Looking at McCoy's pass blocking this year, plus his catching ability, I really see a Thurman Thomas in him. Had he played under a HOF QB in his career, I'm certain we are talking about a HOF RB in the making.

Night Train
11-11-2015, 06:13 AM
Don't forget Fitzy has a messed up non throwing hand. Could be problems with the snap.

gebobs
11-11-2015, 06:18 AM
Looking at McCoy's pass blocking this year, plus his catching ability, I really see a Thurman Thomas in him.
That whiff on Misi was brutal.

Uncle Jesse
11-11-2015, 07:21 AM
They have a bunch of injuries, and can't run the ball at all. If they are gonna beat us, Fitz is gonna have to do it.

Luisito23
11-11-2015, 07:46 AM
Take out Marshall and Fitz will be his same garbage self.

M
11-11-2015, 08:40 AM
Karlos is what you call one cut pounder (230+ lb). When the defense gives him a gap (or O-Line creates one), he hits it, pretty straightforward. What has been surprising to all of us is his speed and the knack for the right angle when he gets to open space in those TD runs. Guys of his size is not supposed to run that fast.

One of the announcers said Karlos runs like a "... deranged rhino. Who would want to get in front of that?" LOL

DynaPaul
11-11-2015, 05:58 PM
Maybe when Fitz sees the Buffalo uniforms again it'll activate something in his mind that takes him back to how bad he was here. The guy usually falls apart in the second half of the schedule.

Night Train
11-11-2015, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=Meathead;4154171]sammys gonna be stranded on revis island so hes unlikely to do much./QUOTE]

Stevie J beat him quite often. I'll give Sammy a chance.