PDA

View Full Version : Thank God We Have McCoy

ghz in pittsburgh
11-12-2015, 09:20 PM
The best offensive player on the field today.

Hopefully he gets fully healthy next Monday. I can't believe Roman didn't run him more in those early 4th quarter series. Tyrod is NOT Brady.

justasportsfan
11-12-2015, 09:23 PM
Our running game is getting better. Our pass game is horrible if you take into consideration the talent . Tyrod needs to get better.

Night Train
11-12-2015, 09:23 PM
McCoy for Kiko was a steal. He's a difference maker.

Kiko has played 3 times in his last 24 games.

Crisis
11-12-2015, 09:25 PM
His ability to cutback at fullspeed is amazing. He's what CJ Spiller should have been.

I know it kills certain posters here that's he playing well.

MillsapsBillsFan
11-12-2015, 09:27 PM
McCoy and Williams together are a great running duo. The Shady for Kiko trade paying off BIG

BuffaloRedleg
11-12-2015, 09:48 PM
That was always the plan.

He has been a big part of the reason we won about 2 games this season.

I still don't believe that you can win the SB the way our offense plays against good teams, but it's nice to see McCoy play well for sure.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-12-2015, 09:57 PM
The defense effort today won't be good enough next Monday. The Bills put tight coverage in short passes and challenged Fitz on long ones - he missed a lot of those.

I know Mario played only one series today but had he played the entire game, I don't think it would change pass rush much as Fitz did get ball out in time in general. He would however, sealed the edge better against some of the Ivory runs and might have stopped some Fitz runs.

stuckincincy
11-12-2015, 09:59 PM
The best offensive player on the field today.

Hopefully he gets fully healthy next Monday. I can't believe Roman didn't run him more in those early 4th quarter series. Tyrod is NOT Brady.

I suppose, but come off-season when his $7.6 million cap hit contributes to the inability to re-sign productive players hits home, opinions might change.

stuckincincy
11-12-2015, 10:01 PM
The defense effort today won't be good enough next Monday. The Bills put tight coverage in short passes and challenged Fitz on long ones - he missed a lot of those.

I know Mario played only one series today but had he played the entire game, I don't think it would change pass rush much as Fitz did get ball out in time in general. He would however, sealed the edge better against some of the Ivory runs and might have stopped some Fitz runs.

Mario Williams - and sealing the edge????

ghz in pittsburgh
11-12-2015, 10:15 PM
Before I go to bed, gotta mention McCoy's down inbound near the end of the 4th to force the Jets to take the 2nd time out. Just football smart. Was hoping Sammy's last catch was inbound but I guess the momentum took him to the sideline (and he did make sure his feet stayed inbound).

Meathead
11-12-2015, 10:24 PM
by the end of the game i was surprised mccoy was hitting the century. seemed like the bills rushes were mostly getting tiny yardage or losses but it was the rips for long chunks of yardage that had been adding up. very sneakily effective running today

BertSquirtgum
11-12-2015, 10:27 PM
Our running game is getting better. Our pass game is horrible if you take into consideration the talent . Tyrod needs to get better.

It would be a lot better if Tyrod didn't suck.

BertSquirtgum
11-12-2015, 10:29 PM
I suppose, but come off-season when his $7.6 million cap hit contributes to the inability to re-sign productive players hits home, opinions might change.

Horse manure

stuckincincy
11-12-2015, 10:35 PM
Horse manure

Care to elaborate?

stuckincincy
11-12-2015, 10:40 PM
by the end of the game i was surprised mccoy was hitting the century. seemed like the bills rushes were mostly getting tiny yardage or losses but it was the rips for long chunks of yardage that had been adding up. very sneakily effective running today

They were strategically wrong to run him wide in the waning moments. An otherwise righteous defensive bro might have been tempted by an exposed knee.

Don't offer up temptation.

The situation called for running ahead. Especially after NYJ did their part by chewing up the clock with late runs.

YardRat
11-13-2015, 05:06 AM
A couple of nice games back-to-back.

Here's to Shady's health for the rest of the season :beers:

ghz in pittsburgh
11-13-2015, 05:52 AM

Meathead, I thought you are better than average football fans swayed by ESPN highlights. All right McCoy didn't have a 50 yard TD run or something like that the networks would re-play to no end, but he had 6 10+ yard carries (16, 15X2, 14, 12, 11) plus a few 7, 8 yarders in this game. 10+ yard carries are considered big play by a running backs. The Jets is no slouch in defending runs. By comparison. Karlos Williams had over 1/3 of McCoy's carry numbers and produced only 24 yards total.

Night Train
11-13-2015, 06:03 AM

That's all I was thinking last night..his cap number. The game was secondary.

Are you for real ? He was the reason we won a critical game.

Who the **** cares about cap numbers half way through a football season outside of someone who is bitter about something ?

Saratoga Slim
11-13-2015, 06:44 AM
That's all I was thinking last night..his cap number. The game was secondary.

Are you for real ? He was the reason we won a critical game.

Who the **** cares about cap numbers half way through a football season outside of someone who is bitter about something ?

Exactly. And if we're going to worry about cap hits mid-season, let's worry about cap hits for people that aren't producing.

Buffalogic
11-13-2015, 08:35 AM
but but Kiko is the best and we hate this trade right????? Shady is amazing. Chip Kelly is just an idiot.

Victor7
11-13-2015, 08:40 AM
He was out offense last night. He's looking better and better each week.

Week and half now to heal in time for NE.

I don't think we have a shot in hell to beat them. But if its gonna happen Shady needs to have a huge game.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-13-2015, 09:43 AM
but but Kiko is the best and we hate this trade right????? Shady is amazing. Chip Kelly is just an idiot.

I was not in favor of this trade because I thought we could do better than giving up Kiko. And further I certainly not in favor of giving McCoy's extension, thought he needs to prove his worthy in Buffalo.

In hindsight, I'd give up Darby (as our 2nd round pick) for McCoy without the contract extension. Not sure McCoy would still be a happy guy or not. The interesting debate would be the whether the Bills D would be better with Kiko or with Darby.