How can a player grab the facemask, bloddy the guy's nose & not get a penalty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Albany,n.y.
    • Jul 2002

How can a player grab the facemask, bloddy the guy's nose & not get a penalty?

Before the Jets TD a Jets player grabs a Bills players facemask, rips off his helmet, gives him a bloody nose & there's no 15 yard penalty.
    Total BS call.
  • IlluminatusUIUC
    • Sep 2012

Re: How can a player grab the facemask, bloddy the guy's nose & not get a penalty?

Yeah that was a garbage non-call. And what's worse, the evidence of it is sitting right there on the field!

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Re: How can a player grab the facemask, bloddy the guy's nose & not get a penalty?

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
      Before the Jets TD a Jets player grabs a Bills players facemask, rips off his helmet, gives him a bloody nose & there's no 15 yard penalty.
      Total BS call.
      Poor Bills. Everybody picks on them. That explains the playoff dearth.
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

bloddy well right
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Probably hard to see in the pile, in real time. I didn't know what happened until I saw the replays.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

Bills got away with a few too. I thought the game was actually pretty well officiated compared to most of the other games this year.

Comment

• ICRockets
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              Probably hard to see in the pile, in real time. I didn't know what happened until I saw the replays.
              Yeah, but it isn't your job.

Comment

• feldspar
                • Mar 2007

Illegal hands-to-the-face.

Comment

• Cleve
                  • Oct 2004

Pretty blatant and obvious penalty. Well, at least penalties didn't decide the game. Nice to see for a change. There were only 8 penalties total - the Bills with 5 for 44 yards - one of them was that incredibly stupid delay of game penalty though.... so for the Bills it was a big improvement over previous games.

Ball security was the decider last night. The stats were pretty even except in the area of turnovers - Jets had 4, and a couple Fitzpatrick interceptions - amazing that guy is still starting games in the NFL. I'm just glad his garbage helps us instead of hurts us - I feel the Jets' fans pain watching him. LOL

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                  per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• Victor7
                    • Jul 2013

Big time miss from the ****ty refs. Jets scored on the very next play.

And not the only one. Jets got a couple of very generous spots on two 3rd down plays that ended up as first downs.

They also missed the obvious and clear as day incomplete pass to Decker that Rex had to challenge.

Same old ****ty officiating.

Comment

• Cleve
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Victor7 View Post

They also missed the obvious and clear as day incomplete pass to Decker that Rex had to challenge.
                      What I find worse - why does the coach lose a challenge when the coach is found to be right??? What a dumb rule. The only time a challenge should be taken away is when the challenge is determined to be incorrect. Why penalize the team for challenging something that should be challenged? I know they want to prevent frivilous challenges, but that will be accomplished by losing a challenge when wrong.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                        Illegal hands-to-the-face.
                        You're right, it should have been 10 yards not the 15 yards I wanted for a personal foul. I got carried away because he gave him a bloody nose.

Comment

• Victor7
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                          You're right, it should have been 10 yards not the 15 yards I wanted for a personal foul. I got carried away because he gave him a bloody nose.
                          10 or 15 it doesn't really matter IMO. They scored on the next play. No way in hell they do it with 10 more yards to go. Big time screw up from the refs

Comment

• Cleve
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Victor7 View Post
                            10 or 15 it doesn't really matter IMO. They scored on the next play. No way in hell they do it with 10 more yards to go. Big time screw up from the refs
                            The officials are also very inconsistent - it depends on WHO the penalty was against. They would have thrown a late flag for sure, even if they hadn't seen it, if the league's two biggest cry-babies, Brady and Manning, had started whining about illegal hands to their faces after a play. How many times have we seen those late flags miraculously appear on the field after those two start crying?

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                              My IQ Test results came back negative
                              • Oct 2002

I thougt it was great not seeing a penalty every play by either team, I hate what the NFL is becoming, let them play.

Comment

Working...
                              X