• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Was at the game tonight....

All I can say..... Jets fans are lame.

Bills fans are the best. They never give up.
  • IlluminatusUIUC
    • Sep 2012

Re: Was at the game tonight....

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
    Bills fans are the best. They never give up.
    Read the game day thread.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

More showed up than the Florida Panthers, lol...

Comment

• Swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

In the second half they seem as they were trying to give away another game. Like London. Told my wife they were trying to lose. LOL. So was great to see this rare hold on to a lead - especially in the way they did. Team effort on opponents field on a short week. Still not a Ryan fan, but have to give him & whole team credit. A win is a win. And they took one last night. Great game. Fun for this Bills fan who is so tired of the losing.

Comment

• Jry44
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
          Read the game day thread.
          You can't use a message board to generalize the entire fan base. Message boards typically bring the pessimists out of hiding, at least that's been my observation. They serve as an open forum for people to *****.

My experiences at Bills bars and at games have been the complete opposite. Win or lose, our fans are always fun and enthusiastic. Even at games I've been to in both Miami and Tampa.

Comment

• Swiper
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Jry44 View Post
            You can't use a message board to generalize the entire fan base. Message boards typically bring the pessimists out of hiding, at least that's been my observation. They serve as an open forum for people to *****.

My experiences at Bills bars and at games have been the complete opposite. Win or lose, our fans are always fun and enthusiastic. Even at games I've been to in both Miami and Tampa.
            +1

My problem with the bars is that I can never hear what's being said on the TV over the din.
            Last edited by swiper; 11-13-2015, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Jry44
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
              +1

My problem with the bars is that I can never hear what's being said on the TV over the din.
              Agreed. That's why I started getting the ticket.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

How bad did Darby suck?

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

Well that's just the obvious though. Wouldn't be much point to going to a discussion forum where there was no critical thinking, and wouldn't be much point going to a group entertainment event to not share the enthusiastic fun. I don't know too many optimists or pessimists "in hiding" either in message boards, because well, message boards are the interwebs and there's no point in hiding what you want to express.

Kind of a glaring difference between participating in an internet discussion forum and participating in a tangible entertainment event though.

Comment

• tomz
                    • Feb 2007

I get on the board out of interest and enthusiasm but am kind of swept along with the negativity of the posts during the game. It affects my attitude to the point where I just put my iPad down and watch the game at some point. But we as a fan base are so used to blowing leads and finding ways to lose that expecting anything else will require some serious reconditioning of my reflexes. Sort of like in the Kelly era--it took a couple years before I believed what I was seeing!

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by tomz View Post
                      Sort of like in the Kelly era--it took a couple years before I believed what I was seeing!
                      Honestly, same here. Oh crap, what is a Bill Polian ? Oh crap they hired wing-T Levy. Oh crap he hired Marchibroda. Oh crap, we finally got Kelly after he's been beaten up in the USFL. Oh crap we have Walt Corey as DC. Oh crap, look what we gave up for Biscuit and he's going to be another under achiever. Oh crap, Andre Reed from KUTZTOWN ? Oh crap, we drafted Thurman Thomas with a bum knee ? Oh crap, we drafted Bruce Smith, bound to be a loafer in the pros. Oh crap, Talley is just a roleplayer. Oh crap, Steve Christie, bound to be a warm weather kicker.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

The fans in NY were disengaged for much of the game. Beautiful stadium but I never felt it was a hostile environment. It got loud a few times when we were backed up but Buffalo is a much bigger home field advantage. Rex needs to capitalize on it more.

The tailgating was pretty lame as well.

Comment

• Jry44
                          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                          Well that's just the obvious though. Wouldn't be much point to going to a discussion forum where there was no critical thinking, and wouldn't be much point going to a group entertainment event to not share the enthusiastic fun. I don't know too many optimists or pessimists "in hiding" either in message boards, because well, message boards are the interwebs and there's no point in hiding what you want to express.

Kind of a glaring difference between participating in an internet discussion forum and participating in a tangible entertainment event though.
                          It's not as obvious as you think, apparently.

I'm not saying they are in hiding, I guess that was a bad choice of words, but they tend to use the message board forum more. And there's a huge difference between thinking critically and being critical. "Sammy Watkins is a bigger bust than Aaron Maybin" and "Tyrod Taylor isn't an NFL QB" are not thinking critically, that is being critical and absurd. Critically thinking would be to explain WHY people suck in a factual manner. That never happens here, or rarely does.

I'm not saying that people can't ***** and complain, and do not outside message boards. And I am not saying that there is never enthusiasm on them. I am just stating that in my experience, as a season ticket holder when I still lived in NY, from going to the Dolphins game every year in Miami, from going to games in Tampa, and from talking to fellow Bills fans, that the message board community tends to be much more pessimistic than the average Bills fan.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                            +1

In Albany I'm able to go to the Clubhouse Racebook where I can get my own carrel with my own TV & hear the sound. It also helps that most of the games are on home TV this year.
                            In the past, the Bills were on the radio in Albany & I used to bring the radio to sports bars and listen on earphones. The only problem was the radio broadcast was ahead of the satellite feed & I'd either be cheering touchdowns or booing turnovers before they were shown on the screen.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                              The tailgating was pretty lame as well.
                              You should have found out where Pinto Kenny was and joined them.

Comment

Working...
                              X