• Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

The last play

Down by 5, need a touchdown to win.
    Have the ball with 24 seconds to go.
    Fitzpatrick drops back to pass.......he throws and it's..........

INTERCEPTED!!!

Where have we heard this one before?

Glad he's on the other side this time.

• Victor7
    • Jul 2013

Re: The last play

That was soooooo Fitz.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
      Making Spirits Bright
      • Mar 2006

That 4th down play after the botched punt was what really reminded me of Fitz on the Bills. The play should have worked, but the throw was long and/or the tight end just gave up on the route. It was such a Bills thing to do, run a play that should have worked, but the players weren't on the same page and couldn't connect for the game winner. It feels good to be on the other side of this.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

And of course when he needed 4 yards for a first down he threw a 2 yard pass. Typical Fitz.

Comment

• Buffalogic
          Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
          • Feb 2006

Ridiculous decision by him. Every receiver was totally blanketed.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
            That 4th down play after the botched punt was what really reminded me of Fitz on the Bills. The play should have worked, but the throw was long and/or the tight end just gave up on the route. It was such a Bills thing to do, run a play that should have worked, but the players weren't on the same page and couldn't connect for the game winner. It feels good to be on the other side of this.
            I'm pretty sure the WR was suppose to get to the corner and the TE was supposed to be underneath like he was... But the WR couldn't get thru the traffic and the TE wasn't aware enough to make the adjustment.

Comment

• Thurmal
              • Oct 2005

When he played for us, I always would say, "He's good for two picks today" before every game. I got to the point where if he threw an INT in the first quarter, I was pleased b/c he got the first one out of the way early.
              "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

His second interception didn't matter.

There wasn't enough time and the Jets had no timeouts. There was no way in hell they were going 64ish yards in 24 seconds barring a complete and total defensive breakdown.

That pass could have been completed with Rambo tackling the WR inbounds and the game would have been over.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                  Making Spirits Bright
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                  I'm pretty sure the WR was suppose to get to the corner and the TE was supposed to be underneath like he was... But the WR couldn't get thru the traffic and the TE wasn't aware enough to make the adjustment.
                  You're probably right, I was drinking all night so there's a good chance I'm misremembering it. Either way, it was a play that initially looked like it was going to work but obviously didn't. I was watching the game with a Jets fan, and he had the same look on his face after that play that I usually have.

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

yeah i think that was totally on the te. that was a classic pick/rub play and decker did a good job tying up two defenders. the te didnt release properly all the way to the back of the ez and also turned the wrong way. if he just kept running and turned his head inside it would have been an ez td

i dont fault fitz at all on the game ending pick. he really has no choice but to throw that there, they are eighty yards away and need a td with twenty eight seconds left and no time outs. if he throws that away they are the same distance and twenty seconds left, a virtually impossible scenario. he simply has to throw that ball and hope the receiver makes the play to give them any chance at all

he wasnt great but he played well enough to win. the whole jets team did actually. bills really only won bc they were +3 in real turnovers, not counting the last pick
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Also on that play Bradham gave a good shot to Davis on the line, which helped mess up the timing.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

Fitz' real mistake was on the earlier 4th down play. The Bills brought literally all 11 players to the los and Fitz throws short. He's got two huge wideouts no less.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                          The WR smashed into Decker and neither one shook loose in enough time to make a difference.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                            Dances With Buffaloes
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post

There wasn't enough time and the Jets had no timeouts. There was no way in hell they were going 64ish yards in 24 seconds barring a complete and total defensive breakdown.

That pass could have been completed with Rambo tackling the WR inbounds and the game would have been over.
                            it's almost like you haven't been watching bills football the past two decades. That is precisely the type of last gasp, no chance in hell drive that the bills give up all the time. on a scale of all time bills collapses it would have been it wouldn't have even cracked the top 5, Do you remember the cowboys-bills sunday night game 10 years ago?
                            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post

I have three meaningful words for you:

Defensive
                              Pass
                              Interference

We could have easily given up a huge chunk of that in one play, and then you have Decker and Marshall who are both tall guys who can grab a jump ball.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

Working...
                              X