PDA

View Full Version : The last play

Mr. Miyagi
11-13-2015, 07:55 AM
Down by 5, need a touchdown to win.
Have the ball with 24 seconds to go.
Fitzpatrick drops back to pass.......he throws and it's..........

INTERCEPTED!!!

Where have we heard this one before?

Glad he's on the other side this time.

:gobills:

Victor7
11-13-2015, 08:00 AM
That was soooooo Fitz.

Joe Fo Sho
11-13-2015, 08:06 AM
That 4th down play after the botched punt was what really reminded me of Fitz on the Bills. The play should have worked, but the throw was long and/or the tight end just gave up on the route. It was such a Bills thing to do, run a play that should have worked, but the players weren't on the same page and couldn't connect for the game winner. It feels good to be on the other side of this.

Mr. Miyagi
11-13-2015, 08:24 AM
And of course when he needed 4 yards for a first down he threw a 2 yard pass. Typical Fitz.

Buffalogic
11-13-2015, 08:33 AM
Ridiculous decision by him. Every receiver was totally blanketed.

Yasgur's Farm
11-13-2015, 08:45 AM
That 4th down play after the botched punt was what really reminded me of Fitz on the Bills. The play should have worked, but the throw was long and/or the tight end just gave up on the route. It was such a Bills thing to do, run a play that should have worked, but the players weren't on the same page and couldn't connect for the game winner. It feels good to be on the other side of this.I'm pretty sure the WR was suppose to get to the corner and the TE was supposed to be underneath like he was... But the WR couldn't get thru the traffic and the TE wasn't aware enough to make the adjustment.

Thurmal
11-13-2015, 08:49 AM
When he played for us, I always would say, "He's good for two picks today" before every game. I got to the point where if he threw an INT in the first quarter, I was pleased b/c he got the first one out of the way early.

Mr. Pink
11-13-2015, 08:51 AM
His second interception didn't matter.

There wasn't enough time and the Jets had no timeouts. There was no way in hell they were going 64ish yards in 24 seconds barring a complete and total defensive breakdown.

That pass could have been completed with Rambo tackling the WR inbounds and the game would have been over.

Joe Fo Sho
11-13-2015, 08:54 AM
I'm pretty sure the WR was suppose to get to the corner and the TE was supposed to be underneath like he was... But the WR couldn't get thru the traffic and the TE wasn't aware enough to make the adjustment.

You're probably right, I was drinking all night so there's a good chance I'm misremembering it. Either way, it was a play that initially looked like it was going to work but obviously didn't. I was watching the game with a Jets fan, and he had the same look on his face after that play that I usually have.

Meathead
11-13-2015, 08:55 AM
yeah i think that was totally on the te. that was a classic pick/rub play and decker did a good job tying up two defenders. the te didnt release properly all the way to the back of the ez and also turned the wrong way. if he just kept running and turned his head inside it would have been an ez td

i dont fault fitz at all on the game ending pick. he really has no choice but to throw that there, they are eighty yards away and need a td with twenty eight seconds left and no time outs. if he throws that away they are the same distance and twenty seconds left, a virtually impossible scenario. he simply has to throw that ball and hope the receiver makes the play to give them any chance at all

he wasnt great but he played well enough to win. the whole jets team did actually. bills really only won bc they were +3 in real turnovers, not counting the last pick

Dr. Lecter
11-13-2015, 08:58 AM
Also on that play Bradham gave a good shot to Davis on the line, which helped mess up the timing.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-13-2015, 11:29 AM
Fitz' real mistake was on the earlier 4th down play. The Bills brought literally all 11 players to the los and Fitz throws short. He's got two huge wideouts no less.

swiper
11-13-2015, 11:45 AM
I'm pretty sure the WR was suppose to get to the corner and the TE was supposed to be underneath like he was... But the WR couldn't get thru the traffic and the TE wasn't aware enough to make the adjustment.

The WR smashed into Decker and neither one shook loose in enough time to make a difference.

Ingtar33
11-13-2015, 11:55 AM

There wasn't enough time and the Jets had no timeouts. There was no way in hell they were going 64ish yards in 24 seconds barring a complete and total defensive breakdown.

That pass could have been completed with Rambo tackling the WR inbounds and the game would have been over.

it's almost like you haven't been watching bills football the past two decades. That is precisely the type of last gasp, no chance in hell drive that the bills give up all the time. on a scale of all time bills collapses it would have been it wouldn't have even cracked the top 5, Do you remember the cowboys-bills sunday night game 10 years ago?

IlluminatusUIUC
11-13-2015, 12:49 PM

I have three meaningful words for you:

Defensive
Pass
Interference

We could have easily given up a huge chunk of that in one play, and then you have Decker and Marshall who are both tall guys who can grab a jump ball.

Mahdi
11-13-2015, 01:04 PM
Ridiculous decision by him. Every receiver was totally blanketed.

I don't know that he had much choice in the matter. He had 24 seconds, no TOs and needs a TD. He has to throw sideline and everyone knows it.

It's basically a hail-mary to the sideline in hopes he can set up another hail-mary to the endzone.

Mr. Pink
11-13-2015, 04:31 PM
I have three meaningful words for you:

Defensive
Pass
Interference

We could have easily given up a huge chunk of that in one play, and then you have Decker and Marshall who are both tall guys who can grab a jump ball.

Because pass interference is called oh so often on jump ball hail marys...

Cite one example besides that New England game years back.

The game was over before Fitz even threw the pass and it would have made no difference even if it was complete and Rambo simply tackled the receiver inbounds as the Jets would have had a very hard time rushing up to the spot, getting set and spiking the ball in 17 seconds. I believe that's how much time was left when Rambo intercepted Fitz.

sudzy
11-13-2015, 04:55 PM
Cite one example besides that New England game years back. .

The "just give it to them" game. Still pisses me off.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-13-2015, 06:02 PM
Because pass interference is called oh so often on jump ball hail marys...

Cite one example besides that New England game years back.

The game was over before Fitz even threw the pass and it would have made no difference even if it was complete and Rambo simply tackled the receiver inbounds as the Jets would have had a very hard time rushing up to the spot, getting set and spiking the ball in 17 seconds. I believe that's how much time was left when Rambo intercepted Fitz.

It wouldn't need to be on the hail mary, it could have happened on the play before to set up the Hail Mary. We already lost the Jax game in large part due to a PI call that didn't actually happen, so covering that distance was a real possibility.

LarryBoy
11-13-2015, 06:47 PM
The "just give it to them" game. Still pisses me off.

Amen.

Woodman
11-13-2015, 07:59 PM
Fitz shoulda snuck it one more time.

Oaf
11-13-2015, 09:14 PM
His pick against NE at the end in 2012 was on TJ Graham, he openly admitted it. What was worse was the coaches putting Graham on that position.

Fitz > EJ

HHURRICANE
11-14-2015, 04:27 AM
I was lamenting why we got rid of Fitzpatrick and than I remembered why.

Chance to win the game and he throws short or throws a pick.

Yasgur's Farm
11-14-2015, 06:47 AM
& $7M cap hit.

starrymessenger
11-14-2015, 08:31 AM

And Corey Graham's pick was a perfectly thrown ball that Brandon Marshall muffed. A few decisions that appear to have been audibles left me scratching my head but except for their first series Fitz threw the ball really quite well. His receiving corps let him down is more like it. He even showed pretty good arm strength on a shot he lofted 50 yards or so in the air.

Meathead
11-14-2015, 08:55 AM
yeah fitz appears to be a much better qb now than when he was in bflo, at least the guy that pulled a drew stafford after getting paid

IlluminatusUIUC
11-14-2015, 09:06 AM
yeah fitz appears to be a much better qb now than when he was in bflo, at least the guy that pulled a drew stafford after getting paid

Fitz is almost the exact same QB he was in Buffalo, except he has much better wideouts and a better defense to compensate for his flaws.

HHURRICANE
11-14-2015, 10:22 AM
End of the game was very windy.