PDA

View Full Version : The Real Game Circled on Rex's Calendar Is Coming - Pats on MNF

ghz in pittsburgh
11-13-2015, 10:47 AM
Hope the emotion of TNF wears off today and Rex checks his calendar tonight.

Ever since week 2 when the Pats tried to embarrass Rex and the Bills, you bet the guys in OBD remembered. Rex has that "revenge" personality, now or later. I'll bet everything I have that Rex will remind the players what the Pats tried to do that day.

And it is on MNF.

And it is against Belichick and Brady who many believed Rex actually hates.

I know the Pats probably will be undefeated heading into next MNF and will be heavily favored, deservedly so. Would Rex work just as hard like this week (reportedly on 3 hours of sleep or so), if not more for this MNF? I just have the feeling the game will be a lot closer than people think despite the likely unanimous picking and big odds in favor of the Pats.

Since the bye week, I noticed one change each on offense and defense for the Bills. On offense they are a lot more committed and better execution on running the ball -- McCoy and Karlos' health helped but the O-Line run blocking also improved noticeably (having something to do with the O-Line coach being back?). On defense, the unit seems to play more in cohesion than individual efforts.

All in all, the Pats should win unless Brady gets hurt this Sunday. Just hope we have a healthy Tyrod, Sammy, and McCoy going into MNF, and Mario and Kyle Williams well enough to suit up to give Pats run for the money.

In my dream, it is McCoy who gets invited to sit on the MNF post game show set. But then I wake up and it is Brady sitting next to Ray Lewis on the set so I promptly turn off the TV.

BillsImpossible
11-15-2015, 10:55 AM
Since the bye week, I noticed one change each on offense and defense for the Bills. On offense they are a lot more committed and better execution on running the ball -- McCoy and Karlos' health helped but the O-Line run blocking also improved noticeably (having something to do with the O-Line coach being back?). On defense, the unit seems to play more in cohesion than individual efforts.

Good observations.

The Bills currently have the top ranked running offense in the NFL.

I don't think Aaron Kromer's offensive line will give up 8 sacks against the Pats next week, glad he's back.

You're right about the defense. Instead of playing as individual players, I think they're finally buying in to Rex's defensive system that is more team oriented compared to a defense that relies on 2 or 3 great players to make it work. It's more of a philosophy on defense than a system.

Who are the best defensive players Bill Belichick has had to work with the past 15 years? Vince Wilfork, Willie McGinest, Revis? They no longer play for the Patriots.

Look at their depth chart on defense this year:

http://www.patriots.com/schedule-and-stats/depth-chart

Not a lot of big names at all, but they're ranked 8th in the league in overall defense, 3rd against the run.

Belichick's defensive philosophy and his system as whole works, not individual talent.

The Bills have a ton of individual talent on defense, and I think they're finally starting to play like a team focused on the big picture instead of personal stats.

Oaf
11-15-2015, 11:01 AM
The real date is the road game at the Chiefs. We lose that and we're likely out. We only have a ~10-20% shot at a Pats win.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-15-2015, 11:19 AM
the pact with Beelzebub guarantees a Pats victory

BillsImpossible
11-15-2015, 11:31 AM
The real date is the road game at the Chiefs. We lose that and we're likely out. We only have a ~10-20% shot at a Pats win.

The 3-5 Chiefs play the Broncos today, in Denver.

If I was a betting man with money to burn, I'd bet the Bills to win against the Pats.

BillsImpossible
11-15-2015, 11:35 AM
the pact with Beelzebub guarantees a Pats victory

The devil always eventually pokes his victims in the ass, hence the pitchfork.

It is only a matter of time until the Cheatahs must give the devil his due.

mairofpominville
11-15-2015, 02:07 PM
I can't see how we will be able to beat New England. I feel that our next New England win will come after Brady has retired.

Typ0
11-15-2015, 02:09 PM
I am having a tough time deciding who to root for today....

stuckincincy
11-15-2015, 02:26 PM
I can't see how we will be able to beat New England. I feel that our next New England win will come after Brady has retired.

BUF has to depend on the run. The BUF OL can't sustain pass protection. They ought to be working on quick short curl patterns so that the limited Tyrod can get a one-shot look...he hasn't the time or perhaps the talent to scan the field.

The general idea being, keeping NE from serving up confusing coverage yet making them devote players to combat the rush.

Clarion call for the BUF ST's.

YardRat
11-15-2015, 02:49 PM
I'd really rather not play the Patriots coming off of a loss.

Mace
11-15-2015, 04:32 PM
I'd really rather not play the Patriots coming off of a loss.

I'm not really sure playing them coming off a win is much better.

coastal
11-15-2015, 05:11 PM
Bethseba! I banish you to hell!!!!!

BuffaloRedleg
11-15-2015, 05:51 PM
I think fans have it circled for another reason.

Take the next morning off, because you'll be drinking your sorrows away.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not really sure playing them coming off a win is much better.

Trap game is also one of the most useless cliches in sports, up there with "they just lost so they are really mad."

ghz in pittsburgh
11-15-2015, 06:19 PM
The Giants played the Pats as close as any one and if they were able to run the ball a bit in the final two minutes, things would be very different.

So what could Rex and the Bills learned by watching the Giants? My biggest take away is covering Gronk and be physical with the rest receivers - don't let those small receivers free release of the line. Brady seemed to have more off timing with his receivers against Giants than anyone else.

Still an unlikely game to win. Eli played elite today and Tyrod is nowhere near that caliber of quarterbacking. You know Belichick always takes away opponents best weapon (in superbowl XXV, he decided on Reed). I'm afraid he's going to zero in on McCoy. Can Sammy (and Tyrod) tops the best game of his career in NFL?

Famous Amos
11-15-2015, 06:41 PM
Afterwards watching the Giants game, not only will the Bills have to play better than the Giants, they will have to overcome Referee bias.
The overturned touchdown catch in the end zone. The negated interception. The myriad missed holding calls.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any stretch I the imagination but Damn do the refs give the Patriots allot of help. Is it a gambling thing?

ghz in pittsburgh
11-16-2015, 05:41 AM
As expected, the odds on MNF is more than a TD. You can figure out who's favorite.