PDA

View Full Version : Now that people are getting healthy...

Pinkerton Security
11-13-2015, 11:52 AM
Just worth pointing out that many on here got down on the team when key contributors were hurt. Yes, we probably should have beaten Jax but they're not a pure doormat as they have been.

Shady - now that he's close to 100% you can see the shiftiness and burst that makes him so special. Much different player when healthy
Tyrod - still not a world beater but theres no doubt whatsoever that we're a much better team with him taking snaps
Sammy - he was beating Revis left and right last night, just didnt get thrown to as much as he should have. Last week shows his abilities when hes given the ball
John Miller - Our o-line is opening up many more holes with him back in the fold
Karlos - TD's in every game he's played in, enough said. One of the best backup RB's in football IMO
Leodis - our secondary is playing better with him back healthy
We're still playing without Kyle - heres to hoping he can make it back for the Pats.

Simply put, its easy for a team to take a step back when starters such as these are missing games or playing injured. Lets hope we continue to get better and find a way to slow down NE next week.

OpIv37
11-13-2015, 01:21 PM
Problem is, can we stay healthy? It's been an issue for this team for as long as I can remember, and it doesn't get any easier as the season drags on and the games get wetter and colder.

Joe Fo Sho
11-13-2015, 01:33 PM
Problem is, can we stay healthy? It's been an issue for this team for as long as I can remember, and it doesn't get any easier as the season drags on and the games get wetter and colder.

Agreed.

It's an issue for pretty much every team every year. The reason we notice it so much is that we can never overcome the injuries we have like the good teams seem to be able to do. Teams probably don't think the Pats are vulnerable now that Dion Lewis went down...and does anyone even remember Kelvin Benjamin? Sure the Panthers miss him, but they've clearly dealt with it. The Steelers are right in the thick of the wild card hunt with Big Ben on his 2nd significant injury this season and Bell out for the year.

I admit that I was a bit upset when Rex gave the entire team the bye week off, but it didn't have a negative effect on the games outcomes and if it helps us stay healthy I'm all for it. We aren't able to overcome injuries to our top playmakers. Like this thread points out, we're a different team when all of our starters are playing.

Skooby
11-13-2015, 01:52 PM

Can this all be applied to every team ? If yes then it's all even.

OpIv37
11-13-2015, 02:00 PM
Can this all be applied to every team ? If yes then it's all even.

To be honest I don't know. Of course every team has injuries but I don't follow other teams closely enough to comment on the number or significance of their injuries. What I do know is that the Bills get burned by key injuries and lack of dowry to replace them every year.

Scumbag College
11-13-2015, 02:16 PM
I don't think that any team has "starting caliber depth" at every position. Take the Bills...they have pretty good depth at DB and DL, as shown by guys like Bryant, Carrington, Rambo, etc. But the OL and LB depth just isn't the same quality. If injuries happen at one of the positions that you aren't having that solid depth, you are screwed. When GB had Clay Matthews get injured at ILB a few weeks ago, Denver went right after the middle of the field and moved the ball with ease due to GB not having the solid guy behind Matthews.

You really can't have great depth for too long at one position due to having 32 teams, a salary cap, etc. DaNorris Searcy was a solid 3rd safety on the Bills for a few years, but once he had to start due to injuries he got a big contract elsewhere. Would he have started over Aaron W. or Graham at either safety position at the start of the year? Maybe, maybe not. But the Bills couldn't have brought him back matching Tennessee's offer for a potential nonstarter.

Mace
11-13-2015, 04:29 PM
Well, I get down on them when they aren't any good.

Do they stay healthy ? Is McCoy worth THAT much money ? Is Taylor getting better ?

I figure it's a given New England whales the bejesus out of us next game, if I'm wrong I'll be delighted to admit it. That'll be 5-5 and we can move along to the rest of the season without thinking about them anymore. That's when the questions get answered and see what's what with who we have.

I want to be more optimistic but just don't like Ryan as the HC at this point. I'm willing to be wrong there too. Maybe it's just me, but I want this stupid Pats game out of the way because it weighs on me, and I find myself aggravated thinking about the aggravation I'll experience, and aggravated the aggravation won't be out of the way until this next game is. I don't even care if they get trounced, I just want it over and past to see how they do against everyone else.

If they beat the Pats I'll have a happy happy joy joy buzz for at least 3 games no matter what happens.

YardRat
11-14-2015, 03:21 PM
To be honest I don't know. Of course every team has injuries but I don't follow other teams closely enough to comment on the number or significance of their injuries. What I do know is that the Bills get burned by key injuries and lack of dowry to replace them every year.

Just because the Bills get screwed by the refs every Sunday doesn't mean there's any plan for marriage.