PDA

View Full Version : AFC playoffs picture 2014 vs 2015

Skooby
11-16-2015, 02:16 PM
AFC Playoff Picture week 10 2015

1. New England Patriots (9-0, 6-0 AFC)
2. Cincinnati Bengals (8-0*, 7-0 AFC)
3. Denver Broncos (7-2)
4. Indianapolis Colts (4-5, 3-0 in AFC South)
5 Pittsburgh Steelers (6-4, 3-4 in AFC)
6. Buffalo Bills (5-4, head-to-head win over NYJ)
-------------------------------------------
7. New York Jets (5-4, 4-3 in AFC)
8. Kansas City Chiefs (4-5, 3-2 AFC)
9. Oakland Raiders (4-5, 4-4 AFC)
10. Miami Dolphins (4-5, 2-5 AFC)
11. Houston Texans (3-5*, 2-1 in AFC South, 2-3 AFC, head-to-head loss to MIA)

AFC Playoff Picture week 10 2014

1. New England (7-2)
2. Denver (7-2)
3. Indianapolis (6-3)
4. Cleveland (6-3)
5. Kansas City Chiefs (6-3)
6. Cincinnati (5-3-1)
---------------------------------------------------
7. Pittsburgh (6-4)
8. Baltimore (6-4)
9. San Diego (5-4)
10. Buffalo (5-4)
11. Miami (5-4)

Night Train
11-16-2015, 02:18 PM
Welcome to a weak AFC

Even with a Pats loss, Bills are still in it.

Skooby
11-16-2015, 02:21 PM
Welcome to a weak AFC

You know what most of those other teams will share with us come season end ? A loss to NE, who is beatable regardless of their record.

Joe Fo Sho
11-16-2015, 02:37 PM
The Chiefs game next Sunday is going to be a lot more important than I thought it would be a few weeks ago. I do like that the Chiefs and Raiders still play each other twice. That's going to guarantee 2 losses between those two teams. The Raiders also still have to play the Broncos and the Packers. That helps us a lot.

Our remaining schedule is not that difficult. If we don't beat the 5 (maybe even 4) out of our last 7 games, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

YardRat
11-16-2015, 02:41 PM
Keeping the fingers crossed.

Topas
11-16-2015, 02:45 PM
I dont think Denver will win the division.
We might very well fight with Denver for a Wild Card spot.
I dont know about the schedule of the Chiefs, but I can very well imagine that Denver implodes.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-16-2015, 04:32 PM
I dont think Denver will win the division.
We might very well fight with Denver for a Wild Card spot.
I dont know about the schedule of the Chiefs, but I can very well imagine that Denver implodes.

Denver may struggle but they still have a three game lead on the Chiefs and Raiders and beat both of them once already.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to a weak AFC

That's what I've been saying. The AFC is pillow soft this year.

snow1989
11-16-2015, 04:49 PM
The steelers remaining schedule isn't all that tough...I can see them hanging on to a playoff spot.

I don't think the jets schedule is that tough either; they could have losses to the Patriots, cowboys ( if Romo is back ) and Giants.

Ours I think is tougher with the Patriots, Eagles, cowboys ( if they have Romo ) and a suddenly resurgent Redskins.

It could all come down to Jan 3 going against the Jets.....winner take all

YardRat
11-16-2015, 09:41 PM
Houston just swapped spots with Indy as a result of beating Cincinnati.

CaptianIdiot
11-16-2015, 10:28 PM
Gonna be a lot of fun if we win next Monday.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-17-2015, 12:12 AM

Indy already beat Houston once.

Skooby
11-17-2015, 12:46 AM

No that's not the case, Indy has 2 head to head wins so against the Texans so that's over on tie-breakers. One other detail is Pittsburgh has a 3-5 conference record and we have a 5-3 record, so if it comes down to that (which it might) / Edge Bills.

YardRat
11-17-2015, 04:38 AM
My bad...I jumped on the comment by the post-game reporter interviewing Watt.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-17-2015, 05:53 AM
My bad...I jumped on the comment by the post-game reporter interviewing Watt.

probably the only one that feels this way, but I'm sick of JJ Watt's media whore ways. Just like I used to say about RG 3, he never met a camera he didn't like

k-oneputt
11-17-2015, 06:40 AM
KC and now Houston are going to be huge games.

Skooby
11-17-2015, 08:29 AM
KC and now Houston are going to be huge games.

For some odd reason lately, we usually have KC's number. The Texans D-line can be managed with well timed screens away from that freak (JJ) but agreed they are our season one way or the other. The tie-breakers allow for nothing but wins there (basically).

k-oneputt
11-17-2015, 09:02 AM
I would say they are must wins if we go down in New England.

Skooby
11-17-2015, 10:11 AM
I would say they are must wins if we go down in New England.

Anyone figuring a victory in New England right now is in fantasyland. If we somehow do win against NE, we'll be playoff bound because that'll be our toughest opponent (sans staying healthy). Beating them would be the biggest indicator of our place in the AFC, not too far from the top.

Yasgur's Farm
11-17-2015, 12:28 PM
I'm not ruling out a victory over NE... But that would lead to a tougher time vs KC in that it will be a typical let down game after the high of winning vs pats

IlluminatusUIUC
11-17-2015, 12:37 PM
We need to win at least 4 of our last 7 to have a chance. To have a good chance, as many of those as possible need to be AFC conference wins. 3 wins in the NFC East are helpful but tiebreakers would start to fall against us.

gebobs
11-17-2015, 12:48 PM
We need to win at least 4 of our last 7 to have a chance. To have a good chance, as many of those as possible need to be AFC conference wins. 3 wins in the NFC East are helpful but tiebreakers would start to fall against us.

To come:
3-1 v. AFC
1-2 v. NFC

9-7 overall
8-4 v. AFC
1-3 v. NFC

Losing to the Jagoffs might come back to bite us. Barring an upset in Foxboro, KC is a must win which needs to be followed by no let down v. Houston. Need at least one win, probably the Skins in the following three, and then the Jets might be the game to see who gets to the postseason.

At this point, we will have the tie breaker on Pittsburgh. They're a game and a half back in conference record.

Victor7
11-17-2015, 01:05 PM
For some odd reason lately, we usually have KC's number. The Texans D-line can be managed with well timed screens away from that freak (JJ) but agreed they are our season one way or the other. The tie-breakers allow for nothing but wins there (basically).

Say what ?

They've beaten us the last 2 times.

Well let me rephrase that. We've beaten ourselves vs them the last 2 times. Leodis, Bryce Brown and Jeff Tuel have been KC's MVPs when they play us

That game is gonna be huge.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-17-2015, 01:35 PM
Say what ?

They've beaten us the last 2 times.

Well let me rephrase that. We've beaten ourselves vs them the last 2 times. Leodis, Bryce Brown and Jeff Tuel have been KC's MVPs when they play us

That game is gonna be huge.

The thing about KC is that we've split the games 5-3 over the last 10 years. But, when we've won, we've utterly beaten the piss out of them (35-17. 41-7 even a Trent Edwards 50 burger) but when they've beaten us, it's been by the slimmest of margins in ridiculous circumstances. Like taking five full quarters to score 13 points in Arrowhead, or needing two defensive touchdowns to beat an undrafted free agent rookie QB making his only career start.