PDA

View Full Version : If Pettine gets canned can we get him back?

X-Era
11-16-2015, 02:27 PM
The D is still not properly being used IMO. Pettine had no trouble coaching and running a defense that was as productive as it should be.

Pettine has a history with Rex. Think he could make a return?

And no, I don't necessarily think he'll be canned after this year but owners can be pretty impatient so who knows.

Recent article on Rex's relationship with Pettine:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/08/mike_pettine_and_rex_ryan_are.html

YardRat
11-16-2015, 02:46 PM
Oh, hell no.

Mr. Pink
11-16-2015, 02:47 PM
I will say this much, there is no way Pettine is the coach and Manziel the QB next year.

One will be gone and if Manziel is allowed to play and shows he can play, it won't be him.

Apparently Pettine and Manziel don't see eye to eye and Pettine didn't want Manziel to begin with.

Albany,n.y.
11-16-2015, 03:48 PM
I will say this much, there is no way Pettine is the coach and Manziel the QB next year.

One will be gone and if Manziel is allowed to play and shows he can play, it won't be him.

Apparently Pettine and Manziel don't see eye to eye and Pettine didn't want Manziel to begin with.

Do you blame Pettine? If the owner wasn't enamored by Johnny Football, they could have drafted Bridgewater or Carr & have been set at QB for the next decade & Pettine's job would be pretty secure.

Goobylal
11-16-2015, 04:49 PM
Pettine's defense would be no better. No thanks. Bring back Schwartz.

Mr. Pink
11-16-2015, 04:51 PM
Do you blame Pettine? If the owner wasn't enamored by Johnny Football, they could have drafted Bridgewater or Carr & have been set at QB for the next decade & Pettine's job would be pretty secure.

Manziel was the owners' choice.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-16-2015, 05:13 PM
Manziel was the owners' choice.

Manziel was a homeless guy's choice and the owner inexplicably listened.

jimmifli
11-16-2015, 05:29 PM
I'll take Gym Shorts back yesterday.

Albany,n.y.
11-17-2015, 08:47 AM
Johnny named the starter for the rest of the season per NFL Network.

Mr. Miyagi
11-17-2015, 10:44 AM
Sure I'd bring Pettine back. We didn't want him to leave in the first place.

swiper
11-17-2015, 10:59 AM
Schwartz should be the head coach in Buffalo. And we could have had either Bridgewater or Carr.