X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EricStratton
    • Jul 2002

Strange explination to our issues getting plays off in time

Yesterday I took my kids and girlfriend to the Pats / Giants game. She loves the Pats, one kid loves the Giants (the smart one is a Bills fan), the seats were free and the tailgating didn't suck.

So since I had no horse in the race I watched odd things including the play clock.

When a Giants offensive play ended it seemed like 5-6 seconds passed before the 40 second clock started, not every time but enough times that I noticed.

On the other hand when a Patriots play ended it started immediately, sometimes before the bodies were off the ground.

Now again I didn't spend my day watching the play clock but I did it enough to get a good feel for it.

I would assume that is controlled by the stadium clock operator, employed by the Jets/Giants.

I wonder if that had anything to do with Taylor always seeming to be chasing the play clock.
  • EricStratton
    • Jul 2002

Re: Strange explination to our issues getting plays off in time

Plus there were a TON of Patriots jerseys in the building.

Giants fans sucked yesterday

Comment

• Topas
      German smartass
      • Feb 2014

You are a Bills fan and you had no horse in that race !?!?!?! Really !?!?!?

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Could be, would have to re-watch the game more closely. It sure as hell seemed like every time the Bills went into a huddle they were already down to 20 seconds or less.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• EricStratton
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Topas View Post
          You are a Bills fan and you had no horse in that race !?!?!?! Really !?!?!?

I wanted the Pats to lose but my actual team wasn't playing, thus no horse.

Comment

• gebobs
            One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
            • Sep 2003

Something for me to do on Thursday night after I get home and the wife is tucked in bed.
            Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

You're dating a Pats fan?
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• EricStratton
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                You're dating a Pats fan?

I haven't always made the best decisions in my life.

Comment

• The Beef
                  • Sep 2011

I actually wanted the Patriots' to win, I didn't want Brady and BB coming off a loss to the Giants with Rex's big blubbering ass I their cross hairs.

Granted New Englad is the last team to ever have a let down, but if they won yesterday they'd be in double Eff You mode Monday night. There's no doubt they want to go undefeated, but there is a chance with Edelman's injury and coming off a win vs their biggest rival that they don't match that intensity Monday night.

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

The Bills were having headset issues. Again.

Comment

• Turf
                      • Jul 2002

Maybe if they weren't hanging out at Tops at night with sunglasses on, they could tackle the headset issue.
                      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Turf
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EricStratton View Post
                        Yesterday I took my kids and girlfriend to the Pats / Giants game. She loves the Pats, one kid loves the Giants (the smart one is a Bills fan), the seats were free and the tailgating didn't suck.

So since I had no horse in the race I watched odd things including the play clock.

When a Giants offensive play ended it seemed like 5-6 seconds passed before the 40 second clock started, not every time but enough times that I noticed.

On the other hand when a Patriots play ended it started immediately, sometimes before the bodies were off the ground.

Now again I didn't spend my day watching the play clock but I did it enough to get a good feel for it.

I would assume that is controlled by the stadium clock operator, employed by the Jets/Giants.

I wonder if that had anything to do with Taylor always seeming to be chasing the play clock.
                        It's amazing to me that as fans we see more than the staff of the team does. Why aren't they seeing this and reporting it to the NFL? Mind boggling the ineptness of the organization on detail issues. BTW, two years later we have no cheerleaders?
                        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                          The Bills were having headset issues. Again.
                          Yup. Taylor said most of the game they were out.

Roger God sees no problem with this common issue.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

The bad spot has replaced the defensive hold this season. As the screw job of choice.
                            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                              It's amazing to me that as fans we see more than the staff of the team does. Why aren't they seeing this and reporting it to the NFL? Mind boggling the ineptness of the organization on detail issues. BTW, two years later we have no cheerleaders?
                              Do you they aren't ? Do you they are real issues and there isn't more to it?
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X