PDA

View Full Version : Strange explination to our issues getting plays off in time

EricStratton
11-16-2015, 02:40 PM
Yesterday I took my kids and girlfriend to the Pats / Giants game. She loves the Pats, one kid loves the Giants (the smart one is a Bills fan), the seats were free and the tailgating didn't suck.

So since I had no horse in the race I watched odd things including the play clock.

When a Giants offensive play ended it seemed like 5-6 seconds passed before the 40 second clock started, not every time but enough times that I noticed.

On the other hand when a Patriots play ended it started immediately, sometimes before the bodies were off the ground.

Now again I didn't spend my day watching the play clock but I did it enough to get a good feel for it.

I would assume that is controlled by the stadium clock operator, employed by the Jets/Giants.

I wonder if that had anything to do with Taylor always seeming to be chasing the play clock.

EricStratton
11-16-2015, 02:42 PM
Plus there were a TON of Patriots jerseys in the building.

Giants fans sucked yesterday

Topas
11-16-2015, 02:43 PM
You are a Bills fan and you had no horse in that race !?!?!?! Really !?!?!?

YardRat
11-16-2015, 02:44 PM
Could be, would have to re-watch the game more closely. It sure as hell seemed like every time the Bills went into a huddle they were already down to 20 seconds or less.

EricStratton
11-16-2015, 02:47 PM
You are a Bills fan and you had no horse in that race !?!?!?! Really !?!?!?

I wanted the Pats to lose but my actual team wasn't playing, thus no horse.

gebobs
11-16-2015, 02:58 PM
Something for me to do on Thursday night after I get home and the wife is tucked in bed.

Dr. Lecter
11-16-2015, 03:20 PM
You're dating a Pats fan?

EricStratton
11-16-2015, 03:37 PM
You're dating a Pats fan?

I haven't always made the best decisions in my life.

The Beef
11-16-2015, 04:44 PM
I actually wanted the Patriots' to win, I didn't want Brady and BB coming off a loss to the Giants with Rex's big blubbering ass I their cross hairs.

Granted New Englad is the last team to ever have a let down, but if they won yesterday they'd be in double Eff You mode Monday night. There's no doubt they want to go undefeated, but there is a chance with Edelman's injury and coming off a win vs their biggest rival that they don't match that intensity Monday night.

Goobylal
11-16-2015, 04:48 PM
The Bills were having headset issues. Again.

Turf
11-16-2015, 06:03 PM
Maybe if they weren't hanging out at Tops at night with sunglasses on, they could tackle the headset issue.

Turf
11-16-2015, 06:08 PM
Yesterday I took my kids and girlfriend to the Pats / Giants game. She loves the Pats, one kid loves the Giants (the smart one is a Bills fan), the seats were free and the tailgating didn't suck.

So since I had no horse in the race I watched odd things including the play clock.

When a Giants offensive play ended it seemed like 5-6 seconds passed before the 40 second clock started, not every time but enough times that I noticed.

On the other hand when a Patriots play ended it started immediately, sometimes before the bodies were off the ground.

Now again I didn't spend my day watching the play clock but I did it enough to get a good feel for it.

I would assume that is controlled by the stadium clock operator, employed by the Jets/Giants.

I wonder if that had anything to do with Taylor always seeming to be chasing the play clock.

It's amazing to me that as fans we see more than the staff of the team does. Why aren't they seeing this and reporting it to the NFL? Mind boggling the ineptness of the organization on detail issues. BTW, two years later we have no cheerleaders?

Night Train
11-16-2015, 07:52 PM
The Bills were having headset issues. Again.

Yup. Taylor said most of the game they were out.

Roger God sees no problem with this common issue.

stuckincincy
11-16-2015, 07:52 PM
The bad spot has replaced the defensive hold this season. As the screw job of choice.

Dr. Lecter
11-17-2015, 05:27 AM
It's amazing to me that as fans we see more than the staff of the team does. Why aren't they seeing this and reporting it to the NFL? Mind boggling the ineptness of the organization on detail issues. BTW, two years later we have no cheerleaders?

Do you they aren't ? Do you they are real issues and there isn't more to it?

gebobs
11-17-2015, 06:33 AM
BTW, two years later we have no cheerleaders?
I'm all for this.