X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • more cowbell
    • Apr 2006

Mario/Kyle Williams, Lawson, McKelvin

All of these guys will not be on the roster next season. I just looked at their cap numbers, cap savings...and the Bills current cap situation, and I cant see any possible way they are back. (source: Over The Cap)

As it stands right now the Bills have $119,385 in cap room for the 2016 season. YIKES.

Mario Williams cap hit = 19.9 mil - If cut (June 1), 14.5 mil savings

Leodis McKelvin cap hit = 4.9 mil - If cut, 3.9 mil savings

Manny Lawson cap hit = 3.4 mil - If cut, 2.65 savings

Kyle Williams cap hit = 8 mil - If cut (June 1), 6.5 mil savings

Minus those 4 players, that is 27.6 million in cap room

It will suck saying bye to Mario....it will REALLY suck saying bye to Kyle. But at the end of the day, there are guys who need to be locked up on this roster such as Gilmore. This team also needs to re-sign Incognito, and figure out how to improve their offensive line. Whether that means keeping or not keeping Cordy Glenn will be a tough decision. He will definitely get more money on the open market than he is worth.

Going to be a very different looking defense next year up front...
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.
  • ICRockets
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2008

Re: Mario/Kyle Williams, Lawson, McKelvin

You know people restructure their contracts all the time in the NFL, right?

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
      • Jul 2002

Most likely to go is McKelvin because he's already been replaced by Darby.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        Legendary Zoner
        • May 2009

Originally posted by more cowbell View Post
        All of these guys will not be on the roster next season. I just looked at their cap numbers, cap savings...and the Bills current cap situation, and I cant see any possible way they are back. (source: Over The Cap)

As it stands right now the Bills have $119,385 in cap room for the 2016 season. YIKES.

Mario Williams cap hit = 19.9 mil - If cut (June 1), 14.5 mil savings

Leodis McKelvin cap hit = 4.9 mil - If cut, 3.9 mil savings

Manny Lawson cap hit = 3.4 mil - If cut, 2.65 savings

Kyle Williams cap hit = 8 mil - If cut (June 1), 6.5 mil savings

Minus those 4 players, that is 27.6 million in cap room

It will suck saying bye to Mario....it will REALLY suck saying bye to Kyle. But at the end of the day, there are guys who need to be locked up on this roster such as Gilmore. This team also needs to re-sign Incognito, and figure out how to improve their offensive line. Whether that means keeping or not keeping Cordy Glenn will be a tough decision. He will definitely get more money on the open market than he is worth.

Going to be a very different looking defense next year up front...
        Nope

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
          My IQ Test results came back negative
          • Oct 2002

The bills are in the midst of their best chance at a playoff run in 15 years and people are worried about next offseason. Hence why this board has gone downhill.

Comment

• more cowbell
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
            You know people restructure their contracts all the time in the NFL, right?
            Fully aware. Kyle Williams has already restructured, and has one year left on his deal.

Mario Williams has a 20 mil cap hit? Would love to see a restructure there but that's going to be tough...

- - - Updated - - -

Well said.

Comment

• more cowbell
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
              Nope
              Oh yeah that's right. I forgot you were the know it all on this board.

I forgot to consult you and your intelligence before posting this. Please accept my deepest apologies, and eat a dick sandwich.

Go Bills.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

A Mario re-structure seems like a given at this point (unless we could somehow deal him). Lawson is seriously meh, he can go. Leodis I wouldn't mind keeping but it would be hard to justify if we could upgrade another position. Kyle would be painful. He might accept a restructure and a demotion to a rotational role, who knows. He clearly is having trouble standing up to a full season's workload.

Another few names who probably won't see their whole deals are Boobie Dixon and Kraig Urbik.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll View Post
                  The bills are in the midst of their best chance at a playoff run in 15 years and people are worried about next offseason. Hence why this board has gone downhill.
                  Makes absolutely no sense why anyone would worried about this **** at the half way point of the season.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by more cowbell View Post
                  Oh yeah that's right. I forgot you were the know it all on this board.

I forgot to consult you and your intelligence before posting this. Please accept my deepest apologies, and eat a dick sandwich.

Go Bills.
                  Enjoy this season and worry about next season when next season comes ricardo dick fingers.

Comment

• Turf
                    • Jul 2002

Mario has been underwhelming this season. If I could get out of 20 million next year with him being a year older I would unless he picks it up.
                    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                      Mario has been underwhelming this season. If I could get out of 20 million next year with him being a year older I would unless he picks it up.
                      he's not worth 20 mil while being asked to cover running backs. he's not an OLB, even pettine didn't play him at OLB. yet that's where Rex has him. as crazy as it sounds, rex has actually taken a solid 10+ sack a year DE and turned him into a mediocre 3-4 OLB, who might scrape up 6 sacks if he's lucky. as long as this continues to be the plan, we'll be overpaying for Mario Williams badly no matter what he resigns for.

I'm never for cutting sacks from your roster, you can live without tacklers, but not sackers, but right now he's just an overpaid OLB.
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

It's OK to talk about the off season right now, because just as we expect the real GM to be working on it at the moment, so should the armchair GM's.

McKelvin probably is gone. If the team will cut FJax for cap room, they certainly wouldn't blink at doing the same to Kyle. I agree with what Ingtar said re:Mario, but I'm not surprised. I do, however, disagree about Lawson. IMO he played an excellent game against NYJ after Mario got sick, and truth be known he's probably a better fit for this defense than either MW or Hughes.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

They'd be silly to consider letting Lawson go. No matter where he lines up, he hustles and plays very well. That cap number on him is cheap.

The others I get.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• coastal
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

Mario Williams... lol.

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

agreed on lawson. but hes gonna be 32 next season and might be replaced for a younger/cheaper body. rex gushes about tarpley any time it comes up, might be time to get him in the lineup

freddie wasnt let go for cap reasons, he was let go bc he wasnt worth the roster spot. he is at best a part time 3rd down back that this team didnt need. love freddie but love is blind and logic isnt

somebody big for sure isnt going to be on the team next season. too many young guys need to get paid. maybe we should play a game of contract ejection death pool
                              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                              X