Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Praying for one Patriot

Sad.

Link
  • sdbillsfan2
    • Apr 2005

Re: Praying for one Patriot

Sad for any parent to hear. God bless the Solder family.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• Bill Cody
      • Sep 2004

that sucks

Comment

• feldspar
        • Mar 2007

Not to sound crass, but I feel a "let's win one for the Gipper" media frenzy coming on.

Of course I Hope the kids beats it, but I still hope the Bills beat the Patriots. That's called a dual prayer, and not contradictory at all.

There are few things worse than a sick child in this world...
        Last edited by feldspar; 11-18-2015, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• gebobs
          One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
          Not to sound crass, but I feel a "let's win one for the Gipper" media frenzy coming on.
          That was fine, but I'm going to hold my tongue. What I was going to write would not be received well here, I'm sure.
          Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

This belongs in NFL discussion forum and not here, sorry for the guy but this isn't related to the Bills or Buffalo football.

God Bless the guy and his children, no ill will there at all.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Of course I Hope the kids beats it, but I still hope the Bills beat the Patriots. That's called a dual prayer, and not contradictory at all.

There are few things worse than a sick child in this world...
              You're not the only one with that reaction. That happens to us all the time. Ted Bruschi stroke and Katrina come to mind.

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
              Last edited by Mr. Miyagi; 11-18-2015, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• casdhf
                • Jul 2002

I pray for the kid, not the patriot.
                Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• feldspar
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                  You're not the only one with that reaction. That happens to us all the time. Ted Bruschi stroke and Katrina come to mind.
                  Yes, yes. Of course. Who can forget?

And then there was that whole thing a few years back...that whole "Chuck Strong" thing at Indianapolis when their absent Head Coach had leukemia. Remember that? The Bills were there and some of the freakin' Colts cheerleaders actually shaved their heads on the sidelines DURING THE GAME in support of Pagano, trying to raise money for leukemia research or something. I think it was at the end of the third quarter. It was all televised and marveled at.

Again, the cheerleaders were getting their heads shaved in support of their tragically sick head coach during the Bills game. This pretty much set the Bills up to be the bad guy...how can they ever think to actually win the game when the other side is clearly so noble? The Bills lost by seven, and what a fantastic story everyone can latch onto...except Bills fans, of course.

We need to take another one for the higher good, I guess.
                  Last edited by feldspar; 11-18-2015, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                    • Nov 2007

I literally just LOL at this video. I pretty much recall the game he came back from the stroke being broadcast like this.
                    I came.
                    I saw.
                    I conquered.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

And who can forget the first game at the Superdome in New Orleans the very next season after Katrina. The entire nation was rooting for the Saints. And guess who had to play them there.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

That's really sad to hear. Nate Solder played at my school so I was really eager to see his pro career. Then of course he went to the Patriots and I was bummed.

And then there was that whole thing a few years back...that whole "Chuck Strong" thing at Indianapolis when their absent Head Coach had leukemia. Remember that? The Bills were there and some of the freakin' Colts cheerleaders actually shaved their heads on the sidelines DURING THE GAME in support of Pagano, trying to raise money for leukemia research or something. I think it was at the end of the third quarter. It was all televised and marveled at.

Again, the cheerleaders were getting their heads shaved in support of their tragically sick head coach during the Bills game. This pretty much set the Bills up to be the bad guy...how can they ever think to actually win the game when the other side is clearly so noble? The Bills lost by seven, and what a fantastic story everyone can latch onto...except Bills fans, of course.
                        Actually that part was really hilarious because they started shaving one of the cheerleaders, but only did the top of her head and then inexplicably switched to the other girl. One of them was sitting there on national TV with a horrendous Friar Tuck haircut for like 20 minutes looking visibly mortified. Watch the girl on the left.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                          • Sep 2012

And who can forget the first game at the Superdome in New Orleans the very next season after Katrina. The entire nation was rooting for the Saints. And guess who had to play them there.
                          The Atlanta Falcons. We played New Orleans at the Alamodome the year Katrina hit, but we didn't play in the Super Dome again until 2013.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                            That's really sad to hear. Nate Solder played at my school so I was really eager to see his pro career. Then of course he went to the Patriots and I was bummed.

Actually that part was really hilarious because they started shaving one of the cheerleaders, but only did the top of her head and then inexplicably switched to the other girl. One of them was sitting there on national TV with a horrendous Friar Tuck haircut for like 20 minutes looking visibly mortified. Watch the girl on the left.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...onor-of-Pagano
                            That is hilarious. To be fair when they began shaving the girl on the left, the girl on the right was already sitting on her own Friar Tuck. She by the way has the teeth to match.

Comment

• elroy16
                              • May 2014

The Bills played the Redskins in Washington the week that Sean Taylor was killed. I was there, very emotional tribute paid to him before the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X