PDA

View Full Version : Praying for one Patriot

swiper
11-18-2015, 02:33 AM
Sad.

Link (http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/patriots-solder-announces-his-infant-son-has-kidney-cancer/ar-BBn5Jgq?ocid=ansmsnsports11)

sdbillsfan2
11-18-2015, 03:32 AM
Sad for any parent to hear. God bless the Solder family.

Bill Cody
11-18-2015, 09:03 AM
that sucks

feldspar
11-18-2015, 09:18 AM
Not to sound crass, but I feel a "let's win one for the Gipper" media frenzy coming on.

Of course I Hope the kids beats it, but I still hope the Bills beat the Patriots. That's called a dual prayer, and not contradictory at all.

There are few things worse than a sick child in this world...

gebobs
11-18-2015, 09:50 AM
Not to sound crass, but I feel a "let's win one for the Gipper" media frenzy coming on.
That was fine, but I'm going to hold my tongue. What I was going to write would not be received well here, I'm sure.

Skooby
11-18-2015, 10:54 AM
This belongs in NFL discussion forum and not here, sorry for the guy but this isn't related to the Bills or Buffalo football.

God Bless the guy and his children, no ill will there at all.

Mr. Miyagi
11-18-2015, 10:58 AM

Of course I Hope the kids beats it, but I still hope the Bills beat the Patriots. That's called a dual prayer, and not contradictory at all.

There are few things worse than a sick child in this world...
You're not the only one with that reaction. That happens to us all the time. Ted Bruschi stroke and Katrina come to mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK0tQpBOAp8

casdhf
11-18-2015, 11:32 AM
I pray for the kid, not the patriot.

feldspar
11-18-2015, 11:38 AM
You're not the only one with that reaction. That happens to us all the time. Ted Bruschi stroke and Katrina come to mind.

Yes, yes. Of course. Who can forget?

And then there was that whole thing a few years back...that whole "Chuck Strong" thing at Indianapolis when their absent Head Coach had leukemia. Remember that? The Bills were there and some of the freakin' Colts cheerleaders actually shaved their heads on the sidelines DURING THE GAME in support of Pagano, trying to raise money for leukemia research or something. I think it was at the end of the third quarter. It was all televised and marveled at.

Again, the cheerleaders were getting their heads shaved in support of their tragically sick head coach during the Bills game. This pretty much set the Bills up to be the bad guy...how can they ever think to actually win the game when the other side is clearly so noble? The Bills lost by seven, and what a fantastic story everyone can latch onto...except Bills fans, of course.

We need to take another one for the higher good, I guess.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-18-2015, 12:44 PM

I literally just LOL at this video. I pretty much recall the game he came back from the stroke being broadcast like this.

Mr. Miyagi
11-18-2015, 12:49 PM
And who can forget the first game at the Superdome in New Orleans the very next season after Katrina. The entire nation was rooting for the Saints. And guess who had to play them there.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-18-2015, 12:50 PM
That's really sad to hear. Nate Solder played at my school so I was really eager to see his pro career. Then of course he went to the Patriots and I was bummed.

And then there was that whole thing a few years back...that whole "Chuck Strong" thing at Indianapolis when their absent Head Coach had leukemia. Remember that? The Bills were there and some of the freakin' Colts cheerleaders actually shaved their heads on the sidelines DURING THE GAME in support of Pagano, trying to raise money for leukemia research or something. I think it was at the end of the third quarter. It was all televised and marveled at.

Again, the cheerleaders were getting their heads shaved in support of their tragically sick head coach during the Bills game. This pretty much set the Bills up to be the bad guy...how can they ever think to actually win the game when the other side is clearly so noble? The Bills lost by seven, and what a fantastic story everyone can latch onto...except Bills fans, of course.

Actually that part was really hilarious because they started shaving one of the cheerleaders, but only did the top of her head and then inexplicably switched to the other girl. One of them was sitting there on national TV with a horrendous Friar Tuck haircut for like 20 minutes looking visibly mortified. Watch the girl on the left.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000100359/Colts-cheerleaders-shave-heads-in-honor-of-Pagano

IlluminatusUIUC
11-18-2015, 12:53 PM
And who can forget the first game at the Superdome in New Orleans the very next season after Katrina. The entire nation was rooting for the Saints. And guess who had to play them there.

The Atlanta Falcons. We played New Orleans at the Alamodome the year Katrina hit, but we didn't play in the Super Dome again until 2013.

Mr. Miyagi
11-18-2015, 01:59 PM
That's really sad to hear. Nate Solder played at my school so I was really eager to see his pro career. Then of course he went to the Patriots and I was bummed.

Actually that part was really hilarious because they started shaving one of the cheerleaders, but only did the top of her head and then inexplicably switched to the other girl. One of them was sitting there on national TV with a horrendous Friar Tuck haircut for like 20 minutes looking visibly mortified. Watch the girl on the left.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000100359/Colts-cheerleaders-shave-heads-in-honor-of-Pagano

That is hilarious. To be fair when they began shaving the girl on the left, the girl on the right was already sitting on her own Friar Tuck. She by the way has the teeth to match.

elroy16
11-18-2015, 02:23 PM
The Bills played the Redskins in Washington the week that Sean Taylor was killed. I was there, very emotional tribute paid to him before the game.

Joe Fo Sho
11-18-2015, 02:35 PM
The Bills played the Redskins in Washington the week that Sean Taylor was killed. I was there, very emotional tribute paid to him before the game.

Yeah, I remember they played the 1st play with only 10 players to pay tribute to him. We had a decent run on that play, if I remember correctly.

swiper
11-18-2015, 03:31 PM
This belongs in NFL discussion forum and not here, sorry for the guy but this isn't related to the Bills or Buffalo football.

God Bless the guy and his children, no ill will there at all.

It's the Bills opponent this week idiot.

Skooby
11-18-2015, 04:50 PM

Yah, zero to do with the game or teams. It was also moved on other forums as well, not pertinent.

BertSquirtgum
11-18-2015, 05:07 PM
Yah, zero to do with the game or teams. It was also moved on other forums as well, not pertinent.

Not even an ounce of compassion in your soul?

Skooby
11-18-2015, 05:52 PM
Not even an ounce of compassion in your soul?

Tons, it's just not pertinent to the game nor does a child's illness have anything to do with this forum. It's NFL news if it's not Bills related. Let's call a spade a spade here, it's incredibly sad & we all wish him the best / pray he gets better. All discussable in the other forum, it won't change the game.

BillsImpossible
11-18-2015, 06:45 PM
Tons, it's just not pertinent to the game nor does a child's illness have anything to do with this forum. It's NFL news if it's not Bills related. Let's call a spade a spade here, it's incredibly sad & we all wish him the best / pray he gets better. All discussable in the other forum, it won't change the game.

We talk about football as if it's the most important thing in life. It's not.

That's why it's an important topic to talk about in a football forum.

Stories like this help put life in perspective.

How lucky are we to be sitting here typing away about a game?

Super lucky, 15 years without the playoffs is no big deal in comparison.

We're a football family and we should hang tight.

Thoughts and prayers for Hudson Solder.

feldspar
11-18-2015, 06:46 PM

Not really, though.

Nate Solder isn't even playing. He was put on IR and only appeared in 4 games this year. He really has nothing to do with this game, although that won't stop the hype, I imagine.

Skooby
11-18-2015, 07:15 PM
Not really, though.

Nate Solder isn't even playing. He was put on IR and only appeared in 4 games this year. He really has nothing to do with this game, although that won't stop the hype, I imagine.

My exact point, zero to do with the game & Buffalo.

BertSquirtgum
11-18-2015, 07:26 PM
My exact point, zero to do with the game & Buffalo.

I feel like you could just possibly be butt hurt that you didn't think of making the thread first and it's gaining attention.

BuffaloRedleg
11-18-2015, 07:36 PM
Not really, though.

Maybe they'll just show a 10 minute video of Teddy Bruschi curing cancer and fighting ISIS instead like they used to.

Skooby
11-18-2015, 08:02 PM
I feel like you could just possibly be butt hurt that you didn't think of making the thread first and it's gaining attention.

Good for you.

Historian
11-19-2015, 05:44 AM
We need to take another one for the higher good, I guess.

Didn't help us when Kevin Everett broke his neck in the 2007 opener. Lost to Denver 14-13 and ended up 7-9.

This team can't even get sympathy correctly.

Thanks Russ!

gebobs
11-19-2015, 07:57 AM
We talk about football as if it's the most important thing in life. It's not.
Mkay...that was easy.

That's why it's an important topic to talk about in a football forum.

Wait. What?