PDA

View Full Version : How big is the MNF game to you?

Shady25
11-20-2015, 11:54 AM
It feels really good to consistently play in games that matter. Not going on what if's but we all know that if Tyrod, and Sammy were playing in London that we would be 6-3 right now.. however at 5-4 with a huge rivalry game on MNF against the indestructible Patriots, other than week 17 vs PIT when we missed out on our chance to go to the playoffs.. is this the biggest game in quite some time?

IMO this is the biggest game of the year. Certain factors obviously led into this excitement for me.

But how big is the game to you?

ICRockets
11-20-2015, 12:07 PM
Not big at all. I don't think we have a chance in hell of winning.

BillsFanInMass
11-20-2015, 12:22 PM
This game is huge for me. I live in mass and i work with so many pats fans and take so much abuse please god let the bills win this one.

bleve
11-20-2015, 12:28 PM
In the past, there has been a pattern of the Bills *typically* play fairly well against the Pats (although still losing) in the first meeting. Then get handed their butts in the second meeting.

Combine that with the Bills have not fared well on National TV, well I think it's safe to say I'm looking to KC.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-20-2015, 12:30 PM
I still think we have a good chance to make the playoffs, even when we likely lose this week.

k-oneputt
11-20-2015, 12:36 PM
I think they win.

Seriously.

Meathead
11-20-2015, 12:43 PM
its just so gross to have to watch anything involving that slimy organization. the owner, the hc, the qb are all morally bankrupt. they are viewed as a model (sick) bc they lucked into the most gifted qb at a time when all the rules favor that one position. i literally would not stand up from my dinner table to shake any of their hands bc i wouldnt want to get myself dirty by association. so yeah they turn my stomach. all thats left is to hope we win once in a while and wait for marcia to retire so they can all go back to being the ѕhit organization/hc they always were before she magically appeared

Night Train
11-20-2015, 12:45 PM
I expect to lose and am looking at the last 6 games, thinking we need to go 4-2 to grab the last wild card slot.

I will be rooting for them to pull the upset.

Joe Fo Sho
11-20-2015, 01:13 PM
I don't even think this game is as big as the Thursday Night game last week against the Jets.

Oaf
11-20-2015, 02:32 PM

Same here. My family's tivo'ing the game so I can skip through it faster/get on with life.

Ed
11-20-2015, 02:34 PM
There's no question that if the Bills won this game it would be the biggest win the team has had in a long long time, but it's not a big game to me since I'm not giving them much chance. I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up, but as we get closer to the game I can't stop myself from getting excited at the thought of them pulling off the big upset.

Buffalogic
11-20-2015, 04:00 PM
hope to win, expect to lose, pray not to get embarrassed.

Mace
11-20-2015, 04:07 PM
To me it's only big in the sense I want it over and done with so we can see how we stack up against teams that aren't the Patriots, who inevitably make us look like a pop warner team. I know I'm going to get aggravated and want it out of the way. My best hope these days is that we make the playoffs and someone else beats them so we don't have to play them anymore, because playing them just doesn't end well in meaningful games.

Yes, I know this is a loser's mentality, don't even care. I always wanted us to beat them straight up with their peak undiminished, but I've accepted it's not going to happen. Pelt me with rocks and garbage if you must but I don't care, it's how I feel so nyah.

YardRat
11-20-2015, 04:12 PM
If Buffalo beats the Pats on Monday night, end up making the playoffs, and somehow face the Patriots again in the post season I will be 100% convinced the league is rigged.

Victor7
11-20-2015, 04:26 PM

This

Word for word

sudzy
11-20-2015, 05:48 PM
By big game, you mean must win? If the Pats are a must win they are screwed. I'm already preparing for 5-5 and a must win vs the Chiefs.

Scumbag College
11-20-2015, 06:08 PM
Biggest game ever.

Just like the game last Thursday against the Jets was the biggest game ever. Then the Bills @ Chefs next Sunday is the biggest game ever.

The Bills will win Monday night 29-24. The national ESPN/TMZ media will weep collectively since everyone's bfs Brady and Gronk will lose on national TV vs. downtrodden, Rust Belt Buffalo with a non-superstar QB.

OpIv37
11-20-2015, 06:30 PM
This game is huge. Win, and the chances of making the playoffs go up significantly. Lose, and playoffs are a coin toss at best.

That being said, Brady is something like 23-3 with astronomical numbers against us, and the Bills' only win ever at Gillettee was the last game of last season when they rested starters. It is going to be a slaughter

- - - Updated - - -

This game is huge. Win, and the chances of making the playoffs go up significantly. Lose, and playoffs are a coin toss at best.

That being said, Brady is something like 23-3 with astronomical numbers against us, and the Bills' only win ever at Gillettee was the last game of last season when they rested starters. It is going to be a slaughter

Yasgur's Farm
11-20-2015, 06:36 PM
Defining game IMO... We turn a 15 year corner with a win here.

The last buffalo fan
11-20-2015, 06:44 PM
**** them all, and go Buffalo!!!

psubills62
11-20-2015, 07:30 PM
This. I will always hope to win, but I don't expect it at all this time.

trapezeus
11-20-2015, 08:59 PM
Outlook not good, but rooting for a win

i will turn it off early if the same bs penalties and clear bias is evident early. I've lost my patience for the wwe that Goodell and Kraft have established

BuffaloRedleg
11-20-2015, 09:07 PM
This is a cop-out, but it's only big if we win.

Every single game against them is big, they're the best.

BLeonard
11-20-2015, 10:35 PM
IMO, this is the ultimate "Nothing to Lose" game here...

Everybody and their brother expects the Bills to lose. If everyone and their brother is right, the Bills will be at .500 with 6 games left against teams that certainly are beatable. I said it in another thread, they have a pretty favorable schedule the rest of the way. In short, if they lose, well, pretty much everyone is expecting that and no major harm is done to their playoff chances... They'll still likely control their own destiny....

BUT....

If the Bills go into Foxboro and beat the undefeated Patriots on Monday Night Football..... They will then have:

1: Beaten all three division opponents in succession
2: Beaten two division opponents in succession, in prime time, on the road
3: At 6-4, have a very strong foothold of a playoff berth, with that same favorable schedule the remaining 6 weeks of the season.

In short, it's a pretty big deal if the Bills win.... Not so much if they lose. Might sound like a "homer's" take, but really isn't, given the circumstances.

-Bill

Novacane
11-21-2015, 05:33 AM
We're already 5-5 in my mind.

jamze132
11-21-2015, 05:42 AM
Don't expect the Bills to win which is why I'm looking forward to the KC game which could essentially end our season. I expect us to be 5-5 going into KC and if we leave 5-6, we'll probably need to win out to make it unless Pittsburgh falls apart.

sudzy
11-21-2015, 06:00 AM
Don't expect the Bills to win which is why I'm looking forward to the KC game which could essentially end our season. I expect us to be 5-5 going into KC and if we leave 5-6, we'll probably need to win out to make it unless Pittsburgh falls apart.

Where I am at. The most important thing Monday, is coming out healthy.

BrianCarr
11-21-2015, 06:07 AM
Bills Fans here have a defeatist attitude. Not really fans at all.

The Bills can win on Monday, against all odds.....and they will.

BuffaloRedleg
11-21-2015, 07:28 AM
Bills Fans here have a defeatist attitude. Not really fans at all.

The Bills can win on Monday, against all odds.....and they will.

I can't even handle people who think they are better fans because they are more ignorant of facts and a pattern of performance that has existed for almost two decades.

starrymessenger
11-21-2015, 10:02 AM
I think the Bills have a decent chance of winning Monday night, especially if Tyrod gives any indication that he can start taking the next step ie throwing the ball 40 times including from the pocket over the middle and in tight windows. I don't expect BBs game plan for Taylor to change and I don't expect the running game to carry the team so Tyrod is going to have to make it happen.

YardRat
11-21-2015, 12:20 PM
When Shady is in the game, the defense is going to target him, and double Sammy. I would expect the same when Karlos is in. I would like to see more of the two back sets with Shady and Karlos in the game together, and Sammy keeping most of his routes outside and/or deep. Keep them guessing with the RB's, and open up the middle for Clay and Woods on the other side.

BrianCarr
11-21-2015, 12:35 PM
I can't even handle people who think they are better fans because they are more ignorant of facts and a pattern of performance that has existed for almost two decades.I forgot more about football and the NFL than you know, son.

It's too bad that you've resorted to a defense mechanism so you don't get your little feelings hurt.

Call yourself a "realist" if it makes you feel better, but you are not a fan, you're a spectator

BOBM253
11-21-2015, 01:51 PM
Speaking only from Bills history, we'll probably lose big. Even if we play them close we'll surely cave in to the pressure of the game and lose it in the end. Cannot see any scenario where we win going away or hang on in the 4th quarter to win a close game. It seems like in the end, Brady will do what's needed to win. Period. Best hope for me is a competitive game and we keep it close at the end.

Just being a realist here....

BuffaloRedleg
11-21-2015, 03:58 PM
I forgot more about football and the NFL than you know, son.

It's too bad that you've resorted to a defense mechanism so you don't get your little feelings hurt.

Call yourself a "realist" if it makes you feel better, but you are not a fan, you're a spectator

Oh thats cute, you resorted to ad hominum attacks.

I guess we must differ on our definition of adult as well.

BertSquirtgum
11-21-2015, 08:06 PM
If this game isn't big to anyone then I would say they aren't a Bills fan. The Bills need to win this and continue their push for the playoffs. Losing this will set them back big time and I don't see them making the playoffs if they lose.

The Beef
11-22-2015, 07:24 AM
A win would be a long sought signature win which this team hasn't had in....

On the flip side a loss doesn't ruin the season, but an e, bar asking loss could cause a tailspin.

The next 2 weeks vs KC and Houston won't be easy. They have both turned around their seasons are playing good football.

The thing that can't happen is turnovers, or a parade of flags. Too many times during the Brady era we've consistently racked up a ton of God awful turnovers. Take care of the ball and finish drives and at least you give yourself a shot.

A win would be huge, but not if we follow it up with a loss at Kansas City the next week. If this team managed to pull of 3 road wins at NYJ, NE and KC that would be amazing.

DynaPaul
11-22-2015, 08:11 AM
If Buffalo beats the Pats on Monday night, end up making the playoffs, and somehow face the Patriots again in the post season I will be 100% convinced the league is rigged.

Uh, you're not convinced already?

chris66
11-22-2015, 09:16 AM
IMO, this is the ultimate "Nothing to Lose" game here...

Everybody and their brother expects the Bills to lose. If everyone and their brother is right, the Bills will be at .500 with 6 games left against teams that certainly are beatable. I said it in another thread, they have a pretty favorable schedule the rest of the way. In short, if they lose, well, pretty much everyone is expecting that and no major harm is done to their playoff chances... They'll still likely control their own destiny....

BUT....

If the Bills go into Foxboro and beat the undefeated Patriots on Monday Night Football..... They will then have:

1: Beaten all three division opponents in succession
2: Beaten two division opponents in succession, in prime time, on the road
3: At 6-4, have a very strong foothold of a playoff berth, with that same favorable schedule the remaining 6 weeks of the season.

In short, it's a pretty big deal if the Bills win.... Not so much if they lose. Might sound like a "homer's" take, but really isn't, given the circumstances.

-Bill

This game is more important to the Bills than the Pats. If the Pats lose they are still the no.1 seed. If Bills lose they are fighting for their playoff lives

trapezeus
11-22-2015, 05:22 PM
It is important for the league to keep the fickle newbie pats fans. No way they let them lose a game. They have to gift them the loss of a "perfect" season a few years ago.

Topas
11-23-2015, 01:05 AM
This game is more important to the Bills than the Pats. If the Pats lose they are still the no.1 seed. If Bills lose they are fighting for their playoff lives

Disagree. It is more important to the Pats.
The Bills can loose and still have a wild card spot. And nobody expects the Bills to win. This is a free game for the Bills. They have nothing to loose.

Quite different for the pats. Their perfect season is gone if they loose. And you bet they want this perfect season more than ever after the public dared to question them about Deflategate. They dont like if somebody finds out that they are cheating. And they are even more angry if the public thinks that this cheating increased their winning percentage. They want this game and they want the perfect season.

And on top of that. Bellichick is cold as ice and he never let get emotions in his way of thinking. Other than the last game vs Rex. He wanted to embarass us and almost paid for it. That never happens to him but it did the last time vs us. That is how much he hates Rex.

You bet this game is 100 times more important to them than to us.
For us it is a free game ...

The Natrix
11-23-2015, 02:40 AM
Not big.

Games where you are the favorite are always bigger. Cough, Jacksonville game, cough, EJ.

chris66
11-23-2015, 04:37 AM
Disagree. It is more important to the Pats.
The Bills can loose and still have a wild card spot. And nobody expects the Bills to win. This is a free game for the Bills. They have nothing to loose.

Quite different for the pats. Their perfect season is gone if they loose. And you bet they want this perfect season more than ever after the public dared to question them about Deflategate. They dont like if somebody finds out that they are cheating. And they are even more angry if the public thinks that this cheating increased their winning percentage. They want this game and they want the perfect season.

And on top of that. Bellichick is cold as ice and he never let get emotions in his way of thinking. Other than the last game vs Rex. He wanted to embarass us and almost paid for it. That never happens to him but it did the last time vs us. That is how much he hates Rex.

You bet this game is 100 times more important to them than to us.
For us it is a free game ...
Sorry disagree. Nothing changes for the Pats if they lose. They are the number 1 seed either way with a game in hand.
As far as going 16-0. They have already done that.
Bills loss puts them at 5-5 battling 4 other teams for pretty much 1 spot.