PDA

View Full Version : Gilbride on Bills vs Pats

Oaf
11-20-2015, 03:10 PM
Great preview of the game: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/11/19/gilbride-had-belichicks-number/

May come down to what Bills can do w/ Woods, Hogan, Clay, Gragg. Karlos Williams may need a big game too.

YardRat
11-20-2015, 03:35 PM
Good article...some really interesting comments on some QB's, especially Tyrod.

swiper
11-20-2015, 03:39 PM
I didn't like Gilbride when the Bills hired him. I hated him by the time he was fired. I hated him in NY. And, as is his norm, he got fired there too. He's one of the worst OCs the Bills have had. It's hard to make him look smart. He does far more wrong with personnel than he does correctly. The Giants won in spite of him.

Mace
11-20-2015, 04:33 PM
Great article, I have come to look forward to Tyler Dunne articles. Has some good sources like Tim Graham also.

I also didn't like Gilbride, but he provided some good commentary from his seat in the bleachers. Don't know if it's right or not but it was a great read. "Right or not" depends on the players executing the plays in the playbook anyway and calling things at the right time.

I think the one coach I have a good feeling about is Roman so far. I guess we'll see what tricks he has up his sleeve or if he'll just do the standard Buffalo everygame "we do what we do whether it works or not" gameplan.

Victor7
11-20-2015, 04:42 PM
Nice write up but at the end of the day it all comes down to stopping the cheater wearing 12

Meathead
11-20-2015, 05:07 PM
kevin killdrive

Turf
11-20-2015, 05:31 PM
I am not that impressed with Roman. Take away Tyrod's athleticism and this team would barely score.

justasportsfan
11-20-2015, 05:53 PM
It's all on Tyrod. He tends to favor certain targets rather than spread the ball like Brady. Get Watkins involved but Woods and Hogan have proven they can make plays when thrown to.

Mace
11-20-2015, 07:04 PM
I am not that impressed with Roman. Take away Tyrod's athleticism and this team would barely score.

Might be, but he uses it well. Has an idea evidently what he wants in a QB he can use. Gailey used or tried to use whatever, Marrone/Hackett just switched gears from mobile Manuel to immobile Orton without any real philosophy. Taylor isn't polished, he's still learning by necessity, he's pretty much a rookie starter, but you have to like what Roman can do with it.

Take away Taylor and they're just understaffed and trying to make do. I know Manuel didn't excel, but they got some results out of him here and there, and the backs are a little healthier for the moment.

Proof will be in the pudding after the Pats imho, healthy Taylor or not.

BrianCarr
11-21-2015, 06:01 AM
I didn't like Gilbride when the Bills hired him. I hated him by the time he was fired. I hated him in NY. And, as is his norm, he got fired there too. He's one of the worst OCs the Bills have had. It's hard to make him look smart. He does far more wrong with personnel than he does correctly. The Giants won in spite of him.Well, it's hard to argue with two Super Bowl rings and beating an 18-0 team in one.

I never liked Gilbride much either, but he did beat a defensive genius.....twice...in the ultimate game of the year.

BrianCarr
11-21-2015, 06:03 AM
I am not that impressed with Roman. Take away Tyrod's athleticism and this team would barely score.HaHaHa. Take away Tom Brady's brain and New England would be tied with us.

swiper
11-21-2015, 06:29 AM
Well, it's hard to argue with two Super Bowl rings and beating an 18-0 team in one.

I never liked Gilbride much either, but he did beat a defensive genius.....twice...in the ultimate game of the year.

But was more than underwhelming in most of the other games he was involved. Terrible in many.

swiper
11-21-2015, 06:32 AM
HaHaHa. Take away Tom Brady's brain and New England would be tied with us.

There's no question that Belichick is very good, chicanery aside. We saw what Josh McDaniels was away from NE. There is little doubt that Brady is what makes the Patriots fully what they are.

Oaf
11-21-2015, 07:47 AM
But was more than underwhelming in most of the other games he was involved. Terrible in many.

Better than being underwhelming in all, terrible in many.

stuckincincy
11-21-2015, 10:11 AM
It's all on Tyrod. He tends to favor certain targets rather than spread the ball like Brady. Get Watkins involved but Woods and Hogan have proven they can make plays when thrown to.

Spot on.

feldspar
11-21-2015, 10:13 AM
In a larger sense, I think maybe the Giants success against the Patriots has more to do with somebody else other than Gilbride, or a number of people or factors.

Did you watch last week's Giants/Pats game? The Giants should have won that game too, and twice-over. I've seen that Beckham pass upheld as a TD before with two feet down...it was close, but I've seen that called a TD and think it was still. At any rate, Beckham shouldn't have been acting like he was playing catch in the yard and should have protected that football...he ****ing HAD it. There was also the dropped INT that would have sealed the deal for the Giants near the end...the guy should have had it. Pats' inexplicable dumb-luck strikes again...

Something about the Giants...Coughlin, Manning, or whoever...that has the Patriots' number.

DynaPaul
11-22-2015, 08:48 AM
HaHaHa. Take away Tom Brady's brain and New England would be tied with us.

That can be done. His name is Ernie Adams and he sits in a booth talking into Brady's earpiece all game.