• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Gilbride on Bills vs Pats

Great preview of the game: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/11...chicks-number/

May come down to what Bills can do w/ Woods, Hogan, Clay, Gragg. Karlos Williams may need a big game too.

• YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Gilbride on Bills vs Pats

Good article...some really interesting comments on some QB's, especially Tyrod.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2010

I didn't like Gilbride when the Bills hired him. I hated him by the time he was fired. I hated him in NY. And, as is his norm, he got fired there too. He's one of the worst OCs the Bills have had. It's hard to make him look smart. He does far more wrong with personnel than he does correctly. The Giants won in spite of him.

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

Great article, I have come to look forward to Tyler Dunne articles. Has some good sources like Tim Graham also.

I also didn't like Gilbride, but he provided some good commentary from his seat in the bleachers. Don't know if it's right or not but it was a great read. "Right or not" depends on the players executing the plays in the playbook anyway and calling things at the right time.

I think the one coach I have a good feeling about is Roman so far. I guess we'll see what tricks he has up his sleeve or if he'll just do the standard Buffalo everygame "we do what we do whether it works or not" gameplan.

Comment

• Victor7
          • Jul 2013

Nice write up but at the end of the day it all comes down to stopping the cheater wearing 12

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

kevin killdrive
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Turf
              • Jul 2002

I am not that impressed with Roman. Take away Tyrod's athleticism and this team would barely score.
              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

It's all on Tyrod. He tends to favor certain targets rather than spread the ball like Brady. Get Watkins involved but Woods and Hogan have proven they can make plays when thrown to.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                  I am not that impressed with Roman. Take away Tyrod's athleticism and this team would barely score.
                  Might be, but he uses it well. Has an idea evidently what he wants in a QB he can use. Gailey used or tried to use whatever, Marrone/Hackett just switched gears from mobile Manuel to immobile Orton without any real philosophy. Taylor isn't polished, he's still learning by necessity, he's pretty much a rookie starter, but you have to like what Roman can do with it.

Take away Taylor and they're just understaffed and trying to make do. I know Manuel didn't excel, but they got some results out of him here and there, and the backs are a little healthier for the moment.

Proof will be in the pudding after the Pats imho, healthy Taylor or not.

Comment

• BrianCarr
                    Senior Zoner
                    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                    I didn't like Gilbride when the Bills hired him. I hated him by the time he was fired. I hated him in NY. And, as is his norm, he got fired there too. He's one of the worst OCs the Bills have had. It's hard to make him look smart. He does far more wrong with personnel than he does correctly. The Giants won in spite of him.
                    Well, it's hard to argue with two Super Bowl rings and beating an 18-0 team in one.

I never liked Gilbride much either, but he did beat a defensive genius.....twice...in the ultimate game of the year.

Comment

• BrianCarr
                      Senior Zoner
                      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                      HaHaHa. Take away Tom Brady's brain and New England would be tied with us.

Comment

• Swiper
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by BrianCarr View Post
                        Well, it's hard to argue with two Super Bowl rings and beating an 18-0 team in one.

I never liked Gilbride much either, but he did beat a defensive genius.....twice...in the ultimate game of the year.
                        But was more than underwhelming in most of the other games he was involved. Terrible in many.

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by BrianCarr View Post
                          HaHaHa. Take away Tom Brady's brain and New England would be tied with us.
                          There's no question that Belichick is very good, chicanery aside. We saw what Josh McDaniels was away from NE. There is little doubt that Brady is what makes the Patriots fully what they are.

Comment

• Oaf
                            Do you read what you write?
                            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                            But was more than underwhelming in most of the other games he was involved. Terrible in many.
                            Better than being underwhelming in all, terrible in many.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                              It's all on Tyrod. He tends to favor certain targets rather than spread the ball like Brady. Get Watkins involved but Woods and Hogan have proven they can make plays when thrown to.
                              Spot on.
                              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                              X