• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Kyle Williams 50/50 to return this season

DT Kyle Williams could miss rest of season

Bills defensive tackle Kyle Williams could miss the remainder of the season after suffering a setback in his recovery from a left knee injury, Bills coach Rex Ryan told reporters Saturday.

Williams, a four-time Pro Bowl selection, sprained his PCL when a teammate rolled onto his left leg in Buffalo's loss to Cincinnati on Oct. 18. He's been ruled out for Monday night's matchup against the undefeated Patriots (9-0) after missing the last three games. Ryan said there is a 50-50 chance the veteran will be sidelined the rest of the season.

One set of rules for all in the beloved community
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: White Williams 50/50 to return this season

If he doesn't return this year, than it's probably 95%-5% that we've seen Kyle play his last game in a Bills uniform.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Meathead
      • Jul 2002

sadly thats what i was thinking too. money to pay the younger studs gotta come from somewhere

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

Could tell when I saw the way his knee moved when he was hit it wasn't going to be good.

I don't know if he's here next year or not, have a feeling Ryan is going to trash some things and think to rebuild it. Also have a feeling we're going to end up with a solid offense in the next couple years and the defense is going to blow enough to eventually cost Rex his job.

Comment

• Meathead
          • Jul 2002

huh. i dont think rex will have much problem fielding a good defense. maybe not top five like he blew up his own ass but still pretty good. that is unless they manage to screw up retaining their own fas but that appears unlikely considering a bunch of them are already locked up. even just having gilmore and darby would give him a big advantage to start with, very deep safety rotation with small black williams at the top who is locked up long term, and marcell/hughes/bryant at a minimum retained on the dline. yeah i cant see his defense being what gets him fired but who knows

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            If he doesn't return this year, than it's probably 95%-5% that we've seen Kyle play his last game in a Bills uniform.
            Yup. After a coach finishes his first season, the roster usually gets a healthy turnover.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mace
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
              huh. i dont think rex will have much problem fielding a good defense. maybe not top five like he blew up his own ass but still pretty good. that is unless they manage to screw up retaining their own fas but that appears unlikely considering a bunch of them are already locked up. even just having gilmore and darby would give him a big advantage to start with, very deep safety rotation with small black williams at the top who is locked up long term, and marcell/hughes/bryant at a minimum retained on the dline. yeah i cant see his defense being what gets him fired but who knows
              I think he'll have trouble and I'll tell you why I think so. He's inflexible, he doesn't adapt. It's a dynamic game, and he's not dynamic besides personality. When Pettine was here and ran his version of the Ryan, it looked more aggressive and had a scarier rush. Why ? Because Pettine adapted parts of it. Good teams, good coaches and good qb's have the book on it, it's predictable and they'll beat it like a drum. Ryan flavored or influenced D's are 13th, 16th, 29th and 32nd.

It could survive if there was any flexibility, but the Ryan defensive style as a cookie cutter build is in decline just like the Tampa-2 was after teams figured how to beat it.

Marrone, Hackett and Orton were able to lay 81 points on him last year and he looked helpless. Why ? Because he was, he didn't know how to change anything from the 1st game to the second against Marrone/Hackett/Orton.

It's just my opinion, I can respect if people disagree, I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, but I don't think Rex Ryan is learning, growing and evolving any.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                • Feb 2005

Re: Kyle Williams 50/50 to return this season

I edited the title for you Meathead...

Comment

• Meathead
                  • Jul 2002

why?

thats not cool. i dont approve of having my posts edited. please change it back

- - - Updated - - -

not to mention that its absurdly inappropriately mega damaging levels of hyper pc

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Can you edit his avatar too?

Comment

• Mace
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                      Can you edit his avatar too?
                      Dunno, I think he's got a great one.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

For all the talk about our DL, we have zero depth, no one has stepped up. Mario older and on the backside, Kyle older, we have two young pieces on DL, that's it. Have to fill the cupboard this year, time to draft some DL.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                          For all the talk about our DL, we have zero depth, no one has stepped up. Mario older and on the backside, Kyle older, we have two young pieces on DL, that's it. Have to fill the cupboard this year, time to draft some DL.
                          It isn't the talent that's a problem, it's the match-up of skillset with scheme. Bryant, Charles and Carrington are decent depth and we've got, literally, four Pro Bowl-caliber linemen when they are used as such. But, yes...with Rex here the roster for the front seven is going to have to be completely re-tooled.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                            • Sep 2009

But a few posts ago you were talking about Kyle possibly playing his last game in a Bills uni, so we don't have 4 pro bowl level DL if the possibility exists that one gets cut. Mario has to restructure, or he's getting the boot as well.

I don't agree with the depth, I haven't seen anything from Charles, Bryant or Carrington this season. Need to upgrade the talent long term.

Comment

• Mace
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                              But a few posts ago you were talking about Kyle possibly playing his last game in a Bills uni, so we don't have 4 pro bowl level DL if the possibility exists that one gets cut. Mario has to restructure, or he's getting the boot as well.

I don't agree with the depth, I haven't seen anything from Charles, Bryant or Carrington this season. Need to upgrade the talent long term.
                              Gonna take a while, instead of using what was available magnificently. But that's what an innovator does. Ryan thinks he is, compares himself with them and calls himself one.

Nah. So well it will take a couple years to rebuild a D that didn't need rebuilding, and we'll end up with Ryan players when he gets fired, so we have to do it again after.

Woeful.

Comment

Working...
                              X