X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Play a clean game and we will have a chance

All of NE's blowout wins this year came with turnover favors. In games where they didn't win that battle, it's been close within one score. Very close in actual games than the score sheet.

People talk about Brady as if he scores every time when he's under center. The fact is when he has 80 yards to go every time, he's as mortal as everyone else. The thing about turnover is it is usually associated with a shock, the emotion lift and deflation, and kind of "not-ready-yet" defensive players who are accustomed to be mentally prepared when the punt/kickoff team is on the field. Of course Brady, being who he is, is extremely adapt to exploit any weakness a defense shows and rises up to that kind of moment.

If the Bills offense can stay turnover 0 tonight, I truly believe it will be a close game throughout. Thus I'd not want Taylor to take unnecessary chances like so many people would like him to do. Guys like Robert Woods better hold onto the ball.

If the Bills D or ST can manage to get an INT or fumble, then shocker is not that far fetched ...
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Play a clean game and we will have a chance

Just don't let McKelvin run out the punt return at the end of the game.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
      This does look to be our Achilles' heel.

Comment

• Topas
        German smartass
        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
        ... People talk about Brady as if he scores every time when he's under center. The fact is when he has 80 yards to go every time, he's as mortal as everyone else. The thing about turnover is it is usually associated with a shock, the emotion lift and deflation, and kind of "not-ready-yet" defensive players who are accustomed to be mentally prepared when the punt/kickoff team is on the field. ...
        So your are saying that the Patriots do not only deflate Balls but also opponents ...

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
          • Aug 2004

Topas, you will never hear players publicly say about it, but I remembered hearing some casual chattings of my friend's NFL guys like Ruben Brown/Justin Strzelczyk. To a man, they said the hardest thing between the white line is a pick or fumble, especially when the going was good. The D side of guys are scrambling and cursing, etc.

The guys respect special players like Ray Lewis who steps up in those situations (like a Brady on the offensive side) and rallies his people, his unit. Unfortunately those guys are far in between -- I don't see a guy like that on this Bills team.

Comment

• Buffalogic
            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
            • Feb 2006

It was a kickoff return

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
              It was a kickoff return
              Thanks for the correction. I'm sure no one else understood my point otherwise. Hope you feel better about yourself.

Comment

• gebobs
                One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                • Sep 2003

Thanks for the correction. I'm sure no one else understood my point otherwise. Hope you feel better about yourself.
                I think we all understood, but it's kind of surprising that such a seminal moment of Bills fail was misremembered. It sucks getting old, eh? :-)
                Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Ed
                  Dude
                  • Sep 2002

When Tyrod doesn't turn the ball over the Bills are 5-0.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                    I think we all understood, but it's kind of surprising that such a seminal moment of Bills fail was misremembered. It sucks getting old, eh? :-)
                    I just remember screaming at the TV "Stay in there! Stay in there!" as the idiot ran the ball out, then for 3 seconds I changed my hopes for him to break a big return, then he got gang tackled and the ball came out and my heart just stopped. Frankly I don't remember what the score even was or all the other details.

What color jersey did we wear? Do you remember? Was it a white-out night? Does it ****ING MATTER??

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                      When Tyrod doesn't turn the ball over the Bills are 5-0.
                      I'm concerned about Tyrod's knee. He's still nowhere near 100%. If his running the ball isn't a threat, and the Pats can straight up cover for the pass, then we're doomed. Tyrod is nothing special as a pocket passer.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                        • Aug 2004

I'm concerned about Tyrod's knee. He's still nowhere near 100%. If his running the ball isn't a threat, and the Pats can straight up cover for the pass, then we're doomed. Tyrod is nothing special as a pocket passer.
                        Yes Eli tore up Pats secondary which might be their biggest weakness on D. BUT I feel the Bills still need to play their game, the kind they have been since the bye week: run the ball on opponents.

Comment

• Ed
                          Dude
                          • Sep 2002

I don't know about Tyrod's knee, but he's had another 11 days to rest it so it probably feels better than it has in a while. Even if he's not 100% he's still always a threat to run so the Pats are going to have to prepare for it and defend it. I think it's more important that LeSean and Karlos show that they're big threats and can run effectively. That would help open things up more for Tyrod to throw.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

NE completely gave up on the run last time and still shredded us with the pass. With Kyle out, I don't see them being as one dimensional and that's really bad news for us.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              NE completely gave up on the run last time and still shredded us with the pass. With Kyle out, I don't see them being as one dimensional and that's really bad news for us.
                              They did have an OK run game with Dion Lewis last game, and Lewis caught a bunch of short passes and had plenty of YAC as well. With Lewis out, Blount/Boldin/White won't be able to gouge us as badly.

Comment

Working...
                              X